There are 126 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Rumor about 49ers trying to trade to top 15.

Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by martysofresh:
If we're going to 15, why not target Vaccaro, Patterson or Austin?
much rather trade up to 24(Colts) and get Datone Jones tho instead of packaging our draft

Ideally, i want Datone Jones with our first pick and Phillip Thomas with our second.
Our biggest need IMO is FS simply because we lost our starter and our second would be DL. Fortunately, Thomas is rated to go behind Elam, Vaccaro, Reid, and Cyprien.

No way would I use the 34th pick for Phillip Thomas. He should still be there when we use our late 2nd rd pick or even the early 3rd rd pick

idk. 28 or something picks between our two second round picks, i just feel like another safety needy team will snatch him up if the other 4 are gone. But who would you take there?
Member Milestone: This is post number 200 for TTown9ers.
Originally posted by buhda:
Sheldon Richardson.

This
much rather trade up to 24(Colts) and get Datone Jones tho instead of packaging our draft

Ideally, i want Datone Jones with our first pick and Phillip Thomas with our second.
Our biggest need IMO is FS simply because we lost our starter and our second would be DL. Fortunately, Thomas is rated to go behind Elam, Vaccaro, Reid, and Cyprien.

No way would I use the 34th pick for Phillip Thomas. He should still be there when we use our late 2nd rd pick or even the early 3rd rd pick

idk. 28 or something picks between our two second round picks, i just feel like another safety needy team will snatch him up if the other 4 are gone. But who would you take there?

I share your apprehension. I kind of expect them to slide down from 34 or up from 61 to take Thomas in the mid-2nd. But if they miss out on him, shift their attention to Evans or Rambo.

I like Elam, Cyprien, Haden, Trufant.

Ideally:
31 Jones
34 One of the 4 above

Ideally:
31 Jones
34 One of the 4 above

So you'd go Corner before FS? Interesting. I like Hayden though, wouldnt be upset with him at 34. He'd be that solid corner that we so desparately need and would be there, assuming Jax doesnt go for him with #33. Same could be said for Cyprien.
I wanted to go Jones, Thomas and then B.Williams with 62 to address backup DT behind Dorsey and compete with I.Williams.
[ Edited by martysofresh on Apr 21, 2013 at 7:26 PM ]

Ideally:
31 Jones
34 One of the 4 above

So you'd go Corner before FS? Interesting. I like Hayden though, wouldnt be upset with him at 34. He'd be that solid corner that we so desparately need and would be there, assuming Jax doesnt go for him with #33. Same could be said for Cyprien.
I wanted to go Jones, Thomas and then B.Williams with 62 to address backup DT behind Dorsey and compete with I.Williams.

FS is a bigger need but I believe the value in this draft will lead the team to draft a CB first and come away with starting caliber players at both positions.
Originally posted by wysiwyg:
Originally posted by 49erMike:
Originally posted by LAFortyNinerfan:
Originally posted by jimrat:
Originally posted by gold49digger:

guy looks like he's up there in years.
LOL that guy looks old as hell

S#*, he at least 30.

Looks kinda like Kwame Harris

Como es eso?????????????????????
I would cream my pants if the NIners got Richardson. BUT, it's a complete myth that the 49ers have such a talented roster that they couldn't possibly keep more than 6 draft picks. Late round picks will be hard pressed to make the squad, but that's the case for any half decent team.
Originally posted by dhp318:
I would cream my pants if the NIners got Richardson. BUT, it's a complete myth that the 49ers have such a talented roster that they couldn't possibly keep more than 6 draft picks. Late round picks will be hard pressed to make the squad, but that's the case for any half decent team.

I agree. I think its very easy to assume that 7 rookies could make this team and maybe even 8.

WR
TE
OT
DT
DE
FS
SS
CB
Originally posted by dhp318:

I agree. I think its very easy to assume that 7 rookies could make this team and maybe even 8.

WR
TE
OT
DT
DE
FS
SS
CB

I'd also add OLB, ILB and QB as possibilities as well.
can ziggy play 34 end? We already have a more polished ziggyand his name is Aldon. Unless we want him to eventually replace Ahmad.

Again, this could be all smoke and mirrors.

&
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo49:
Man, I hope that doesn't happen. No one knows how old this guy is. For all we know he could be 35 or something.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2013/story/_/id/9183917/ezekiel-ziggy-ansah-passport-viewed-teams
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
can ziggy play 34 end? We already have a more polished ziggyand his name is Aldon. Unless we want him to eventually replace Ahmad.

Again, this could be all smoke and mirrors.

&
It has to be because know one ever know's who Trent plans to draft. No one thought he go Oline twice, No one thought he take aldon. No one thought he take A.J. so why all of a sudden have they figure out who he's planning on taking.
Bottom line is that the Niners can do what ever they want in this draft; move up, move down or trade for next years picks. Baalke has more options than almost any other team.
Originally posted by LAFortyNinerfan:
Originally posted by jimrat:

guy looks like he's up there in years.
LOL that guy looks old as hell

S#*, he at least 30.
If he plays like he looks then no
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home