There are 216 users in the forums

Rumor about 49ers trying to trade to top 15.

Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
Originally posted by GorefullBore:
Originally posted by VA49erFaithful:
If we move up it better be for Sheldon Richardson if not stay where we at and take Tank.IMO

What about moving up for Vaccaro?

word... we are going to miss goldson.

The more I read about Vaccaro, the more it seems his primary strength is in playing man coverage, and he is less talented than some other in this year's class at playing deep zone. We are flush with man CBs this year, so we should target more of a ball-hawking zone safety to replace Goldson. Phillip Thomas is my guy.
Originally posted by LAFortyNinerfan:
Originally posted by jimrat:
Originally posted by gold49digger:

guy looks like he's up there in years.
LOL that guy looks old as hell

S#*, he at least 30.

Looks kinda like Kwame Harris
Originally posted by btthepunk:
I don't get the hype with the guy. People consider Hunt raw, this guy is more raw than any player in the draft.

This guy is as raw as sushi. I wouldn't move up for him no matter what.
I think it's now likely that we trade up, even if it's just a few spots to be absolutely sure they get the S or DLineman they want. Looks like a run on the Safeties might start in the early twenties. I don't think they're gonna be content to just take whoever falls, although they could and they'd get good players. I think they will use some of that ammo and target teams that are 1) looking to trade down and 2) have few picks and many holes in their roster.

If they really like someone that is faling a bit like Ansah or Star (which are 2 of my favs in the whole draft)...

Drafting in the Teens, SD (11), CLE (12), CAR (14), NO (15), PIT (17), DAL (18) - all have around 6 picks in the draft

If they just want to jump a few spots and secure their guy for relatively cheap...

Drafting in the Twenties, CHI (20), IND (24), DEN (28) , NE (29) - all have around 6 picks in the draft (NE has 5, I believe)

If I had to guess, I'd say we trade up to Indy's spot. Wouldn't cost too much and we'd likely get the Safety we want... or Rhodes if we're super lucky!
Originally posted by 49erMike:
Originally posted by LAFortyNinerfan:
Originally posted by jimrat:

LOL that guy looks old as hell

S#*, he at least 30.

Looks kinda like Kwame Harris

Originally posted by 84SheepDog:
I think it's now likely that we trade up, even if it's just a few spots to be absolutely sure they get the S or DLineman they want. Looks like a run on the Safeties might start in the early twenties. I don't think they're gonna be content to just take whoever falls, although they could and they'd get good players. I think they will use some of that ammo and target teams that are 1) looking to trade down and 2) have few picks and many holes in their roster.

If they really like someone that is faling a bit like Ansah or Star (which are 2 of my favs in the whole draft)...

Drafting in the Teens, SD (11), CLE (12), CAR (14), NO (15), PIT (17), DAL (18) - all have around 6 picks in the draft

If they just want to jump a few spots and secure their guy for relatively cheap...

Drafting in the Twenties, CHI (20), IND (24), DEN (28) , NE (29) - all have around 6 picks in the draft (NE has 5, I believe)

If I had to guess, I'd say we trade up to Indy's spot. Wouldn't cost too much and we'd likely get the Safety we want... or Rhodes if we're super lucky!

The safety we want will be available in round 2. Phillip Thomas.
Originally posted by LieutKaffee:

You seem pretty sure about that, but I don't know. The higher upside guys are going to go in the 20s potentially. I know we're looking for FS, but still.

You seem pretty sure about that, but I don't know. The higher upside guys are going to go in the 20s potentially. I know we're looking for FS, but still.

How many S do you project in the first round? Just Vaccaro and Cyprien, right?

Do you think we'll use all of our picks? Where do you see them trading this year?
How many S do you project in the first round? Just Vaccaro and Cyprien, right?

Maybe Elam and Reid, too. The value in this draft is clearly Safety and DL so if there's a run, I think we could see some movement ahead of us.

I don't want to trade up for Vaccaro, though. That would be too far for a Safety when there are other good ones. Like you said, we could even sit back and grab a quality one. Whether or not he is Baalke's first choice, I don't know. But I think he's in a position to get the guy he wants.

Do you think we'll use all of our picks? Where do you see them trading this year?

I can envision about 1000 different scenarios when it comes to trading. I think well will make trades of all categories: up, down, and out (2014). Trading up HIGH in round 1 would surprise me. In total I think we'll bring in 8-10 players.
I don't want to trade up for Vaccaro, though. That would be too far for a Safety when there are other good ones. Like you said, we could even sit back and grab a quality one. Whether or not he is Baalke's first choice, I don't know. But I think he's in a position to get the guy he wants.

I keep harping on Phillip Thomas because he's my flavor of the day, but Josh Evans and Baccari Rambo are also guys I see in the 2nd or 3rd round who can come in right away and replace Goldson.
  • MarkD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo49:
Man, I hope that doesn't happen. No one knows how old this guy is. For all we know he could be 35 or something.

James Brown?
I keep harping on Phillip Thomas because he's my flavor of the day, but Josh Evans and Baccari Rambo are also guys I see in the 2nd or 3rd round who can come in right away and replace Goldson.

I want Baccari Rambo just because of his badass name

he's also a good player too lol

but Cyprien is my safety crush in this draft
Share 49ersWebzone