There are 63 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Rumor about 49ers trying to trade to top 15.

There are a lot of very good trade up potential picks for us.

Sheldon, Star - we'd give up a lot of picks

Jesse Williams, Datone we'd give up less picks.
Maybe Milliner? This from ESPN rumors.

On Monday, we passed along a report that indicated that the San Francisco 49ers were looking to move up to the No. 13 or No. 14 picks in Thursday's draft, with the idea that they'd use that pick on a defensive linemen to eventually take over for Justin Smith. But there's new buzz that their big move up the draft order -- which, again, is just a rumor at this point -- would be for another player entirely: Alabama CB Dee Milliner.

According to what a source has told ESPN Insider's Brent Sobleski, San Francisco "wants and is salivating over" the thought of drafting Milliner to add to their secondary. With the No. 31 and No. 34 picks in the draft, San Francisco may be able to get in range to acquire him if he begins to slip past the first few picks.

And that is the big question as it relates to Milliner. Pegged earlier this pre-draft season as a likely Top 5 pick, some now believe he's going to fall based upon significant medical concerns. ESPN's Todd McShay had Milliner falling to No. 10 overall in his latest mock draft. On the other hand, some pan the latest reports as a "smear campaign" -- as sources categorized them to Mary Kay Cabot of the Cleveland Plain Dealer.

If Milliner does begin to slip, things are going to get quite interesting, as the Niners (and presumably other teams) consider making the move up to get him.
Originally posted by gunslinger8:
Maybe Milliner? This from ESPN rumors.

On Monday, we passed along a report that indicated that the San Francisco 49ers were looking to move up to the No. 13 or No. 14 picks in Thursday's draft, with the idea that they'd use that pick on a defensive linemen to eventually take over for Justin Smith. But there's new buzz that their big move up the draft order -- which, again, is just a rumor at this point -- would be for another player entirely: Alabama CB Dee Milliner.

According to what a source has told ESPN Insider's Brent Sobleski, San Francisco "wants and is salivating over" the thought of drafting Milliner to add to their secondary. With the No. 31 and No. 34 picks in the draft, San Francisco may be able to get in range to acquire him if he begins to slip past the first few picks.

And that is the big question as it relates to Milliner. Pegged earlier this pre-draft season as a likely Top 5 pick, some now believe he's going to fall based upon significant medical concerns. ESPN's Todd McShay had Milliner falling to No. 10 overall in his latest mock draft. On the other hand, some pan the latest reports as a "smear campaign" -- as sources categorized them to Mary Kay Cabot of the Cleveland Plain Dealer.

If Milliner does begin to slip, things are going to get quite interesting, as the Niners (and presumably other teams) consider making the move up to get him.

Interesting. I wouldn't be mad getting Xavier Rhodes either. The greatest value though would be getting DJ hayden where were at currently.
Originally posted by gunslinger8:
Maybe Milliner? This from ESPN rumors.

On Monday, we passed along a report that indicated that the San Francisco 49ers were looking to move up to the No. 13 or No. 14 picks in Thursday's draft, with the idea that they'd use that pick on a defensive linemen to eventually take over for Justin Smith. But there's new buzz that their big move up the draft order -- which, again, is just a rumor at this point -- would be for another player entirely: Alabama CB Dee Milliner.

According to what a source has told ESPN Insider's Brent Sobleski, San Francisco "wants and is salivating over" the thought of drafting Milliner to add to their secondary. With the No. 31 and No. 34 picks in the draft, San Francisco may be able to get in range to acquire him if he begins to slip past the first few picks.

And that is the big question as it relates to Milliner. Pegged earlier this pre-draft season as a likely Top 5 pick, some now believe he's going to fall based upon significant medical concerns. ESPN's Todd McShay had Milliner falling to No. 10 overall in his latest mock draft. On the other hand, some pan the latest reports as a "smear campaign" -- as sources categorized them to Mary Kay Cabot of the Cleveland Plain Dealer.

If Milliner does begin to slip, things are going to get quite interesting, as the Niners (and presumably other teams) consider making the move up to get him.

Hmm... What are our corner's contract situations like?

Nmandi only has 1 year, and don't Brown's and Rogers' expire soon as well?
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 14,032
Originally posted by gunslinger8:
Maybe Milliner? This from ESPN rumors.

On Monday, we passed along a report that indicated that the San Francisco 49ers were looking to move up to the No. 13 or No. 14 picks in Thursday's draft, with the idea that they'd use that pick on a defensive linemen to eventually take over for Justin Smith. But there's new buzz that their big move up the draft order -- which, again, is just a rumor at this point -- would be for another player entirely: Alabama CB Dee Milliner.

According to what a source has told ESPN Insider's Brent Sobleski, San Francisco "wants and is salivating over" the thought of drafting Milliner to add to their secondary. With the No. 31 and No. 34 picks in the draft, San Francisco may be able to get in range to acquire him if he begins to slip past the first few picks.

And that is the big question as it relates to Milliner. Pegged earlier this pre-draft season as a likely Top 5 pick, some now believe he's going to fall based upon significant medical concerns. ESPN's Todd McShay had Milliner falling to No. 10 overall in his latest mock draft. On the other hand, some pan the latest reports as a "smear campaign" -- as sources categorized them to Mary Kay Cabot of the Cleveland Plain Dealer.

If Milliner does begin to slip, things are going to get quite interesting, as the Niners (and presumably other teams) consider making the move up to get him.

Guess it really depends on how injury prone this guy is. Has the talent but can he stay healthy?
My thinking is we like a few players that might slip to that range. And were looking to trade up to grab one of the guys we really like if they do fall. Could be Austin, Milliner, Dline.
[ Edited by TheGoldDiggerrrr on Apr 23, 2013 at 6:41 PM ]
Forget Milliner. Stay at 31 and get Xavier if they want a CB or the Trufant guy or get a safety.
If Baalke moves up I hope it's for Star Lotulelei or Sheldon Richardson. I like both but if Baalke could move from 31 to 13-15 and get Riichardson it would be ideal. I'm thinking #31 and our late second rounder gets it done.
  • buhda
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 73
Originally posted by SanFranFanfrmVa:
If Baalke moves up I hope it's for Star Lotulelei or Sheldon Richardson. I like both but if Baalke could move from 31 to 13-15 and get Riichardson it would be ideal. I'm thinking #31 and our late second rounder gets it done.

More like all the Niners original picks 31,61,93,128...etc.. and a 2014 4th rd. pick to trade up maybe with the Jets 13th pick....
Niners remaining pick. 34, which they can trade down to get 2 picks a late 2nd and 3rd. ,74,131,a 6th,and two 7th rd. picks
Don't do it.
Originally posted by buhda:
Originally posted by SanFranFanfrmVa:
If Baalke moves up I hope it's for Star Lotulelei or Sheldon Richardson. I like both but if Baalke could move from 31 to 13-15 and get Riichardson it would be ideal. I'm thinking #31 and our late second rounder gets it done.

More like all the Niners original picks 31,61,93,128...etc.. and a 2014 4th rd. pick to trade up maybe with the Jets 13th pick....
Niners remaining pick. 34, which they can trade down to get 2 picks a late 2nd and 3rd. ,74,131,a 6th,and two 7th rd. picks

Kidding, right? Mike Ditka doing our drafting this year?
i hope they stay put. trade to get picks not lose them. we need all the picks we can get with all these guys needing high contract extensions soon.
Originally posted by LieutKaffee:
Seems like Ziggy and Carradine have similar builds. Here's one relevant tweet:

Josh Norris ‏@JoshNorris3m
Absolutely, but would like to see him kept at one spot to develop RT @EricWestlund: Do you believe Ansah could play 5-tech?
I'm a BYU fan who lives in Utah.. and I'll tell you Ziggy can play anywhere, within a 43, and /or a 34 man bow- except NT. He's a limitless type of specimen.
Originally posted by jimrat:
Originally posted by gold49digger:


guy looks like he's up there in years.
LOL that guy looks old as hell

Also looks like a crack head bum that frequents the 711 down the street. Lol.
Originally posted by BayArea:
Originally posted by jimrat:
Originally posted by gold49digger:


guy looks like he's up there in years.
LOL that guy looks old as hell

Also looks like a crack head bum that frequents the 711 down the street. Lol.

Is that Kwame's mugshot???