There are 62 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Rumor about 49ers trying to trade to top 15.

Originally posted by Wu-5Rings:
http://touch.ninernoise.com/ninernoise/#!/entry/2013-nfl-draft-why-star-lotuleilei-should-be-targeted-by,5175c29eda27f5d9d0a91785

Has lotuleilei been connected to the niners in anyway?
Originally posted by simplyfloyd:
It wont be a defender unless it's Kenny Vacarro...

I think it'll be offense, like Tavon Austin, or Eifert, or maybe even Patterson if they like him...

No way we go with Dl when there are so many in the draft we can capitalize on...

Carradine, I dont like...he scares me...not like "boo" but like...oh no it's kentwan part 2.

I doubt we go with a Nose when we dont use that position very much...we'll see...3 days holla

We better not trade up for patterson.... da'rick rogers please. Dudes a baller if he can stop doing drugs but i wouldn't trade up for him either! So if it's offense it has to be Austin. Doubt we trade up for a tightend, there are plenty of good tightends in this draft actually really great tightend draft. I have no idea who trent is in love with i can never figure it out. Maybe he's looking at landing the kid from bama at cb if he slips, maybe dline, maybe wr, maybe Saftey. will see im pumped

I do think it's austin though, We love those guys who can play more than one spot and just make plays happen out of thin air. And we looked into harvin so i think trent just wants a baller at wr. I do think we need a playmaker wr with speed to go with colins big arm.
[ Edited by TheGoldDiggerrrr on Apr 22, 2013 at 7:48 PM ]
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Stephania Bell ‏@Stephania_ESPN

#49ers fans. You'll want to read this, before the draft. (Insider) Sprow: 49ers should deal in draft
http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft2013/story/_/id/9196385/2013-nfl-draft-why-san-francisco-49ers-deal-2013-picks-stock-future
Niners move up for Sheldon Richardson, smart.
Originally posted by Jcool:
Stephania Bell ‏@Stephania_ESPN

#49ers fans. You'll want to read this, before the draft. (Insider) Sprow: 49ers should deal in draft
http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft2013/story/_/id/9196385/2013-nfl-draft-why-san-francisco-49ers-deal-2013-picks-stock-future

That was a good article. Solid reasoning.
Can someone summarize that article?
Is posting INsider articles against forum policy? The article is presented in numbered headings, making it somewhat easy to summarize. Here they are with my parentheticals.

1. They need less help now ... (about how we are set at most positions)

2. … but they'll need it in 2014 and 2015 (about how having CK on a rookie contract is a luxury, and about Crabtree, Aldon, Iupati, etc.)

3. Trading picks now means better picks in the future (about how a 4th now equals a 3rd in a year or a 2nd in two years using conventional wisdom for trading picks)

4. They can't keep these picks anyway (about how 13 rooks can't make the roster)

5. Future picks mean more than future rookies (about how extra picks can land you players like Revis or Harvin if the time is right)
Originally posted by LieutKaffee:
Is posting INsider articles against forum policy? The article is presented in numbered headings, making it somewhat easy to summarize. Here they are with my parentheticals.

1. They need less help now ... (about how we are set at most positions)

2. … but they'll need it in 2014 and 2015 (about how having CK on a rookie contract is a luxury, and about Crabtree, Aldon, Iupati, etc.)

3. Trading picks now means better picks in the future (about how a 4th now equals a 3rd in a year or a 2nd in two years using conventional wisdom for trading picks)

4. They can't keep these picks anyway (about how 13 rooks can't make the roster)

5. Future picks mean more than future rookies (about how extra picks can land you players like Revis or Harvin if the time is right)

Thanks
I say we trade up for Leon Sandcastle ...4.2 40??? Lol
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Has lotuleilei been connected to the niners in anyway?

Great point in that article about needing a good NT to free our backers to roam. We still haven't even unleashed the full fury of our D because we haven't had a great NT since we drafted Willis, Bowman. A great NT frees them up to destroy offenses.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
"They'll shake up the draft like we've never seen before."

http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/matt-maiocco/quotable-49ers-shake-it-during-draft

Gotta love Kawakami ranting on his blog about how he can't get any information out of Baalke and Harbaugh, but no one should ever give that tool anything to go on.
Trading up and trading back. Using value picks in the 2013 2nd n 3rd to move up into teens while keeping 31and 61. Use 31 for 2014 1st n 2013 2nd. Use 61 for 2014 2nd n 2013 3rd. The value n depth of this draft is between 25 - 62, IMO.

Originally posted by Broseph6:
Guarantee we won't move up to the top 15 to get a dl especially with the way r dl plays they just fill gaps we can get those guys in the later rds if they were gna move up it would be for a skill player top 15 would be for Austin... Rams pick 16

In fact, I will go as far as to say aside from going after Tavon Austin if we did move up to 15th, given Austin is not really a deep threat wideout, the 9ers may pick up another tall prototypical deep ball WR in the 7th such as a Tyrone Goard. That way they can cover their short game, KR, PR plus vertical game. You might want to note, we have had private workouts with both players.
I think if we do trade up into the top 15 it'll either be for a offensive game changer (Patterson, Austin), a top corner (Xavier Rhodes, DJ hayden), a top pass rusher (Tank Carradine) or the top FS Kenny Vaccaro.

I don't think we'd be targeting a guy like Richardson or Star. Think we believe Glenn Dorsey can play the role that those guys would. Think Baalke is looking for a defensive linemen with great pass rushing ability.

Just a hunch I have. I'm probably completely wrong though and we end up trading up to draft Richardson. Missouri defensive linemen have worked out pretty well for us.
Can't Wait!!!