LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 234 users in the forums

If its between these 3:

If its between these 3:

Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by LieutKaffee:
Surprised by the poll results! It was a tough call for me between Trufant and Jones. I've seen Trufant often mocked in the teens or 20s, and I think CB is a big need for us, so it would be hard to pass on him if he falls.

I went with Jones, though. There are more CB alternatives I like in the 2nd round. Plus if these are our choices at 31, there is a pretty good chance we could still get Trufant at 34. Or Hayden.

Haden is going to either be the fist corner taken or the second. He will not be available at 34.

He does seem to be rising. Still not clear how many people agree he's leapfrogged all of Milliner, Rhodes, and Trufant.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo49:
Surprised by the poll results! It was a tough call for me between Trufant and Jones. I've seen Trufant often mocked in the teens or 20s, and I think CB is a big need for us, so it would be hard to pass on him if he falls.

I went with Jones, though. There are more CB alternatives I like in the 2nd round. Plus if these are our choices at 31, there is a pretty good chance we could still get Trufant at 34. Or Hayden.

Haden is going to either be the fist corner taken or the second. He will not be available at 34.

He does seem to be rising. Still not clear how many people agree he's leapfrogged all of Milliner, Rhodes, and Trufant.

Yeah, Mayock has him as his #1 corner over Milliner. The guy has skyrocketed.
  • buhda
  • Veteran
Datrone Jones ,but still hold out for a slim chance we trade up for Sheldon Richardson.....
I like Trufant the most but I went with Datone Jones because there's a lot better chance he'd get significant playing time as a rookie ad he'd most likely be the first DL off the bench. Trufant would have at least 4 or possibly 5 guys playing in front of him at the position.
According to your scenario... Jones !! My 1st question would be is he better long term than Hunt??
Carradine???
[ Edited by NYCNINER on Apr 21, 2013 at 2:03 PM ]
I've seen some clips of Datone Jones and wasn't that impressed. So if anyone has seen more of him, is he really that good? Or are we going to take him because he's the best 3-4 prospect at the position when we can draft him?
Originally posted by FunkNinerFlex:
I've seen some clips of Datone Jones and wasn't that impressed. So if anyone has seen more of him, is he really that good? Or are we going to take him because he's the best 3-4 prospect at the position when we can draft him?

https

It's Datone Jones...and it's not even close. He's a guy who can learn so much from Justin Smith...and really give Fangio a lot of options on the DL. I actually hope they draft two DL's, unless they can sign Idonije. I'm obviously not enamored with Elam...nice college player, but I'm not convinced he's the FS we need. I actually think Phillip Thomas is the ballhawk Harbaugh wants/needs. And he should be available in late 2nd rd.
With all due respect, not sure what would get rid of my pre draft erection faster...having to choose between these three or looking at a naked picture of Hilary Clinton....

Yuck! Don't really want any of them. Trufant is a 3rd round talent who doesn't play up to his speed and is weak in run support, will have a difficult time with physical receivers so he's my least favorite of the three. Elam is a SS and we need a FS so no. Jones would be ok and I could live with this pick but I'd also prefer Tank Carradine.
[ Edited by pete98146 on Apr 21, 2013 at 7:16 PM ]

Share 49ersWebzone