LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 272 users in the forums

ABs 1 Round Mock, with Revis Projected Trade

Originally posted by LieutKaffee:
Yeah it seems to me they are similar in many ways including stature and motor and physical attributes. But Tank is currently a better pass rusher and weaker run defender, while Jones is the opposite. I would envision both becoming more well-rounded with us. The intriguing thing about Tank is his ability to contribute as a situational rusher while becoming more well-rounded. Jones would be more of a pure DE backup in year 1.

Ehhh... I think Datone could definitely contribute on any DL spot when we are in Nickel. (if... say for instance, Brooks or RayMac needed a breather)

Guess I can agree that Tank would be a marginally better rush DE on that 4 man DL in the Nickel. It's close.
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Originally posted by LieutKaffee:
Yeah it seems to me they are similar in many ways including stature and motor and physical attributes. But Tank is currently a better pass rusher and weaker run defender, while Jones is the opposite. I would envision both becoming more well-rounded with us. The intriguing thing about Tank is his ability to contribute as a situational rusher while becoming more well-rounded. Jones would be more of a pure DE backup in year 1.

Ehhh... I think Datone could definitely contribute on any DL spot when we are in Nickel. (if... say for instance, Brooks or RayMac needed a breather)

Guess I can agree that Tank would be a marginally better rush DE on that 4 man DL in the Nickel. It's close.

Certainly my two favorite possibilities at this point.
Quite a few of these so-called hot S are much better suited to play SS in the NFL...and you don't draft a SS in the 1st rd. That's why I'm pulling for Baalke to draft Phillip Thomas, a true FS and excellent ballhawk in late 2nd rd.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
Quite a few of these so-called hot S are much better suited to play SS in the NFL...and you don't draft a SS in the 1st rd. That's why I'm pulling for Baalke to draft Phillip Thomas, a true FS and excellent ballhawk in late 2nd rd.

Yep. That's the guy.
I still think 2 DLs at #31 and 34, sly and jesse Williams or hunt, or whichever DL above didn't get taken. Whether baalke moves way up(not his M.O.) for vaccaro remains to be seen, but i think he goes DL, DL:(which fixes the D Line for the next 5-6 yrs, just like we fixed the OL for the next 4-5 yrs), then either passes on a FS or brings in woodson and waits til next yr for a top rated starting FS, or goes way up for vaccaro(too expensive) or takes ertz and we just outscore everybody else. Reason tells me baalke isn't moving up 15 slots, so DL, DL(both starters), maybe a move up for one of the 8 Safeties all pretty equal, or, baalke surprises adn takes ERtz.4th pick is OT and fifth either TE if we don't get ertz or BPA which may be anothre DL . Doubt it but it could happen.
Originally posted by GorefullBore:
If Vaccaro is still there after the Bears pick I think we should try and swing a trade with Cincy to get him.

For sure, Austin and Vaccaro to the RAMS! Can't let that happen going to be a nightmare
I'm 3 for 3 soo far. Predicted the trade. And the picks. Hopefully my Niners picks are right too

EDIT:make that 4 for 4
[ Edited by martysofresh on Apr 25, 2013 at 5:43 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone