LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 222 users in the forums

ABs 1 Round Mock, with Revis Projected Trade

http://pigskinprospects.com/2013/04/21/1-round-mock-with-projected-revis-trade/

Below is a 1 Round Mock, with the assumed trade of Darrelle Revis heading from the Jets to the Buccaneers for the 13th pick, and extra picks.

1 Kansas City Chiefs – OT Luke Joeckel, Texas A&M

Analysis: The Chiefs have a new QB in Alex Smith, and they need to find the tackle that will be able to protect their new QB, so they go with the top OT prospect in Joeckel.

2 Jacksonville Jaguars – OLB Dion Jordan, Oregon

Analysis: The Jags could go many ways, they coud decide on Florda's Sharrif Floyd, or opt to trade down and get Geno Smith, but I think they will take the pass rusher out of Oregon in Dion Jordan to give them an instant spark on defense.

3 Oakland Raiders – DT Sharrif Floyd, Florida

Analysis: The Raiders are ecstatic that their number 1 choice is available, and make it official, they take the Florida DT, who is my top rated defensive player in the draft. He will bring a pass rush and run stuff ability.

4 Philadelphia Eagles – OT Eric Fisher, Central Michigan

Analysis: The Eagles need a new LT badly. Jason Peters was injured in 2012, and Demetress Bell was a bust signing, so they take the 2d best OT in the draft to try and protect Mike Vick or whoever plays QB for them.

5 Detroit Lions – OT Lane Johnson, Oklahoma

Analysis: The Lions lost Jeff Backus this offseason, and need to replace him, and they do so with Lane Johnson, my 3rd best OT, who will fill in at LT nicely.

6 Cleveland Browns – CB Dee Milliner, Alabama

Analysis: The Browns need to not mess this up by trading back, they need to stand put, and take the best CB in Dee Milliner out of Alabama to team with Joe Haden.

7 Arizona Cardinals – OG Chance Warmack, Alabama

Analysis: The Cards lose out on all 3 OT prospects, so they turn to the OG position, and get my top guy to replace the bust of a signing in Adam Snyder.

8 Buffalo Bills – QB Geno Smith, West Virginia

Analysis: The Bills need their future QB, and they get it in Geno Smith, who will bring accuracy, and arm strength.

9 New York Jets – DE Ziggy Ansah, BYU

Analysis: The Jets find themselves fortunate, and land Ansah, my best 4-3 DE in this draft class. A great pass rusher, with ability to learn more as he goes.

10 Tennessee Titans – OG Jonathan Cooper, North Carolina

Analysis: The Titans hope they have their QB in Jake Locker, and need to protect him, and Chris Johnson needs a lead blocker, so they get my 2nd best OG, who will replace the retired Steve Hutchinson.

11 San Diego Chargers – NT Star Lotuelelei, Utah

Analysis: The Chargers need to replace Antonio Garay, and they do so with Lotuelelei, a big body who will stuff the run, and can kick outside and play end if need be.

12 Miami Dolphins – CB Xavier Rhodes, Florida State

Analysis: The Dolphins are ecstatic that Rhodes falls to them, and swoop him up, and get the 2nd best CB in the class.

13 New York Jets (f/Tampa Bay Buccaneers) – OLB Barkevious Mingo, LSU

Analysis: The Jets, after dealing Revis, get a pass rusher to along with Ziggy Ansah, this time a 3-4 OLB< and my 2nd best in Mingo.

14 Carolina Panthers – CB Jordan Poyer, Oregon State

Analysis: The Panthers replace Chris Gamble, who was cut earlier in the offseason, with Poyer, who is a ball hawk, with 7 INTs in 2012.

15 New Orleans Saints – DT Sheldon Richardson, Missouri

Analysis: The Saints get a good pass rusher, and a good DL in Richardson to replace Sedrick Ellis once his deal is up.

16 St. Louis Rams – WR Tavon Austin, West Virginia

Analysis: The Rams get the best WR prospect in the draft, as Austin will provide speed, and explosiveness to the offense.

17 Pittsburgh Steelers – OLB Jarvis Jones, Georgia

Analysis: The Steelers get the best 4-3 OLB in Jones, who fell due to poor workouts, and are thrilled to get a pure pass rusher, with good coverage abilities.

18 Dallas Cowboys – DT Jesse Williams, Alabama

Analysis: The Cowboys go out and get the next best DE/NT in Williams. He can help on the edge rush, and give Ratliff a breather.

19 New York Giants – TE Tyler Eifert, Notre Dame

Analysis: The Giants lost Martellius Bennett in free agency, so they get the top TE in the class in Eifert.

20 Chicago Bears – ILB Alec Ogletree, Georgia

Analysis: The Bears replace Urlacher with a good tackling ILB, who does have off the field issues, but should be on is best behavior.

21 Cincinnati Bengals – OT D.J. Fluker, Alabama

Analysis: The Bengals still need a RT as they haven't re-signed Andre Smith, so they get the best RT in Fluker from Alabama.

22 St. Louis Rams (f/Washington Redskins) – S Kenny Vaccaro, Texas

Analysis: The Rams are ecstatic that Vaccaro falls to them, and they swoop him up and have a great 1st round, with Austin and now a hard hitting safety.

23 Minnesota Vikings – WR Cordarrelle Patterson, Tennessee

Analysis: The Vikings replace Harvin with a Patterson. A big tall WR, with great hands, but still needs some work to be a complete player.

24 Indianapolis Colts – DT Kawann Short, Purdue

Analysis: The Colts go out and get a top DT in Short, who can swing to End, and rush the QB.

25 Minnesota Vikings – ILB Manti Te'o, Notre Dame

Analysis: The Vikings get the 2nd best ILB in the draft in Te'o, who is just a tackling machine.

26 Green Bay Packers – WR Keenan Allen, California

Analysis: The Packers replace Greg Jennings with Allen, a sure pass catcher, with great hands.

27 Houston Texans – WR DeAndre Hopkins, Clemson

Analysis: The Texans need to get a quality WR to compliment Andre Johnson, and Hopkins has raw talent, that can only make him better.

28 Denver Broncos – DT Datone Jones, UCLA

Analysis: The Broncos need to replace Brodrick Bunkley who left via free agency last offseason, and finally do so with Jones, who can swing over the DE and rush the passer.

29 New England Patriots – WR Justin Hunter, Tennessee

Analysis: The Pats need to add a 3rd WR after failing to get Emmanuel Sanders as a RFA.

30 Atlanta Falcons – Zach Ertz, Stanford

Analysis: The Falcons go and get the 2nd best TE to replace Tony Gonzalez in 2014.

31 San Francisco 49ers – S Jonathan Cyprien, Florida International

Analysis: The 49ers get their replacement for Dashon Goldson in Cyprien.

32 Baltimore Ravens – ILB Kevin Minter, LSU

Analysis: The Ravens get their replacement for Ray Lewis in Minter.

I'd be mildly underwhelmed with Cyprien... considering that you seem to have Bjoern Werner and Tank Carradine falling beyond our pick. I'm just not as sold on Cyprien being BPA or a grand fit playing next to Whitner.

Enjoyed the mock though... all looks fairly reasonable.
Nice mock
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
I'd be mildly underwhelmed with Cyprien... considering that you seem to have Bjoern Werner and Tank Carradine falling beyond our pick. I'm just not as sold on Cyprien being BPA or a grand fit playing next to Whitner.

lol, Werner I can't believe I forgot him. Tank not sure I consider another OLB in the 1st round, with the CBA, it would be tough to pay Brooks, Aldon top dollar then Carradine in 5 yrs the top 25 of OLB money.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:

lol, Werner I can't believe I forgot him. Tank not sure I consider another OLB in the 1st round, with the CBA, it would be tough to pay Brooks, Aldon top dollar then Carradine in 5 yrs the top 25 of OLB money.

was actually regarding Tank as an heir apparent to Justin.. same for Werner... Both are already bigger than Justin was coming out.

was actually regarding Tank as an heir apparent to Justin.. same for Werner... Both are already bigger than Justin was coming out.

what did Tank come in at? I always considered him a 4-3 end or 3-4 OLB.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran

276 last reported....
No way poyer goes that early
Originally posted by 49ers808:
No way poyer goes that early

Agree. DJ Hayden could be the corner though.
I want Carradine.

Originally posted by Wodwo:

276 last reported....

yea he is projected to be used as a 3-4 DE or a 4-3 DE. Im actually starting to favor Tank over Datone as Justin Smith's heir
Originally posted by JustinNiner:

276 last reported....

yea he is projected to be used as a 3-4 DE or a 4-3 DE. Im actually starting to favor Tank over Datone as Justin Smith's heir

I think they both can offer similar pass rush skill inside... but Datone seems more naturally strong and stout to handle the run game. It's close though... not knowing Tank's work ethic while knowing Datone's? Give me Datone.
[ Edited by Mr.Mcgibblets on Apr 21, 2013 at 4:57 PM ]
Originally posted by JustinNiner:

276 last reported....

I think they both can offer similar pass rush skill inside... but Datone seems more naturally strong and stout to handle the run game. It's close though... not knowing Tank's work ethic while knowing Datone's? Give me Datone.

Yeah it seems to me they are similar in many ways including stature and motor and physical attributes. But Tank is currently a better pass rusher and weaker run defender, while Jones is the opposite. I would envision both becoming more well-rounded with us. The intriguing thing about Tank is his ability to contribute as a situational rusher while becoming more well-rounded. Jones would be more of a pure DE backup in year 1.
we need a safety so bad, but we also need depth at LB and DL
If Vaccaro is still there after the Bears pick I think we should try and swing a trade with Cincy to get him.
[ Edited by GorefullBore on Apr 21, 2013 at 5:10 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone