There are 109 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Please Don't Let This Happen !!!

If for some reason, this goes down and the Seahawks pick up another huge offensive piece as this, I will jump off the building before the season begins !!

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1599373-realistic-trade-options-for-every-team-in-the-nfl-draft#/articles/1599373-realistic-trade-options-for-every-team-in-the-nfl-draft/page/23

The only way that we can stop it is by drafting the guy ourselves !!
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1599373-realistic-trade-options-for-every-team-in-the-nfl-draft/page/23

You should edit your link and put what I have above. Your's didn't take me right to Seattle which I assume you wanted. Really we should turn this into a who do you not want Seattle and Rams to get thread.

I would say my top ones are: Austin or Patton for both. Patterson as well... could bust but could boom.

And just wondering what you like about Hunter so much? Not trying to say he would be a bad pick, I'm not expert on him but the little I seen he looked like Manningham. Good player but not worthy of the 1st round.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Apr 21, 2013 at 11:01 AM ]
Originally posted by Gore_21:
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1599373-realistic-trade-options-for-every-team-in-the-nfl-draft/page/23

You should edit your link and put what I have above. Your's didn't take me right to Seattle which I assume you wanted. Really we should turn this into a who do you not want Seattle and Rams to get thread.

I would say my top ones are: Austin or Patton for both. Patterson as well... could bust but could boom.

And just wondering what you like about Hunter so much? Not trying to say he would be a bad pick, I'm not expert on him but the little I seen he looked like Manningham. Good player but not worthy of the 1st round.


Oh, that's strange. But, thanks all the same !!

Yea, we should start such a thread.

Seriously, any one of Austin, Patterson, even Patton will be bad news !!

As for Hunter, how does he look like Manningham ? Mario is much smaller. Well, I like him because first and foremost I strongly believe the 9ers need a legit deep threat wideout. A guy who can go up to take the top off on 50 yard bombs on a regular basis. That is what I envisage in essence. I am not after any slot guys or catch and run guys. The guy in my head is someone who can make those vertical plays and end zone plays.

I don't know whether he is "worthy" to be a 1st rounder, but it sure looks like he might just go in the 1st or at worst early 2nd. Well, Austin and Patterson are supposed to be 1st rounders, do you think they are worthy ? All I know is I don't want a 5'8" guy, he might be great for the slot, but no he won't be able to go up to compete for the ball. As for Patterson, I would say is more about his kick and punt return game that impress most. So, I would say, if I really want a guy and if the only way to do is to pick him in the 1st, then he is worth it to me.
Originally posted by Rascal:
Oh, that's strange. But, thanks all the same !!

Yea, we should start such a thread.

Seriously, any one of Austin, Patterson, even Patton will be bad news !!

As for Hunter, how does he look like Manningham ? Mario is much smaller. Well, I like him because first and foremost I strongly believe the 9ers need a legit deep threat wideout. A guy who can go up to take the top off on 50 yard bombs on a regular basis. That is what I envisage in essence. I am not after any slot guys or catch and run guys. The guy in my head is someone who can make those vertical plays and end zone plays.

I don't know whether he is "worthy" to be a 1st rounder, but it sure looks like he might just go in the 1st or at worst early 2nd. Well, Austin and Patterson are supposed to be 1st rounders, do you think they are worthy ? All I know is I don't want a 5'8" guy, he might be great for the slot, but no he won't be able to go up to compete for the ball. As for Patterson, I would say is more about his kick and punt return game that impress most. So, I would say, if I really want a guy and if the only way to do is to pick him in the 1st, then he is worth it to me.

6 foot 4 196 is very similar to 6 foot 185 in body structure. Might even be worse. Just watching them they look similar in body movement, physic, catching, etc. Definitely can understand wanting a guy who can stretch the field. I think Jenkins or Lockette could be that guy but right now it's up in the air with them. Patterson is really boom bust and I am usually not a fan of those guys. Austin I like but seems like his hype has gone a little far. Not saying he isn't worthy of a lot but the guy could go 10-12 or so when a few months ago he was late 1st through mid 2nd. I guess part of that is the media though. Back to Patterson though I like getting guys who produce. Sure you hit on one of those boom or busts every 3 or 4 times and have a super star but I can get 2 or 3 solid players. Give me 2 or 3 solid players /4 over 1 super star in 4 tries. Just my thoughts. Anyways, not saying I don't would hate Hunter at 31 or 34 just saying he would be far down my list.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Apr 21, 2013 at 11:34 AM ]
Can't picture any team trading a first rounder to Seattle for a bunch of day 3 picks. Maybe a second rounder.....
Originally posted by Gore_21:
6 foot 4 196 is very similar to 6 foot 185 in body structure. Might even be worse. Just watching them they look similar in body movement, physic, catching, etc. Definitely can understand wanting a guy who can stretch the field. I think Jenkins or Lockette could be that guy but right now it's up in the air with them. Patterson is really boom bust and I am usually not a fan of those guys. Austin I like but seems like his hype has gone a little far. Not saying he isn't worthy of a lot but the guy could go 10-12 or so when a few months ago he was late 1st through mid 2nd. I guess part of that is the media though. Back to Patterson though I like getting guys who produce. Sure you hit on one of those boom or busts every 3 or 4 times and have a super star but I can get 2 or 3 solid players. Give me 2 or 3 solid players /4 over 1 super star in 4 tries. Just my thoughts. Anyways, not saying I don't would hate Hunter at 31 or 34 just saying he would be far down my list.


6' and 6'4" is a huge difference !! That is like the difference between LeBron and Shaq in terms of height. Mario is not a true deep threat wideout anyway. As for AJ and Ricardo, personally I really think AJ is a bust. I have no idea why we picked him. I am quite sure Jim Harbaugh expected him to be ready to go once Mario and Kyle went down just like how LaMike was able to replace Kendall. As for Ricardo, I still have hopes for him, I like his size and speed, plus at least he had scored a single-handed 44-yard TD for the Seahawks before, so may be there is something there. I don't know about the ratio between booms vs busts, AJJ wasn't exactly some superstar at the draft nor is he a solid player now. I think is time for us to stop being cute for once in going after someone that noone knows. Seriously, for the 30th pick last year, may be I would have picked an RB in David Wilson instead.
Originally posted by socal9er42:
Can't picture any team trading a first rounder to Seattle for a bunch of day 3 picks. Maybe a second rounder.....

May be a rebuilding team like the Raiders ?
I'm a little confused. It appears that the OP is worried about Seattle moving up into the fat protion of the 1st round of the draft and getting another great offensive weapon. And he seems to be relying on a Bleacher Report article that gives you "realistic" draft trade scenarios.

I hope I can alleviate some of the panic. Without going into the details (little if any of which are current or correct in the Bleecher Report article), Seattle could, under the old draft value calculator, trade all of its 8 trade-able 2013 picks for a value between pick 29 and 30 in the 1st round. And the player would have an excellent negotiating position vis-a-vis the Seahawks for the salary (he's their entire draft). For a player that good, the niners could move up the 2 spots with a lot less to give away. In any case, it would seem a bit bizarre if a player worth your entire draft would not already have been picked by that point in the round. Even if that calculator should be revised, I don't think there would be a major difference in the player value they could reach.

I haven't looked at the Rams situation. Hope this helps.
Originally posted by ColdFan:
I'm a little confused. It appears that the OP is worried about Seattle moving up into the fat protion of the 1st round of the draft and getting another great offensive weapon. And he seems to be relying on a Bleacher Report article that gives you "realistic" draft trade scenarios.

I hope I can alleviate some of the panic. Without going into the details (little if any of which are current or correct in the Bleecher Report article), Seattle could, under the old draft value calculator, trade all of its 8 trade-able 2013 picks for a value between pick 29 and 30 in the 1st round. And the player would have an excellent negotiating position vis-a-vis the Seahawks for the salary (he's their entire draft). For a player that good, the niners could move up the 2 spots with a lot less to give away. In any case, it would seem a bit bizarre if a player worth your entire draft would not already have been picked by that point in the round. Even if that calculator should be revised, I don't think there would be a major difference in the player value they could reach.

I haven't looked at the Rams situation. Hope this helps.


Thanks for the input, I wasn't aware of the value calculator I must admit. I feel somewhat more relieved now.

But, as for the Rams, they definitely can draft an Tavon Austin or Cordarrelle Patterson with their picks without trading up though.
Don't be scurred of the Seachickens. Sure they had a Great year and they have a lot of talent, but now their is film on Russell Wilson and the way to beat their CBs are quick routes.
We shouldn't worry about who Seattle and the Rams get...we should worry about who Baalke does get. And, I'm not worried...Trent knows what he's doing, despite some doubters out there. We should come out of this draft absolutely freakin' loaded.
Seahawks already added Harvin. That's their big acquisition. They don't have much draft ammo left. I doubt they have a rookie make an impact.
Originally posted by LieutKaffee:
Seahawks already added Harvin. That's their big acquisition. They don't have much draft ammo left. I doubt they have a rookie make an impact.

Plus, they have 6 or 7 million a year invested in Harvin. Pretty soon, Wilson is going to get an extension...so will marshawn lynch...so will Russell Okung...they can't afford to keep everyone when they have 4 5 mill/ year defensive players, with Sherman, Thomas, Chancellor, and the other corner....yikes...they wont be able to keep their team afloat for long...
Seattle is in love with Patton, I would HATE to see him end up there. He's my favorite WR in this draft by far.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Seattle is in love with Patton, I would HATE to see him end up there. He's my favorite WR in this draft by far.

Why do you like him so much?