There are 90 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2013 Cap Space Busted ?!

The cap is major importat BUT I don't care.

The guys in the FO will sort it out as usual.

Right now and for the nest 2 weeks - I'm focused on the players and evaluating the reality meaning the people we pick.
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Originally posted by Rascal:
Originally posted by NCommand:
And one surprise cut such as Whitner or Goodwin.


You know what ? I have been thinking may be we can trade Whitner and Rogers, that's a heck a lot of money tied up there, to be exact, $4.93 mil + $7.33 mil = $12.26 mil and get a couple of picks back in the process if possible or use them to help trading up. Not sure whether anyone would want Rogers though at his age. As for Whitner, I don't think it would be a surprise cut at all. In fact, I was hoping to cut him and Rogers in order to keep Dashon.

Most of Rogers' cap hit is tied up in guarantees, since he re-did his deal past year to help is extend Bowman. Trading him wouldn't get us anywhere near $7million in cap relief. Whitner sucks against height, but we have complicated coverage schemes, and that makes it tough to replace both safeties in the same year.


Yea, I just took the cap hit figure. Actually even so, I wouldn't say most of Rogers' cap hit are guaranteed money, his base salary alone is $5.5 mil, still quite decent. But, in terms of Whitner, what if we get Woodson (who has now agreed to cut his demands just to play for us) to play safety instead who can pick up the playbook fast with his huge experience then he can help to groom a rookie from the draft ? So, we pick both a safety and a corner from the draft.
  • buck
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 9,546
Originally posted by Rascal:
Yea, I am just curious how they are going to make it work that's all. If we only have $900 K left and we are yet to sign the new rookies from the draft plus Charles Woodson who has now decided to cut his demands in order to play for us.

One of my goals in life is to make you happy. Here is the solution to our "busted cap".

We have 13 picks in the draft. Three of them a compensatory picks we can not trade.
We trade al of our tradable picks to NE for pick #29, and with that pick we take either Justin Hunter or Cordarrelle Patterson.


[ Edited by buck on Apr 21, 2013 at 11:39 AM ]
Originally posted by buck:
One of my goals in life is to make you happy. Here is the solution to our "busted cap".

We have 13 picks in the draft. Three of them a compensatory picks we can not trade.
We trade al of our tradable picks to NE for pick #29, and with that pick we take either Justin Hunter or Cordarrelle Patterson.




LOL. If you traded up all our tradable picks, we would have the No. 1 overall pick, not some sorry 29th pick from the Pats man !! But, thanks for being so thoughtful though !! LOL.
Originally posted by DVDA:
Tarell Brown could be traded. He's in the last year of his deal and the 49ers probably wont be able to afford him with Iupati, Aldon Smith, Crabtree, and Kaepernick coming up. There are also some contracts that can be restructured or extended before the season starts, like Justin Smith.

I can HELLA see that happening. Sell high. He's probably worth a 4th round pick at best IMO.
  • buck
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 9,546
Originally posted by Rascal:
Originally posted by buck:
One of my goals in life is to make you happy. Here is the solution to our "busted cap".

We have 13 picks in the draft. Three of them a compensatory picks we can not trade.
We trade al of our tradable picks to NE for pick #29, and with that pick we take either Justin Hunter or Cordarrelle Patterson.




LOL. If you traded up all our tradable picks, we would have the No. 1 overall pick, not some sorry 29th pick from the Pats man !! But, thanks for being so thoughtful though !! LOL.


Your welcome.

But, the 1st pick of the draft would just devastate our busted cap space.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 8,104
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Most of Rogers' cap hit is tied up in guarantees, since he re-did his deal past year to help is extend Bowman. Trading him wouldn't get us anywhere near $7million in cap relief. Whitner sucks against height, but we have complicated coverage schemes, and that makes it tough to replace both safeties in the same year.

Especially considering Whitner calls out coverages for the secondary.
I'd like to see us draft DJ Hayden and restructure Rogers.

I also think we should seriously consider cutting Goodwin or Whitner. I like to think that Trenton Robinson is capable of taking over at FS, so if we draft a guy like Cyprien or Reid... we should cut Whitner.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Originally posted by DVDA:
Tarell Brown could be traded. He's in the last year of his deal and the 49ers probably wont be able to afford him with Iupati, Aldon Smith, Crabtree, and Kaepernick coming up. There are also some contracts that can be restructured or extended before the season starts, like Justin Smith.

I can HELLA see that happening. Sell high. He's probably worth a 4th round pick at best IMO.


brown is very underrated though. I think we unload rogers next year to afford brown . We probably wont be resigning any of the other FAs next year except Iupati who will be extended
Originally posted by blm7754:
I'd like to see us draft DJ Hayden and restructure Rogers.

I also think we should seriously consider cutting Goodwin or Whitner. I like to think that Trenton Robinson is capable of taking over at FS, so if we draft a guy like Cyprien or Reid... we should cut Whitner.


2 inexperienced guys in the backfield? No Thank You!