LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 222 users in the forums

With The 31st Pick Of The 2013 NFL Draft, the San Francisco 49ers Select.......

Rob, just a heads up... once the picks have been made there will be an official thread made by mods that they will place in niner talk. No need to create one for each prospect we take, they will care of that.

As for who we take I am 100% stumped. Could go about 20+ different ways. I actually said watch out for AJ Jenkins as a darkhorse pick for us but I was thinking in the 2nd, maybe 3rd. I usually can narrow it down some but this year really have no idea. You could pick any one of these names and then some and still be right: Datone Jones, Jesse Williams, Hankins, Sly Williams, DJ Hayden, Jamar Taylor, Zach Ertz, Johnthan Banks, Tyler Eifert, Quinton Patton, Justin Hunter, DeAndre Hopkins, Keenan Allen, Eric Reid, Johnathan Cyprien, Matt Elam and probably 10 others. Not to mention we could trade up or down. If I had to pick I would trade down or take Datone Jones or Johnathan Cyprien if available. Those seem to fit needs and be the best players out there. If we would trade down into middle of the 2nd and pick up another 3rd I like Quinton Patton. I hope we can get Travis Kelce or Gavin Escobar at 61 or 74 as well.
Really good post and some interesting comments.

With Baalke in the driver's seat - Who The F--K knows!

I like Hofer's draft and many others min the zone.

My gut feeling is we trade it. BUT I'd like to see Jesse Williams NT/DE from Alabama. Strong, fast, and IMO a difference maker.
[i]Tavon Austin
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by SFrush:
Eric Reid, Safety LSU

If the Jets do acquire Tampa's 13th overall pick then I think they would select Eric Reid, they really need to upgrade their secondary.
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Rob, just a heads up... once the picks have been made there will be an official thread made by mods that they will place in niner talk. No need to create one for each prospect we take, they will care of that.

As for who we take I am 100% stumped. Could go about 20+ different ways. I actually said watch out for AJ Jenkins as a darkhorse pick for us but I was thinking in the 2nd, maybe 3rd. I usually can narrow it down some but this year really have no idea. You could pick any one of these names and then some and still be right: Datone Jones, Jesse Williams, Hankins, Sly Williams, DJ Hayden, Jamar Taylor, Zach Ertz, Johnthan Banks, Tyler Eifert, Quinton Patton, Justin Hunter, DeAndre Hopkins, Keenan Allen, Eric Reid, Johnathan Cyprien, Matt Elam and probably 10 others. Not to mention we could trade up or down. If I had to pick I would trade down or take Datone Jones or Johnathan Cyprien if available. Those seem to fit needs and be the best players out there. If we would trade down into middle of the 2nd and pick up another 3rd I like Quinton Patton. I hope we can get Travis Kelce or Gavin Escobar at 61 or 74 as well.

This

It's so tough making a meaningful prediction for the 31st/34th pick. So many possibilties. Even if you were reasonably sure of the rankings of the players (with respect to BPA), there is no way that there won't be a trade somewhere before we select. Somebody is going to trade up for need, and it might even be the 9ers who make a trade.

While I'm looking forward to see who we select, this is the least excited about actually watching the draft as I've been in years. - There's just no way to predict this year.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Eric Reid
#31 - Tank Carradine, DE - Florida St.
#34 - Eric Reid, S - LSU
Originally posted by Gore_21:

Thanks

I had a hunch something like this was going to happen. The first pick is all that matters; that is why I started this in Niner Talk to begin with. For now let's do the guessing and see who is right.

I had thoughts of doing a draft summary thread.
Originally posted by ads_2006:
The San Francisco 49ers have traded their selection to the Philadelphia Eagles

The eagles are now on the clock...The eagles have selected quarterback, Geno Smith, WVU

I agree that we might trade with Philly but it will be for EJ Manuel
We should trade out of 31 for a 2014 1st and a 2013 3rd.

Is anyone going to the 49ers Draft Bash
I am hoping for Leon Sandcastle
DJ Hayden and Jesse Williams?
Niners trade up with New Orleans Saints and take Star Lolotelei
  • krizay
  • Veteran
"WE HAVE A TRADE"

"With the 31st pick in the 2013 NFL draft the buffalo Bills select....... Ryan Nassib, QB, Syracuse"

9ers trade #31 for #41 and a 2nd in 2014. (though my gut says wse through in a 4th and get a 3rd as well. but will play conservative)

With 34 we select Keenan Allen, WR

with 41 we select Jonathan Banks, CB

with 61 we select Philip Thomas, FS

with 71 we select Jon Jenkins, NT

with 93 we select Jordan Reed, TE

start of the 3rd day we trade 128, 157 & 180 to the Raiders for #100

with 100 we select Josh Evans, S

with 131 we select Denard Robinson

with 173 we select Chris Faulk

with 237 we select Rex Burkhead, RB

with 246 we select Spencer Nealy, DE

with 252 we select Patrick Ward, OT