LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 146 users in the forums

NFL Beat Writers Mock Draft (Full 1st Round)

• jimrat
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo49:
Reid at 31, then Carradine at 34 = cream my pants

Would love this!
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
I see the Carradine to SF hype train is starting to pick up steam, Not that I have a problem with it. I'm riding shotgun in the "Carradine for 3-4 DE" bandwagon!

Carradine would be a nice addition and when we play nickle coverages:

Aldon___ Carradine____ Dorsey___Brooks

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jimrat:
DJ Hayden in the 1st round, is surprising.

Mayock has him as his #1 rated Cb. He's shooting up draft boards. Should be the first or second corner taken.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Mayock has him as his #1 rated Cb. He's shooting up draft boards. Should be the first or second corner taken.

I was surprised because not to long ago he was projected a mid round pick and now he they saying he is the next Revis lol
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

I was surprised because not to long ago he was projected a mid round pick and now he they saying he is the next Revis lol

Yeah, if Mayock is right about anything, it is his DB's. He's usually pretty accurate.
For all those saying: "take safety at 31" do you still think we should do that if the team feels like Reid and Elam are likely to be no better than Landry and Whitner --good but not great players-- while having evaluated Corradine as a perennial pro-bowler?
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:
For all those saying: "take safety at 31" do you still think we should do that if the team feels like Reid and Elam are likely to be no better than Landry and Whitner --good but not great players-- while having evaluated Corradine as a perennial pro-bowler?

Guess we'll find out Thursday.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Landry?

that is the problem with most fans re: the draft. Certain fans think we should use the draft to fill team holes for the following year. Ive always believed that in order to sustain success in this league you need to draft for the next 3-5 years by taking BPA (with certain exceptions) and supplement immediate holes via free agency.

I always use the analogy (and I know its extreme) of the blazers passing on Michael Jordan for Sam Bowie because they already had a SG.

I think later in the draft is the time to search out needs and maneuever around the draft, meanwhile early in the draft its tough to pass up BPA. Obviously, best case scenario is when BPA=position of need.
[ Edited by cory4903 on Apr 21, 2013 at 9:59 AM ]
Landry?

Laron Landry. Signed wih the Colts I think
[ Edited by ChipDouglas510 on Apr 21, 2013 at 12:12 PM ]

• Andra
  • Veteran
Reid at 31, then Carradine at 34 = cream my pants

I agree 100%
I heard a few experts, mainly from cbs.sportsline say they thought carradine was a bit older, and one year wonder like Balmer...

Anyone who doesn't have a track record of success i would definately stay away from...
Share 49ersWebzone