There are 165 users in the forums

Have Niners tipped their hand to who they are going to draft?

Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Originally posted by adamcarrillo85:
Originally posted by greywolf447:
Originally posted by adamcarrillo85:

On the Video there were 49er Scouts at Fresno States Pro Day i wonder if there Interested in Phillip Thomas

I think he would be a good pick up in the 2nd or 3rd!

Me 2 i think he will surprise people

Anyoe who watched the kid play shouldnt be supprised by anything he accomplishes. I think he will be a stud FS when all is sai and done. Have had us taking him in the second for a long time.

Originally posted by ChipDouglas510:

wow I didn't know he was that good. I mean I knew he can ball hawk but wow he can hit.

get heeem
Originally posted by gold49digger:

wow I didn't know he was that good. I mean I knew he can ball hawk but wow he can hit.

get heeem

I watched him alot, being from Fresno and being a Fresno state fan. He isaint perfect, but all his issues are very coachable and he is etremely bright and avery easily coachable kid. I like him alot. Would love to snag him in the second round. He has stud FS written all over him.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Originally posted by gold49digger:

get heeem

I watched him alot, being from Fresno and being a Fresno state fan. He isaint perfect, but all his issues are very coachable and he is etremely bright and avery easily coachable kid. I like him alot. Would love to snag him in the second round. He has stud FS written all over him.

Take him!
Really starting to think we draft Thomas. 61 could be the spot, with 74 being a TE.
Originally posted by ninerfan1984:
Originally posted by blm7754:
Sick of all the man-love for Tavon Austin.

There is a big difference in drafting an undersized rookie who played in a gimmick offense with the top QB in the draft and trading for a proven vet like Harvin. Austin has major bust potential and I highly doubt Baalke will take that risk.

MAYBE, if Austin falls to 31 and is BPA, we take a chance on him. But I see no way in hell we trade up for him.

Gimmick offense? Isnt that what people would have called the pistol last year? Thats right and Harbaugh and company took that and applied it to the NFL offense. The NFL is evolving and gimmick offenses in the college game may start to be used somewhat in the NFL one thin I promise you is that if we draft a Tavon Austin or someone like him we will look at what he was successful at in college and if there is something their offense that their college team used that seemed some what gimmicky but was successful for that player our coaching staff has shown they will not be afraid of incorporating it into our offense some if they feel it will be successful. Austin specifically changes direction more quickly that either Cobb or Harvin or desean Jackson. Those are the players he is compared to I thnk he could be better if he goes to a team that knows how to use his skillset properly because not only does this make him extremely elusive with the ball in his hands but gives him the potential to be a virtually unstopable slot reciever with how shifty he is with his elite ability to change direction coupled with his abbility to just run past people.

Austin reminds me a lot of Reggie Bush. Epic in college because opponents simply have no answer for him. But moves on to the pros, and is only a role player.... a jack of all trades, master of none. Why? Because there are athletes in the NFL capable of matching up, unlike in college.

Don't get me wrong, Bush has had a productive career. He's just never been a successful every-down player. Which means he was over-drafted. If the 2006 draft we to happen again, Bush would have been a late 1st round pick by a talented team needing an offensive boost (not an every-down player).

Late 1st is about where I would value Austin. However, Austin is also much smaller than Bush... which could affect his durability. This could further impact his draft value.
Baalke is WAYYYYY too good of a poker playerto tip his hand.

I don't like Austin - I totally agree he is talented. Size does matter.

DL in the 1st, CB in the 2nd, 3rd pick will be a real crap shoot. - I'm hoping for Da'Rick.

Can't wait for this to get started.
I hope rumors are true that we are trying to trade up and get Tavon Austin!!!
IMO, the Niners will trade up-- but not high enough to grab Tavon.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Baalke is WAYYYYY too good of a poker playerto tip his hand.

I don't like Austin - I totally agree he is talented. Size does matter.

DL in the 1st, CB in the 2nd, 3rd pick will be a real crap shoot. - I'm hoping for Da'Rick.

Can't wait for this to get started.

Rogers is the wr I want the most, dude can be an epic steal.

Originally posted by ninerfan1984:
Sick of all the man-love for Tavon Austin.

There is a big difference in drafting an undersized rookie who played in a gimmick offense with the top QB in the draft and trading for a proven vet like Harvin. Austin has major bust potential and I highly doubt Baalke will take that risk.

MAYBE, if Austin falls to 31 and is BPA, we take a chance on him. But I see no way in hell we trade up for him.

Gimmick offense? Isnt that what people would have called the pistol last year? Thats right and Harbaugh and company took that and applied it to the NFL offense. The NFL is evolving and gimmick offenses in the college game may start to be used somewhat in the NFL one thin I promise you is that if we draft a Tavon Austin or someone like him we will look at what he was successful at in college and if there is something their offense that their college team used that seemed some what gimmicky but was successful for that player our coaching staff has shown they will not be afraid of incorporating it into our offense some if they feel it will be successful. Austin specifically changes direction more quickly that either Cobb or Harvin or desean Jackson. Those are the players he is compared to I thnk he could be better if he goes to a team that knows how to use his skillset properly because not only does this make him extremely elusive with the ball in his hands but gives him the potential to be a virtually unstopable slot reciever with how shifty he is with his elite ability to change direction coupled with his abbility to just run past people.

Austin reminds me a lot of Reggie Bush. Epic in college because opponents simply have no answer for him. But moves on to the pros, and is only a role player.... a jack of all trades, master of none. Why? Because there are athletes in the NFL capable of matching up, unlike in college.

Don't get me wrong, Bush has had a productive career. He's just never been a successful every-down player. Which means he was over-drafted. If the 2006 draft we to happen again, Bush would have been a late 1st round pick by a talented team needing an offensive boost (not an every-down player).

Late 1st is about where I would value Austin. However, Austin is also much smaller than Bush... which could affect his durability. This could further impact his draft value.

great comparison between Austin and Bush

but i think coming out Bush was considered to be more of a focal point of an offense whereas Austin is being looked at as a piece of an offense, a guy who can come in and do alot of thing but certainly no one is considering building an offense around him......Maybe the Jets actually lol

and the bold describes US RIGHT NOW!!!!! lol
[ Edited by RealShaloop on Apr 25, 2013 at 4:52 PM ]
Guys this is so unpredictable! I've got a pit in my stomach I'm really anxious! There are several players I wouldn't mind the Niners trading up for but I'm almost certain they'll move for Tavon. But who knows! Anyway let's hope for a great and productive draft class
Austin is bound for the Jets or the Saints, book it.
Originally posted by 5280High:
Austin is bound for the Jets or the Saints, book it.

Rams
Share 49ersWebzone