LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 232 users in the forums

Have Niners tipped their hand to who they are going to draft?

Appreciate your passion for Tavon, althogh I don't share it.

I recall people saying almost the same thing about Desean Jackson.

I think Tavon will turn out about the same depending on what system he's in.

I still see us going DL or S in the first.

BTW, do you like mustard w/your crow?
Originally posted by adamcarrillo85:

On the Video there were 49er Scouts at Fresno States Pro Day i wonder if there Interested in Phillip Thomas

I think he would be a good pick up in the 2nd or 3rd!
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Appreciate your passion for Tavon, althogh I don't share it.

I recall people saying almost the same thing about Desean Jackson.

I think Tavon will turn out about the same depending on what system he's in.

I still see us going DL or S in the first.

BTW, do you like mustard w/your crow?

I guess we will find out soon enough. Honestly I was thinking S and DL for a long time. Then after putting more thought into it I came up with this idea and kind of ran with it. It seems logical to me. I don't think there is any way we stay pat at 31. I think we will try to move up to get the player Harbaugh and Baalke want.
Originally posted by CRABTREE:
trade up is happening no way we draft 13 guys go get him

Agreed. I do not think there is any way we stay at 31.
Originally posted by smithc28:
Yeah already started this. Offense is where it's going to be.

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nfl-draft/172543-evolve-dont-revolve/

Good read! I think that Harbaugh and Roman have big plans for our offense. I think the missing piece is a player like Tavon Austin or Cordarrelle Patterson.
Originally posted by blm7754:
Sick of all the man-love for Tavon Austin.

There is a big difference in drafting an undersized rookie who played in a gimmick offense with the top QB in the draft and trading for a proven vet like Harvin. Austin has major bust potential and I highly doubt Baalke will take that risk.

MAYBE, if Austin falls to 31 and is BPA, we take a chance on him. But I see no way in hell we trade up for him.

I understand where you are going, but I don't believe Harvin has really proven anything. Maybe that he can be good at his best. He needs to show it first though. Solid production throughout a whole season.
Originally posted by PopeyeJonesing:
Seriously. It happens every year.

Someone's unofficial 40 time gets reported as faster than it actually was at the combine and 15% of the Webzone suddenly decides that person is the most amazing player ever and spends the next few months hunting out every way possible to confirm that fact.

I don't think Austin will be a bust, but it's absolutely insane how much he has been overvalued since the combine.

I've wanted the guy before the combine. I'm pissed that he had a good combine actually because now we have to trade up to get this guy
Originally posted by greywolf447:

On the Video there were 49er Scouts at Fresno States Pro Day i wonder if there Interested in Phillip Thomas

Me 2 i think he will surprise people
I still am optimistic regarding AJ, but can easily see us drafting multiple receiving options next weekend. I don't see us jumping high enough to get Austin though - so many people are now saying he is guaranteed top 16. (But I know how wrong these "guarantees" can be.) I would love to see him drop a bit though, and maybe we could grab him.

I think it is more likely that we draft later rounds for WRs though - as our issue at WR is not this coming year (although a deep threat would be nice) but it is in the following years due to so many contract issues.
Tavon will be a bust like Ted Ginn.

Originally posted by LieutKaffee:
Tavon will be a bust like Ted Ginn.

Now this is going overboard, but yet a possibility.
I really hope we draft Patterson if he falls to #31. He much more of a Harvin-type player than Austin is.
Is DeAnthony Thomas going to be a top 10 prospect next year? Not a huge CFB watcher, but I am an Oregon follower and I have always assumed his size would hold him back, until all this Tavon Austin hype. Similar players, no?
  • buck
  • Veteran
Jackson had, and from what I can tell still does, serious character issues.

That does not seem to the case with Austin.
Originally posted by greywolf447:

Me 2 i think he will surprise people

Anyoe who watched the kid play shouldnt be supprised by anything he accomplishes. I think he will be a stud FS when all is sai and done. Have had us taking him in the second for a long time.
Share 49ersWebzone