Pre-OrderYour 2018 Color Rush Throwback Jersey

There are 106 users in the forums

Have Niners tipped their hand to who they are going to draft?

Appreciate your passion for Tavon, althogh I don't share it.

I recall people saying almost the same thing about Desean Jackson.

I think Tavon will turn out about the same depending on what system he's in.

I still see us going DL or S in the first.

BTW, do you like mustard w/your crow?
Originally posted by adamcarrillo85:

On the Video there were 49er Scouts at Fresno States Pro Day i wonder if there Interested in Phillip Thomas

I think he would be a good pick up in the 2nd or 3rd!
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Appreciate your passion for Tavon, althogh I don't share it.

I recall people saying almost the same thing about Desean Jackson.

I think Tavon will turn out about the same depending on what system he's in.

I still see us going DL or S in the first.

BTW, do you like mustard w/your crow?

I guess we will find out soon enough. Honestly I was thinking S and DL for a long time. Then after putting more thought into it I came up with this idea and kind of ran with it. It seems logical to me. I don't think there is any way we stay pat at 31. I think we will try to move up to get the player Harbaugh and Baalke want.
Originally posted by CRABTREE:
trade up is happening no way we draft 13 guys go get him

Agreed. I do not think there is any way we stay at 31.
Originally posted by smithc28:
Yeah already started this. Offense is where it's going to be.

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nfl-draft/172543-evolve-dont-revolve/

Good read! I think that Harbaugh and Roman have big plans for our offense. I think the missing piece is a player like Tavon Austin or Cordarrelle Patterson.
Originally posted by blm7754:
Sick of all the man-love for Tavon Austin.

There is a big difference in drafting an undersized rookie who played in a gimmick offense with the top QB in the draft and trading for a proven vet like Harvin. Austin has major bust potential and I highly doubt Baalke will take that risk.

MAYBE, if Austin falls to 31 and is BPA, we take a chance on him. But I see no way in hell we trade up for him.

I understand where you are going, but I don't believe Harvin has really proven anything. Maybe that he can be good at his best. He needs to show it first though. Solid production throughout a whole season.
Originally posted by PopeyeJonesing:
Seriously. It happens every year.

Someone's unofficial 40 time gets reported as faster than it actually was at the combine and 15% of the Webzone suddenly decides that person is the most amazing player ever and spends the next few months hunting out every way possible to confirm that fact.

I don't think Austin will be a bust, but it's absolutely insane how much he has been overvalued since the combine.

I've wanted the guy before the combine. I'm pissed that he had a good combine actually because now we have to trade up to get this guy
Originally posted by greywolf447:

On the Video there were 49er Scouts at Fresno States Pro Day i wonder if there Interested in Phillip Thomas

Me 2 i think he will surprise people
I still am optimistic regarding AJ, but can easily see us drafting multiple receiving options next weekend. I don't see us jumping high enough to get Austin though - so many people are now saying he is guaranteed top 16. (But I know how wrong these "guarantees" can be.) I would love to see him drop a bit though, and maybe we could grab him.

I think it is more likely that we draft later rounds for WRs though - as our issue at WR is not this coming year (although a deep threat would be nice) but it is in the following years due to so many contract issues.
Tavon will be a bust like Ted Ginn.

Originally posted by LieutKaffee:
Tavon will be a bust like Ted Ginn.

Now this is going overboard, but yet a possibility.
I really hope we draft Patterson if he falls to #31. He much more of a Harvin-type player than Austin is.
Is DeAnthony Thomas going to be a top 10 prospect next year? Not a huge CFB watcher, but I am an Oregon follower and I have always assumed his size would hold him back, until all this Tavon Austin hype. Similar players, no?
  • buck
  • Veteran
Jackson had, and from what I can tell still does, serious character issues.

That does not seem to the case with Austin.
Originally posted by greywolf447:

Me 2 i think he will surprise people

Anyoe who watched the kid play shouldnt be supprised by anything he accomplishes. I think he will be a stud FS when all is sai and done. Have had us taking him in the second for a long time.
Share 49erswebzone