There are 166 users in the forums

Mayock's Top 100

• Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
Originally posted by Wodwo:
Umm... Da f**k?

89. John Simon, DT, Ohio State

Mayock really think Simon gonna play DT in the NFL? I know dude is strong, but physics still say nuh-uh.

Why do you say this? I don't know enough about him.

Weight? Injury?...

He's 6'1'' 257 Lbs.

He was a DE and will most likely be drafted to play OLB.

You should really know this stuff.
That's what he played in college but that doesn't mean he'll play DT in the NFL.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ninerfan81:
That's what he played in college but that doesn't mean he'll play DT in the NFL.

No, he didn't play DT in college. He primarily played DE, but took some snaps at LB and some at DT.

Listing him as a DT is like listing Aldon Smith as a DT prospect because he would up inside on occasion at Missouri.

Ok, maybe not as silly as that... Ohio State did run a hybrid 3-4.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
This is John Simon:

• mayo49
  • Veteran
The only position Mayock should evaluate is DB. He sucks on all the other positions.
Originally posted by mayo49:
The only position Mayock should evaluate is DB. He sucks on all the other positions.

This

Seriously, I don't see why Mayock is seen as the expert, why don't they have a bunch of scouts for each position like teams do rather than "the oracle" Mayock who after the first 3/4 picks just makes it up as he goes along.
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
Mayock over the last few years seems to try too hard and make bold statements to try to stand out from other analysts. Thats the vibe I get from him anyway. Like hes on some high horse and his view is always fact. Irritates me sometimes.

I know, I know... "WHY YOU MAD"?

Yeah I use to like Mayock about 4-5 years ago. But over the last few years I've come to realize he is knowledgeable, but also provides you with a lot of b******t. I often see him saying he knows every little detail about every single player and making ridiculous claims like "yeah I went back and watched every game this guy played in". There is simply not enough time to watch every single play of all of these top prospects. He often pulls comments out of his ass on some prospects and also he's a terrible game broadcaster.
"In two to three years Robert Ayers will be the best Defensive Player from this years draft." -Mike Mayock 2009

I like a lot of his analysis, for entertainment value, but he has always been very 4-3 defense-centric. He only started adding 3-4 OLB and 3-4 DE to his projections this year.
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
Yeah I use to like Mayock about 4-5 years ago. But over the last few years I've come to realize he is knowledgeable, but also provides you with a lot of b******t. I often see him saying he knows every little detail about every single player and making ridiculous claims like "yeah I went back and watched every game this guy played in". There is simply not enough time to watch every single play of all of these top prospects. He often pulls comments out of his ass on some prospects and also he's a terrible game broadcaster.

Actually, you only need about 5-8 minutes per game. Its his full-time job. I wouldn't be surprised if he watched every play for the top prospects
Share 49ersWebzone