LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 253 users in the forums

WRs for the niners to draft

• Andra
  • Veteran
I'm just wondering if Terrance Williams would be a good pickup in the 4th or 5th round or who would be a good WR for the niners without giving up the farm trying to move up in the draft
I think they'll be interested in a "height/weight/speed" type prospect with upside in round 4 or later. Tyrone Goard or Aaron Mellette come to mind. But I could see them taking a guy in the 2nd or 3rd round if they think the value is really good.
I personally really like Williams, but I'd be shocked if he was still there in the 4th. If he was, that would be phenomenal value.
I think if we pick a WR it should be 4th round or later.. a few players I like are cobi Hamilton Marcus Davis N Brandon Kaufman ...
A couple guys I like late are not deep threats or big guys by any means, they will be slot WR's in the NFL I loved both in college and both should go after day 2...

Ryan Swope
TJ Moe

Another late round wild card who could return punts and be a deadly slot option if given time

Denard Robinson
I'm concerned that the Niners wont be able to sign Crabtree. If that is a concern at all, WR probably needs to be looked at early.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Butter:
I'm concerned that the Niners wont be able to sign Crabtree. If that is a concern at all, WR probably needs to be looked at early.

Good point, Butter. Got to think future as well as the present. I think we take one in the 2nd/3rd rounds.
The three guys I like the most for the 9ers are DeAndre Hopkins, Stedman Bailey, and Ace Sanders.

I like all three so much, and the bulk of our current WRs so little, that I would actually be in favor of drafting all three of them.

Crazy I know, but I'd rather have too many good WRs for our team to have spots for than to get hosed in the post season because of shamefully poor WR depth for a THIRD YEAR IN A ROW.

Also, I like Hopkins despite his rock star antics:

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 20m
A trashed hotel room at Indy scouting combine that Yahoo reported on belonged to Clemson WR DeAndre Hopkins and Rutgers WR Mark Harrison.
T. Austin
C. Patterson
J. Hunter
D.Hopkins
R. Woods
Q. Patton
M.Wheaton
T. Williams
A. Dobson
R. Swope
D. Rogers
C. Hamilton
M. Wilson
M. Goodwin
J. Boyce
M. Davis
C. Harper
D. Robinson
J. Collins
A. Sanders
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:
The three guys I like the most for the 9ers are DeAndre Hopkins, Stedman Bailey, and Ace Sanders.

I like all three so much, and the bulk of our current WRs so little, that I would actually be in favor of drafting all three of them.

Crazy I know, but I'd rather have too many good WRs for our team to have spots for than to get hosed in the post season because of shamefully poor WR depth for a THIRD YEAR IN A ROW.

A trashed hotel room at Indy scouting combine that Yahoo reported on belonged to Clemson WR DeAndre Hopkins and Rutgers WR Mark Harrison.

Wow ace N stedman please no to tha all midget WR group ....

Originally posted by NTeply49:
T. Austin
C. Patterson
J. Hunter
D.Hopkins
R. Woods
Q. Patton
M.Wheaton
T. Williams
A. Dobson
R. Swope
D. Rogers
C. Hamilton
M. Wilson
M. Goodwin
J. Boyce
M. Davis
C. Harper
D. Robinson
J. Collins
A. Sanders

Are u sure u didn't miss anyone
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:

Wow ace N stedman please no to tha all midget WR group ....
Mark Harrison Rodney Smith
Tyrone Goard Brandon Kaufman
T. Austin
C. Patterson
J. Hunter
D.Hopkins
R. Woods
Q. Patton
M.Wheaton
T. Williams
A. Dobson
R. Swope
D. Rogers
C. Hamilton
M. Wilson
M. Goodwin
J. Boyce
M. Davis
C. Harper
D. Robinson
J. Collins
A. Sanders

Swope rogers and sanders should be higher other than that its brilliant!
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran

I dunno why, but I just have a gut feeling Harper will be a better pro than college player.
Originally posted by bdub2588:
T. Austin
C. Patterson
J. Hunter
D.Hopkins
R. Woods
Q. Patton
M.Wheaton
T. Williams
A. Dobson
R. Swope
D. Rogers
C. Hamilton
M. Wilson
M. Goodwin
J. Boyce
M. Davis
C. Harper
D. Robinson
J. Collins
A. Sanders

Swope rogers and sanders should be higher other than that its brilliant!
that's just how I saw our WR draft board
Share 49ersWebzone