LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 282 users in the forums

Jesse Williams or Margus Hunt

Originally posted by LieutKaffee:
For the life of me I still can't understand the Margus Hunt hype. A 26 year old with little football experience who is considered "raw"? Why is this a 1st/2nd round prospect?? Lawrence Okoye is another foreigner with no football background and eye-popping measurables, and he probably won't be drafted. He's 21 years old! Why the discrepancy?

I wouldn't touch Hunt with a 10 foot pole. Sounds like someone who should be a 4th or 5th round prospect to me.

We agree homie. I think everyone is intrigued by his "potential"..??,, I guess a lot of guys here don't watch college games to see just how 'lost' this guy was sometimes. I'd rather go with Williams (my pick anyways), but if we get another DL, I say get the other Williams kid from DII ranks (esp. if we're looking at potential and development).
Originally posted by Nuns:
The taller of the two, Hunt, to swat balls back in little Russell's face.

Hunt reportedly has issues with playing with leverage. At his height, that is a big problem. He's going to get demolished by NFL Olines.
Reading Hunt's scouting reports, he played three seasons in college. Why is he still so "raw"?
Williams

I'm not sold on our NT situation.
Originally posted by Overkill:
Williams

I'm not sold on our NT situation.

Me either. I think Dorsey could become a monster in our 4-front, but we could use an upgrade for base downs.
John Jenkins please
I like Williams especially because of his versatility - NT/DE.

I also appreciate the competition he played against.
If we want a NT with versatility to play up and down the line, Johnathan Hankins is the choice. He is a manchild, who hustles every play and is simply a better football player than Williams if not a better athlete.
I'll tell you what sets Margus apart aside from his size and 4.6 speed.. Its that he out up 39 reps at 225 lbs.
With his arm length that's unbelievable! He should be justin smiths replacement IMO.
What do u lose in drafting him when you have the coaches and platform to develop him and in the meantime he can dominate special teams with his blocking kicks! Think all of you need yo realize he's the man!
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Jesse Williams, 6'4, 323, Margus Hunt 6'8' 277, both should be available late first early second. It's no secret that the 49ers will select someone on the DL, which one? Add anyone else.

M
hunt is a beast, can't go wrong either way, can't wait for the draft

Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
hunt is a beast, can't go wrong either way, can't wait for the draft

How do you play three years of college ball and still get slapped with the "raw" label by every scout in the country? Slow learner?
Seriously what is there to lose with guy. W
Originally posted by bdub2588:
I'll tell you what sets Margus apart aside from his size and 4.6 speed.. Its that he out up 39 reps at 225 lbs.
With his arm length that's unbelievable! He should be justin smiths replacement IMO.
What do u lose in drafting him when you have the coaches and platform to develop him and in the meantime he can dominate special teams with his blocking kicks! Think all of you need yo realize he's the man!

M
I don't know he had

How do you play three years of college ball and still get slapped with the "raw" label by every scout in the country? Slow learner?

8 sacks last years while being triple teamed. I watched the tape, this guys GOING TO BE GREAT
At 34 I would go for Margus Hunt. Yes, he's raw, but he'll make a solid rotational player and grow, learn from the Smith brothers and be able to step in after a year of training, growth. The fact he is a FG blocking machine could pay dividends right off the bat.
neither thanks

Because he didn't pick up football until college, whereas most guys have been playing since before high school. Part of the reason why Aldon Smith was considered "raw"
Share 49ersWebzone