LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 285 users in the forums

49ers surprise pick

Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Trying to figure out what Baalke will do is really Fantasy Football.

I'll play pretend and say he'll trade it for a 1st round next year to one of the big loser teams, like the Jags, Jets, Bills, Browns.

What do you think we could get for our first rounder this year? Could we possibly get a first next year and a 3rd round this year? That would be ideal IMO since this draft is deeper rather than top heavy..
[ Edited by Cooper22 on Apr 18, 2013 at 8:35 AM ]
Originally posted by WildBill:
Keep dropping names, one of them is gonna hit, then you can say see, I know Baalke, I got him figured. You have until next week.
I will be happy if I actually know who the guy is this year. I'm just hoping that after 2 solid years as Baalke being the GM, we are starting to figure out the type of guys he likes.
  • Dino
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Nastastical:
I don't know why, but I have a feeling Baalke will pull the ultimate surprise of the draft and select the Honey Badger at 31. While I rather get him with one of our 3rd rounders, I will still support the move, because I think the kid will be a pro bowler damn near ever season; if he keeps his head on straight.

LOL
I will go with the Niners taking a pass rusher. This would be a surprise given that everyone has them going DL, S, TE, or WR.

Jarvis Jones if he slips to them at 31 or a shocker.. Jamie Collins.
I have a strong feeling they will select a 5'-4" cornerback.
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
John Jenkins would be a suprise by most peoples accounts since most dont have him as a first rounder.

John Jenkins with one of the first two picks would probably suprise alot of people, some not so much.

He better be starting day one if we pick him with one of the first two selections.

IMO he would easily be the starting NT, But you cant really make statements like that with this FO. AJ Jenkins and LMJ were our first two picks last year after all.
Keenan Allen
Margus Hunt. Freak athlete with decent production who will come into a perfect situation for him to reach his potential.
Originally posted by Promo:
Margus Hunt. Freak athlete with decent production who will come into a perfect situation for him to reach his potential.

Pretty hard to say that would be a surprise pick when a large number of so called experts have predicted him to go to the Niners at 31 or 34.
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
John Jenkins would be a suprise by most peoples accounts since most dont have him as a first rounder.

John Jenkins with one of the first two picks would probably suprise alot of people, some not so much.

He better be starting day one if we pick him with one of the first two selections.

IMO he would easily be the starting NT, But you cant really make statements like that with this FO. AJ Jenkins and LMJ were our first two picks last year after all.

Thats comparing apples to oranges when talking about first round receiver in '12 against possible 1st round NT in '13. The need is huge on the DL and if the FO does indeed select J. Jenkins in the first 34 picks, then I will HAVE to assume that the coaches believe they will be able to plug him in from day one and start. Especially because I believe he would be a slight reach in those slots.

Hopefully noone was counting on AJJ to climb our depth chart and see much of the field early last year.

• krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
Ima go with WR Deandre Hopkins and I'll be upset. But then he'll end up being good and I'll be happy.

well, he was one of the guys who trashed the hotel room at the combine. And with no more one on one time with teams to explain.......
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
I will go with the Niners taking a pass rusher. This would be a surprise given that everyone has them going DL, S, TE, or WR.

Jarvis Jones if he slips to them at 31 or a shocker.. Jamie Collins.

I could really see Baalke going for a guy like Jamie Collins as well.
I just want someone who will freaking contribute right away, not no damn red shirt rookie
John Jenkins......the true 3-4 nose we've never really had.
DE Tank Caderrine
Share 49ersWebzone