LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 259 users in the forums

iowa49er mock draft 3.0

This mock draft will include all of our picks but I bet there will be some trades on draft day.

Pick #31 Eric Reid, S, LSU

He has been surrounded by awfully good corners at LSU which has helped him and plays a bit aggressive which can be good and bad. Coverage is still a bit raw but I think with our coaching staff he can be the guy at free safety as he can cover a lot of ground and boasts a 40.5 inch vertical and at 6'1" I think he will become a good all around safety for us.

Pick #34 Alex Okafor, 3-4 OLB, Texas

Kind of went with best player available here, guy that is kind of flying under the radar a little bit. Isn't going to be a speed edge rush kind of guy by any means but displays good strength for his frame and can get to the quarterback. Gets off the ball good and plays the run well. Would help spell our front four in pass rushing situations. Also with this pick I feel that we could trade back into the forties and still get him but I am not going to try and do trades in this mock, but wouldn't be surprised if we saw a scenario like that on draft day.

Pick #61 Da Rick Rogers, WR, Tennessee Tech

Big physical receiver that can work all parts of the field. Has some character issues but I don't think there is anything with him that we can't get worked out. A lot of wide receivers on the roster but not to many of them locked up long term so it is a more pressing need than what people think.

Pick #74 Tyrann Matheau, CB, FS,NB, KR, PR, LSU

Might be a tic high to take him off the board at 74 but he can contribute to our team in so many ways and can just flat out play. Played in the toughest conference in college football and was nothing but a force when he was at LSU. We now see Percy Harvin twice a year and I expect this to be our guy to shut him down.

Pick #93 Brandon Williams, DT/NT, Missouri Southern

Kid played against lower level competition but looked alright at the senior bowl and I think our coaching staff can mold him into an athletic nose tackle, and we end up getting a steal at pick #93.

Pick #128 Khaled Holmes, C, USC

Eventual replacement for Good win at the center position.

Pick #131 Marcus Lattimore, Rb, South Carolina

Eventual replacement for Gore, we redshirt him a year, let him get healthy and then turn him loose.

Pick #157 Reid Fragel, OT, Ohio State

Both of our starters are locked up for a while but it still wouldn't hurt to have a quality back up in case one of them were to go down.

Pick #173 Terry Hawthorne, CB, Illinois

I have watched him on tape numerous times and I like the way the kid plays. Hard nosed football player that I think is flying under the radar a little bit. Can contribute on special teams and could eventually mold into a solid cover corner

Pick #180 Keith Pugh, ILB, Howard

Could be a solid special teamer for us and provide depth behind Bowman and Willis.

Pick #237 Levine Tolio, TE, Standford

Big tight end at 6['8" could be a potential weapon in the red zone.

Pick #246 BPA

Pick #252 BPA

Notes:

If Datone Jones falls past pick 25, I expect us to move up a few spots and get him.

If that doesn't happen and a quarterback falls to 31 or 34 that a team is high on I expect us to trade back into second and accumulate more picks in rounds 2 and 3.

Also, all picks were based off of cbs sportsline big board.

Just my two cents, can't wait for draft day, and Go Niners!

I like this draft and it's realistic which makes it even better.
Very nice looking draft. I'd be more than happy with it. Not a huge fan of Rogers but I trust the 49ers to make the right decision and if they drafted him where you have him being drafted I wouldn't complain. GO NINERS! GO HAWKEYES!!!
[ Edited by NinerG94 on Apr 17, 2013 at 1:23 PM ]
Originally posted by NinerG94:
Very nice looking draft. I'd be more than happy with it. Not a huge fan of Rogers but I trust the 49ers to make the right decision and if they drafted him where you have him being drafted I wouldn't complain. GO NINERS! GO HAWKEYES!!!

Go Hawkeyes is right glad there are a few niners fans out there that are also Hawkeye fans, now lets just hope we can get more than four wins this year! lol
Share 49ersWebzone