There are 44 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Are scheduled player visits nothing more than a smoke screen?

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't remember any of the players who came in for a visit last year being drafted. So with all these scheduled visits happening do we get our hopes up that the Niners are interested them or is it merely a smoke screen? Something we know the Patriots have been known to do in the past and I don't remember AJ Jenkins coming in for visit last year.
Here, this will help you.

http://www.comcastsportsnet.com/landing?blockID=688630&feedID=10192
It's best to have all the available information on a player , ya never know if a players stock will slide down the draft board, and fall right into our lap

gotta have the 411 , 'Just in Case
[ Edited by NeeJ49er on Apr 17, 2013 at 6:52 AM ]
It's Due Dilligence. You never know who will fall into your slot.

Smart teams do their homework, also in some cases IMO it is a smoke screen.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
It's Due Dilligence. You never know who will fall into your slot.

Smart teams do their homework, also in some cases IMO it is a smoke screen.

This and to the original poster we drafted 5 (at least) that visited us for 11 and 12. Jenkins, Fleming and Slowy. Kaepernick, Hunter... Hastings as well but he was an UDFA. A bunch of our UDFA's worked out at the local pro day we held the past few years which is actually today for this year's. Stanford, San Jose State, Oregon, Cal players can come out and anyone who went to high school in the local area I believe. Guys that were there... Reuland, Michael Thomas, owusu (didnt work out though, was injured), Masafillio, Masoli, etc.

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nfl-draft/164759-visit-workout-tracker-update-drafted-jenkins-fleming-slowey/search=sfout
that was last year's thread, look down the page you will see this year's thread (has an official by it)
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Apr 17, 2013 at 9:14 AM ]
I remember that pat willis never visited. We knew all we needed to know after coach sing coached the senior bowl. We never contacted willis again until making him the selection during the draft. I think visits are for players that need further evaluation.