There are 54 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

PTulini's Mock Draft - Version 2.0 (04/17/2013)

Trade:

WR Anquan Boldin
QB Colt McCoy

Free Agency:

DL Glenn Dorsey
SS Craig Dahl
K Phil Dawson
WR Marlon Moore
LB Dan Skuta
CB Nnamdi Asomugha

Draft:

1 31 (31) DT Jesse Williams – Alabama (6'4", 323 lbs)

2 2 (34) TE Zach Ertz– Stanford (6'5", 249 lbs)

** from Kansas City Chiefs

2 31 (61) WR Da'Rick Rogers - Tennessee Tech (6'3", 217 lbs)

3 12 (74) FS Bacarri Rambo - Georgia (6'1", 211 lbs)

** from Carolina Panthers

3 31 (93) CB Tharold Simon – LSU (6'2", 202 lbs)

4 31 (128) RB Marcus Lattimore – South Carolina (5'11", 221 lbs)

4 34 (131) DE Cornelius Washington – Georgia (6'5" 265 lbs)

** Compensatory pick

5 24 (157) OT Ricky Wagner - Wisconsin (6'6", 308 lbs)

** from Indianapolis Colts

6 5 (173) CB Nickell Robey - USC (5'7", 170 lbs)

** from Cleveland Browns

6 12 (180) ILB Vince Williams – Florida St. (6'1", 247 lbs)

** from Miami Dolphins

7 31 (237) K Brett Maher - Nebraska (6'0", 186 lbs)

7 40 (246) WR Tyrone Goard - Eastern Kentucky (6'4", 205 lbs)

** Compensatory pick

7 46 (252) DE Glenn Foster - Illinois (6'4", 286 lbs)

** Compensatory pick

[ Edited by PTulini on Apr 17, 2013 at 12:48 AM ]
For what it's worth, you and MD's big board disagree pretty significantly on where Cornelius Washington and Tyrone Goard will still be available in the draft.

Also, I was browing a Maiocco chat today and he basically convinced me it makes no sense to draft a kicker. I was initially drawn to the idea of stashing one away since Dawson is old and has a short contract. But he said the team wouldn't waste a roster spot or practice squad spot on a kicker.
Love the draft. If it went this way I would be like a mentally challenged kid entering chucky cheese for the first time. I do think Lattimore will be gone by the time the 4th round goes. Like I said if he was not injured he would be a top 15 pick. If Gore came out with two torn ACL's from Miami in the 3rd I expect Lattimore to be gone in the 3rd.
Nope. Must address safety position within first two picks.
Originally posted by theninermaniac:
Nope. Must address safety position within first two picks.

How do we know we might already have the starting FS on the team already. Maybe Baalke and/or Harbaugh feel like Spillman and Robinson can step in and start. Maybe the Dahl pickup was for him to replace Spillman's roll on special teams? I would not be too thrilled with Spillman as our starting Safety in week one but it is what they see and not us as fans. For all we know we may not even draft a safety and pick up Woodson after the draft as a stop gap till next year. So many things man... so many things.
Originally posted by NC49erfan82:
How do we know we might already have the starting FS on the team already. Maybe Baalke and/or Harbaugh feel like Spillman and Robinson can step in and start. Maybe the Dahl pickup was for him to replace Spillman's roll on special teams? I would not be too thrilled with Spillman as our starting Safety in week one but it is what they see and not us as fans. For all we know we may not even draft a safety and pick up Woodson after the draft as a stop gap till next year. So many things man... so many things.

What I know is that an allpro safety left our team and it makes the weakest part of our defense even weaker. We must invest heavily in our secondary, especially with the free agent moves of the rest of the nfc west. (Harvin, palmer)

I think adding a rotational de or nt is a luxury at this point, where adding a promising young safety is a necessity.

What I know is that an allpro safety left our team and it makes the weakest part of our defense even weaker. We must invest heavily in our secondary, especially with the free agent moves of the rest of the nfc west. (Harvin, palmer)

I think adding a rotational de or nt is a luxury at this point, where adding a promising young safety is a necessity.

I think DE is a greater priority than a FS at the moment. Like I said who knows what happens. The famous webzone chant of moving Carlos Rodgers to FS could happen for all we know. Spillman is capable at starting. We are not going to be able to replace and have an impact at FS with anyone in this draft over Goldson. DE there are more than capable prospects that can make a difference. The problem is we are facing a lot of successfull heavy hitter pass happy teams this year. Getting pressure on the QB by allowing our DL to do their jobs and contain the OL so our LB's can rush in and gets sacks is a must no matter who we get at FS. We need rotation so they can stay fresh! We have to allow penatration and not be beat to the punch against these teams that throw the ball deep as in Green Bay, Washington, Atlanta, Houston, New Orleans, and make no mistake Indianappolis (TY Hilton and Luck were burners last year). We can not let those QB's back there dance around and pick us deep. That is why DL must be addressed within our first 3 picks. TE is our 2nd most important position I feel we need to address.
I think DE is a greater priority than a FS at the moment. Like I said who knows what happens. The famous webzone chant of moving Carlos Rodgers to FS could happen for all we know. Spillman is capable at starting. We are not going to be able to replace and have an impact at FS with anyone in this draft over Goldson. DE there are more than capable prospects that can make a difference. The problem is we are facing a lot of successfull heavy hitter pass happy teams this year. Getting pressure on the QB by allowing our DL to do their jobs and contain the OL so our LB's can rush in and gets sacks is a must no matter who we get at FS. We need rotation so they can stay fresh! We have to allow penatration and not be beat to the punch against these teams that throw the ball deep as in Green Bay, Washington, Atlanta, Houston, New Orleans, and make no mistake Indianappolis (TY Hilton and Luck were burners last year). We can not let those QB's back there dance around and pick us deep. That is why DL must be addressed within our first 3 picks. TE is our 2nd most important position I feel we need to address.

I think you are confusing Carlos Rogers with Chris Culliver
Originally posted by NinerFan408:

I think you are confusing Carlos Rogers with Chris Culliver

No I am not. They have been both mentioned to play FS. Everyone on the webzone has been on moving a corner they feel is underacheiving to FS. It has even been beyond the Nate Clements days. Culliver will be fine if people give him a chance. People were all over his nuts when he broke up the game saving pass over Jordy Nelson week 1 against the Packers and then by the time of the Super Bowl everyone hates him.

He has us taking one in the third with as much potential as any safety in the draft.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Love the draft. If it went this way I would be like a mentally challenged kid entering chucky cheese for the first time.

I like the mock Patrick. Would like to see us trade for a future 2 or 3 in 2014 draft, but overall a solid draft.
Nice mock
I'd be cool with this draft. Like Rogers and Rambo.

Don't think we draft a kicker though. Don't see us having two kickers on the roster or drafting a kicker just to be on the practice squad.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
I like the mock Patrick. Would like to see us trade for a future 2 or 3 in 2014 draft, but overall a solid draft.

I agree, but I don't do trades in my mock drafts because they can be so hard to predict. I'm not good with the compensation.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home