There are 59 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Should we draft Keenan Allen if he falls (Failed Drug Test)

I thought Allen was more the Anquan Boldin type? I didn't think he was supposed to be a speed guy, even before the injury.

I'm all for adding quality players this draft. The only position we may need a starter is FS imo. Everywhere else we're looking at backups, so getting a guy like Allen to learn from Boldin isn't the worst idea in the world.
Originally posted by 9moon:
I wouldnt..

I would rather have Aaron Dobson.. Similar type of player, w/ a tighter screw on his head..

I was thinking the same exact thing.
I can't really evaluate him right now...because he can't run. Understand when healthy, he's been compared to Anquan Boldin (definitely a good thing). But, I did see Da'Rick Rogers on NFL-N's "Game Changers" and he looked like the kind of big, determined receiver we could really use. I think either guy would be a huge asset to Kap in the passing game.
At this point in time I'd take Allen.......end of the 3rd at best. Too many red flags on this guy. We have other needs.
Originally posted by matthewabbit:
real deal but we got other needs

You answered the question. If he's the real deal, YOU TAKE HIM regardless of position. Teams SHOULDN'T draft based on needs. (unless there's a franchise QB on the board and he's worthy of that pick)

Originally posted by mayo49:
The reason he's slow IS because he's coming back from an injury.

I know this but certain scouts, gm's, and analysts will say, "well geez! He is a slower player, we won't draft."

Sometimes, those people OVER analyzes a player or fails to use common sense and miss out on a gem. (d. jackson, bowman, boone..to name a few)
I never wanted him
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pdizo916:

You answered the question. If he's the real deal, YOU TAKE HIM regardless of position. Teams SHOULDN'T draft based on needs. (unless there's a franchise QB on the board and he's worthy of that pick)

"General manager Trent Baalke insisted Wednesday the 49ers are "not a need-based drafting team." That should hold true next week: the reigning NFC champs don't have many needs to address with their 13 picks."

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/49ers/2013/04/17/baalke-on-draft-trades-the-wheeling-and-dealing-can-start-at-any-time/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+49ersHotRead+%2849ers+Hot+Read%29
Jon Wilner ‏@wilnerhotline 39m NFL scout on Cal's Keenan Allen: "There were already character concerns. His stock will drop significantly."
Originally posted by valrod33:
Jon Wilner ‏@wilnerhotline 39m NFL scout on Cal's Keenan Allen: "There were already character concerns. His stock will drop significantly."

I think he will fall late 2nd or possibly early 3rd. If he gets picked before DaRick Rodgers or if we pick him over Rodgers I will be very pissed off.
Originally posted by NC49erfan82:

I think he will fall late 2nd or possibly early 3rd. If he gets picked before DaRick Rodgers or if we pick him over Rodgers I will be very pissed off.

get ready then
Originally posted by Harkonnenzombie:
Little bit of weed never hurt anyone, draft him!!!

PREACHING.
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Originally posted by NC49erfan82:

get ready then

Walter football has a good scouting report on Allen. I still really want him and our scouts went to a lot of Cal games this year so I have my fingers crossed