LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 253 users in the forums

D'Rick Rogers

Originally posted by WildBill:
Before you can put him on the practice squad, he has to clear waivers, meaning any team could pick him up. If he makes the ps, any team that is willing to put him on the 53 man roster can take him. This is what happened to Konrad Reuland in his second year on the ps.

And? If you lose him you lose him.

It is a ps squad spot. Not the end of the world.
still can't believe he went undrafted. would've been nice to have him.
Originally posted by NTeply49:
signed with Bills

good pickup for them, he could get playing time there, b/c of their lack of depth at WR.
Man, was I wrong about tis guy!

He must have Red Flag tatoos.
  • kent
  • Veteran
Think the 49ers just want guys that are "wired right". I think they are speaking of mental toughness and complete commitment to football. They seem ok drafting guys with injuries and giving free agents a chance that have had some off the field stuff as long as it does not relate to mental toughness and complete commitment to football.

In this case, it seems a lot of teams had big questions about Rogers as he looks great on tape.
Originally posted by SF69ers:

OR.. maybe this kid is just a cancer that is not good for any NFL team. There has to be BIG time issues for him not to have big drafted at all. More than we know.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

OR.. maybe this kid is just a cancer that is not good for any NFL team. There has to be BIG time issues for him not to have big drafted at all. More than we know.

i would've taken a shot at him as an undrafted free agent or even a 7th rounder if he was still there.

i would've taken a shot at him as an undrafted free agent or even a 7th rounder if he was still there.

I hear you but all 32 teams in the NFL passed in the draft. Has to tell you a lot. Now, maybe he will get his act together and become something. I just dont think the Niners wanted this kind of character or distraction on their team even with his potential.

I hear you but all 32 teams in the NFL passed in the draft. Has to tell you a lot. Now, maybe he will get his act together and become something. I just dont think the Niners wanted this kind of character or distraction on their team even with his potential.

must have been during interviews. since his move to tennessee tech, there was nothing recorded about bad behavior or drug issues. i just wondered what could've happened for him to go undrafted if guys like Mathieu and Rambo were taken.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
One thing's for sure, if both Dallas and Cincy pass on a talented but a head case type of kid, then he should be a free agent..

must have been during interviews. since his move to tennessee tech, there was nothing recorded about bad behavior or drug issues. i just wondered what could've happened for him to go undrafted if guys like Mathieu and Rambo were taken.

The rumor I've heard is that he went Titus Young mode at Tennessee and Tennessee Tech, deliberately sabotaged plays, gave up on routes when he wasn't happy with how he was being used. Just a lot of immaturity along with being emotionally unbalanced.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Apr 29, 2013 at 1:26 PM ]
What a fool.

He could have had a life that millions of people dream about.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
What a fool.

He could have had a life that millions of people dream about.

He can still make those millions, but based on all the varied issues surrounding him, this sounds like a guy that will seriously require some form of counseling or therapy to help him get over his inherent craziness. The classic example of a million dollar body and a ten cent head. The fact that a quality wide receiver like that completely fell out of the draft leads you to believe that many teams assumed he's simply beyond help and will eventually implode.

Mathieu has his own set of issues but he still managed to get drafted fairly high, and will have to comply with being drug tested regularly by the Cardinals, as well as undergoing counseling, I see the Bills making similar requirements for Rogers, if he even makes the team.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Apr 29, 2013 at 2:21 PM ]
Absolutely shocked that he went undrafted while Mathieu was arguably overdrafted. Drug tests and getting booted from a big-time program? Sounds like their issues are virtually identical.

The Bills have virtually no competition in front of him for a big bodied #1 type WR. I'm strangely rooting for him somehow.

PS: How long before we fix the spelling in this thread title?
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

The rumor I've heard is that he went Titus Young mode at Tennessee and Tennessee Tech, deliberately sabotaged plays, gave up on routes when he wasn't happy with how he was being used. Just a lot of immaturity along with being emotionally unbalanced.

Yeah he went full retard. You never go full retard, especially when you're trying to get drafted!
Share 49ersWebzone