LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 256 users in the forums

D'Rick Rogers

Originally posted by gold49digger:
This guy is talented. Won't be surprised if he was the best wr in the draft.

Looks like Kendrick Lamar too

lmao, he does look like kdot
Originally posted by blm7754:
Originally posted by 49erMike:
And what if, statistically speaking, we miss the playoffs and things go downhill? I hope people realize the 49ers have idiots on the team too that can lead him the wrong way. (Culliver)

So Culliver is a bad guy now?

Just because he made an ignorant statement doesn't mean he's a bad guy... or that he'd be a bad influence on our team. It just means he's ignorant. If you were personally offended by his remarks, that's your business. It doesn't have any relevance on this discussion.

I believe I called him an idiot, not a bad guy. Two different things.
And what if, statistically speaking, we miss the playoffs and things go downhill? I hope people realize the 49ers have idiots on the team too that can lead him the wrong way. (Culliver)

Just because he made an ignorant statement doesn't mean he's a bad guy... or that he'd be a bad influence on our team. It just means he's ignorant. If you were personally offended by his remarks, that's your business. It doesn't have any relevance on this discussion.

You called him an idiot that can lead rookies "the wrong way". Unless you are worried about Culliver turning our draft picks into homophobes, I don't see how mentioning him is relevant.

What other 49ers do you think are bad influences in the locker room? (just curious)
Originally posted by SF69ers:

an ignorant statement made about one of our own. yes, cully made a mistake, but guess what....he's owning up to it. not only did he apologize for his remarks, but he's attending classes and joining programs to learn more about the gay community.

You're funny. You think Culliver voluntarily enrolled in those classes?? Not ALL 49ers are great people. My comments are not ignorant. They simply point out the truth. You are obviously a blind homer that can't see people for what they are or portray themselves to be.

And how do you know that he didn't voluntarily do it to right his wrong? You're making these judgments as if you knew they were facts. LOL at you pointing out the truth like you were the one that told him to take the classes.

I'm a blind homer? give me a fckin break. you don't even know me. If I was a blind homer, I would have made excuses for EVERY bad game Alex Smith had, but I didn't. Same with all our players. I'm here arguing how Da'Rick Rogers could help this team and how our players can help him mature. You found it necessary to point out a "bad apple" on our team and act as if he can't grow. It's childish.
Bad argument. We are also winning now without Joe Montana. So what? You draft players that can help you win now.

Does our future depend on us drafting Da'Rick Rogers? Of course not. But you could say that about anybody in any draft.

How so? My argument is that Rogers can also potentially hurt our team just like TO. You said that "No one" can tell you they would not draft a young TO. I just told you I wouldn't and why.

Ok, then I just didn't understand your argument. It SOUNDED like you were using the fact that we are winning now (a decade later) without TO as a reason why we shouldn't draft Rogers.

If instead, you are saying that TOs off-the-field harm to the team made him an overall bad draft pick... I strongly disagree. He was one of the best WRs of all time and we would not have had nearly as much success as we did in the late 90's without him.

I would draft TO again. No question. Rogers reminds me a lot of TO. So I certainly wouldn't hesitate to draft Rogers as well.... especially in rounds 2 or 3.

You called him an idiot that can lead rookies "the wrong way". Unless you are worried about Culliver turning our draft picks into homophobes, I don't see how mentioning him is relevant.

What other 49ers do you think are bad influences in the locker room? (just curious)

I'm not sure. When another one chooses the biggest stage of his career to state obvious ignorant comments, then I will let you know. Does this sound like someone named TO? Whom you compared Rogers with. That's why it was mentioned and relivent.
Bad argument. We are also winning now without Joe Montana. So what? You draft players that can help you win now.

Does our future depend on us drafting Da'Rick Rogers? Of course not. But you could say that about anybody in any draft.

How so? My argument is that Rogers can also potentially hurt our team just like TO. You said that "No one" can tell you they would not draft a young TO. I just told you I wouldn't and why.

Ok, then I just didn't understand your argument. It SOUNDED like you were using the fact that we are winning now (a decade later) without TO as a reason why we shouldn't draft Rogers.

If instead, you are saying that TOs off-the-field harm to the team made him an overall bad draft pick... I strongly disagree. He was one of the best WRs of all time and we would not have had nearly as much success as we did in the late 90's without him.

I would draft TO again. No question. Rogers reminds me a lot of TO. So I certainly wouldn't hesitate to draft Rogers as well.... especially in rounds 2 or 3.

I think we will just have to agree to disagree. If the 49ers do draft him, I hope he turns out well. I'm just a little hesitant based on how the TO fiasco ended.

i think Anquan Boldin is a better comparison than TO, IMO

an ignorant statement made about one of our own. yes, cully made a mistake, but guess what....he's owning up to it. not only did he apologize for his remarks, but he's attending classes and joining programs to learn more about the gay community.

You're funny. You think Culliver voluntarily enrolled in those classes?? Not ALL 49ers are great people. My comments are not ignorant. They simply point out the truth. You are obviously a blind homer that can't see people for what they are or portray themselves to be.

And how do you know that he didn't voluntarily do it to right his wrong? You're making these judgments as if you knew they were facts. LOL at you pointing out the truth like you were the one that told him to take the classes.

I'm a blind homer? give me a fckin break. you don't even know me. If I was a blind homer, I would have made excuses for EVERY bad game Alex Smith had, but I didn't. Same with all our players. I'm here arguing how Da'Rick Rogers could help this team and how our players can help him mature. You found it necessary to point out a "bad apple" on our team and act as if he can't grow. It's childish.

If you want to believe Culliver or any person in the REAL world would voluntarily enroll and pay for "education" classes, be my guest. These people do it because they have to. Plain and simple. You can spin it any way you want to, but I'll never be convinced.

Ok, so it's ok for you to call my statement about Culliver ignorant? A statement, which BTW, is based on facts. If you want to think a few classes will change how you feel about a group of people then I really feel for you. If you can argue for him, I can't argue against him? I never said he can't grow. I said he can be led the wrong way as well. What's childish is you calling a different POV childish.

~ Referring to "these people", I may or may have not had to take a class during my younger years
[ Edited by 49erMike on Apr 17, 2013 at 3:05 PM ]

If you want to believe Culliver or any person in the REAL world would voluntarily enroll and pay for "education" classes, be my guest. These people do it because they have to. Plain and simple. You can spin it any way you want to, but I'll never be convinced.

Ok, so it's ok for you to call my statement about Culliver ignorant? A statement, which BTW, is based on facts. If you want to think a few classes will change how you feel about a group of people then I really feel for you. If you can argue for him, I can't argue against him? I never said he can't grow. I said he can be led the wrong way as well. What's childish is you calling a different POV childish.

You never said he can't grow but you continue to argue against him? Come on, man. Bottom line is this: Da'Rick Rogers is a talented receiver that got into trouble. He has done the work to build up his reputation, taking psych classes/quitting drugs. If he gets drafted by us, we've got the type of team that could get the very best out of him. One guy, like Culliver (who hasn't done anything "idiotic" prior to his statement on gay players), shouldn't scare off any scout about potentially leading Rogers the wrong path.

You never said he can't grow but you continue to argue against him? Come on, man. Bottom line is this: Da'Rick Rogers is a talented receiver that got into trouble. He has done the work to build up his reputation, taking psych classes/quitting drugs. If he gets drafted by us, we've got the type of team that could get the very best out of him. One guy, like Culliver (who hasn't done anything "idiotic" prior to his statement on gay players), shouldn't scare off any scout about potentially leading Rogers the wrong path.

Agree. But with this to add: Teams are/should be weary of his past. How will this kid act when he gets paid? There are other players on the 49ers that can lead Rogers down the wrong path, not just Culliver. I'm not saying these players are bad people, just bad decision makers.

I'm so ready for the draft.
People really need to get over what Culliver said. The dude is still going to be a stud corner in this league, despite a not so great superbowl week. All the people who were calling for him to get cut or traded after the superbowl need to stay off the bandwagon when hes ballin next year.

Anyways, isn't this thread about DArick Rogers? lol
Agree. But with this to add: Teams are/should be weary of his past. How will this kid act when he gets paid? There are other players on the 49ers that can lead Rogers down the wrong path, not just Culliver. I'm not saying these players are bad people, just bad decision makers.

draft is so close, i can smell it!

i guess u can say the same thing about all the prospects in the draft. even the ones that are good players on and off the field can turn the off switch once they get that paycheck. i think playing for a team like ours, that has the potential to win the SB, might encourage him in addition to playing with Q, Gore, Kaep, and Vernon.
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
People really need to get over what Culliver said. The dude is still going to be a stud corner in this league, despite a not so great superbowl week. All the people who were calling for him to get cut or traded after the superbowl need to stay off the bandwagon when hes ballin next year.

Anyways, isn't this thread about DArick Rogers? lol

Only if you promise to eat crow when he turns out to be an above average - good CB.

draft is so close, i can smell it!

i guess u can say the same thing about all the prospects in the draft. even the ones that are good players on and off the field can turn the off switch once they get that paycheck. i think playing for a team like ours, that has the potential to win the SB, might encourage him in addition to playing with Q, Gore, Kaep, and Vernon.

That's true. Maybe hes just more susceptible to those influences in my mind. I certainly wouldn't mind seeing Vernon pass his Singletary lessons down. That would actually be pretty awesome.
Share 49ersWebzone