LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 213 users in the forums

D'Rick Rogers

Ha-ha N so many on here wanted this kid in tha 2nd N 3rd what a wasted pick that would have been
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
Ha-ha N so many on here wanted this kid in tha 2nd N 3rd what a wasted pick that would have been

Fans can only see his skills. Nobody has access to his coaches, interviews and can say what his mental makeup looks like. If someone plays like a 3rd rounder but slides out of the draft all together it's because he's a head case. Can't expect someone who gets his info online to know the severity.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Sep 18, 2013 at 6:34 PM ]
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
He is yet to play one game for the Colts right ?
  • buck
  • Veteran
I think he is only on their practice squad.

Wide receiver Da'Rick Rogers has signed with the Colts practice squad, according to Tom Pelissero of USA Today.

Rogers was waived by the Bills in the first round of cuts.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/09/02/colts-give-darick-rogers-a-practice-squad-chance/

Still on the practice squad

http://www.colts.com/team/roster.html
  • buck
  • Veteran
Moved today from practice squad to 53-man roster.

It's more fallout from the Dwayne Allen season-ending hip injury.

The Colts are going to use more three-wide formations now, so they need talented bodies behind Reggie Wayne, T.Y. Hilton and Darrius Heyward-Bey (shoulder). Rogers is certainly that.

Despite getting cut by the Bills and going unclaimed on waivers in August, his game-tape from college and measureables are impressive. Rogers is a Dynasty hold and needs to be on deeper re-draft watch lists as well.

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/270148/colts-promote-darick-rogers-to-active-roster
Phil Richards ‏@PhilRichards65m
Pagano: Da'Rick Rogers will be active for the first time. "He's going to get his shot."
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by crabman82:
Phil Richards ‏@PhilRichards65m
Pagano: Da'Rick Rogers will be active for the first time. "He's going to get his shot."

I wish him the best of luck.

So far, he has exceeded my expectations, which obviously were not very high.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:

Fans can only see his skills. Nobody has access to his coaches, interviews and can say what his mental makeup looks like. If someone plays like a 3rd rounder but slides out of the draft all together it's because he's a head case. Can't expect someone who gets his info online to know the severity.

If you really spend some time, you really can get a good sense of who is a serious head case.
In this guy's case his problems were pretty obvious.
Think about it. $6K a week!

When George Bernard Shaw said the problem with youth is that, "Youth is wasted on the young." he wasn't kidding.

Da'Rick may wake up one day and realize, like so many, how he screwed himself.
finally gets an opportunity with a team that has a pretty good foundation and a legit shot at the playoffs

Originally posted by buck:
If you really spend some time, you really can get a good sense of who is a serious head case.

We all don't have time to pretend to be Mike Mayock. His on field skills came out yesterday. Personally I'll live with the Josh Gordon's of the world and hope they can eventually pull their head of their ***.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Dec 9, 2013 at 3:09 PM ]
6 catches, 107 yards, 2 TDs. He's produced more in 1 game than any other WR on our roster, not named Boldin, has all season.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Originally posted by buck:

We all don't have time to pretend to be Mike Mayock. His on field skills came out yesterday. Personally I'll live with the Josh Gordon's of the world and hope they can eventually pull their head of their ***.

OK, I have time, but in no way I am pretending to be Mike Mayock?
Originally posted by Travisty13:
6 catches, 107 yards, 2 TDs. He's produced more in 1 game than any other WR on our roster, not named Boldin, has all season.

It was a good game, only time will tell how he moves forward from here, whether or not he keeps his nose clean and has a firm handle on his issues or if he'll let the short-term success go to his head. He truly has 1st round talent but a penny brain, if he can keep it together, Indy would have a hell of a combination with Rogers and Hilton, speed and power.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Travisty13:

It was a good game, only time will tell how he moves forward from here, whether or not he keeps his nose clean and has a firm handle on his issues or if he'll let the short-term success go to his head. He truly has 1st round talent but a penny brain, if he can keep it together, Indy would have a hell of a combination with Rogers and Hilton, speed and power.

I agree. I was one who thought we should take a flier on him. Our locker room seems like one that could have grounded him. Boldin mentoring the young buck on how to be a professional and how up to work everyday seems interesting to imagine. It'll be curious to see if that game was just a flash in the pan or just the tip of the iceberg (alot of cliches right there).
Share 49ersWebzone