There are 279 users in the forums

Mock Mock

One of the best mocks I've seen.
First 3 picks are awesome. The rest are not bad either. Great job
[ Edited by kronik on Apr 16, 2013 at 10:50 PM ]
Very good mock. Only thing that concerns me..........................that is still a TON of picks. I think the front office will parlay some of the picks to future picks in trades, but this group of players would be great additions to the Niners roster.
Great mock!!!
I like it. I really like trading the 1st rd pick for two later round picks where we can pick up a ton of value at that part of the draft.
  • Andra
  • Veteran
Does anyone like Dan Giordano or Joe Kruger as later round DE pickups
This draft would be money!
Originally posted by jacklegniner:

Perfect! It makes me feel like I don't have to do a mock myself.
Tank, Kelce, Amerson are guys that I think will be outstanding!

I agree that NT might not be a priority with the front office. We didn't rotate guys out last year so Ian and Dorsey will probably be enough. Add Pass Rushers and guys that can give Justin, Aldon, Brooks and Ray Mac some help and breathers.

From are previous drafts with Baalke, we have drafted a lot of guys that came in for a visit or we had an interview with. It's something that I was going to do for my mock but your is perfectly loaded with those players.
Yeah I especially think Tank and Amerson will be beasts

Originally posted by FunkNinerFlex:
My favorite mock.

I can see some team with multiple 6th and 7th round picks (Seattle and Philly I believe) taking a chance on Lawrence Okoye in the 6th round. 6th round round picks don't get paid much over 4 years.
Thanks. Yeah I could definitely see wack ass Seattle taking Okoye, even with all the DEs they've already added.

Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
Good draft just not sure of tank everything I've read on him is saying a 4-3 DE ... I thought Collins shot up his stock over heard late first to mid second on him ... no O-line help we need a swing tackle ...like tha Duke pick he's growing on me even though my favorite late rounder is Eric wolff... N as a defense first Guy luv u went heavy defense A on that ...
I think Tank is one of those guys that can play multiple positions. 4-3 DE, 3-4 DE, 3-4 OLB, etc. We are said to have interest. Barrows just wrote an article yesterday about us being interested. Also stated J Smith was 282 pounds when he came here in 08. Carradine is basically the same size and is strong as s**t. Think he's more than capable of holding his own as a 3-4 DE, especially when given a couple years to develop into that position. He'll be a situational player year 1 with us.

I do agree, we probably will draft a swing tackle.

And yeah defense wins championships. Also loses championships. f**kin Donte Whitner can't guard a damn thing!

Originally posted by RishikeshA:
I think Tank is the steal of the draft. The idea of trading down is a good idea, picks 30-45 are pretty close.
Agreed. I think he's the closest thing to JJ Watt in this draft.

Originally posted by BigBug415:
One of the best mocks I've seen.

Thanks!
Originally posted by kronik:
First 3 picks are awesome. The rest are not bad either. Great job
Thank you.

Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Very good mock. Only thing that concerns me..........................that is still a TON of picks. I think the front office will parlay some of the picks to future picks in trades, but this group of players would be great additions to the Niners roster.

Yeah you're right. I think well end up drafting like 10 guys really.
Originally posted by Irish40Niner:
Great mock!!!
Thanks!

Originally posted by kentc1978:
I like it. I really like trading the 1st rd pick for two later round picks where we can pick up a ton of value at that part of the draft.

Yeah I keep hearing over and over again all the value is in rounds 2-4. There is not much of a difference in talent between the 20th overall pick and the 80th overall pick. Stockpiling picks in rounds 2-4 seems like the smartest way to go.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
This draft would be money!

Hell yeah!
I normally just look around here, but I created an account just so I can reply to you and tell you, this is the best mock draft Ive seen.

Carradine is powerful, an animal.

I love Amerson, I think hes gonna go early 2nd, even late first. Dude is a stud and teams wont pass on him. I wouldnt be mad if we took him 31. 34 seems just right, dont think he makes it to 61 though.

Hayden is nice, Kelsey, Collins, and Wheaton are all excellent value picks and will contribute.

Matthieu, Lattimore, Duke Williams, and Okoye are projects that could certainly pay off.

All in all, great mock.
[ Edited by Dave1 on Apr 17, 2013 at 1:06 PM ]
Originally posted by Dave1:
I normally just look around here, but I created an account just so I can reply to you and tell you, this is the best mock draft Ive seen.

Carradine is powerful, an animal.

I love Amerson, I think hes gonna go early 2nd, even late first. Dude is a stud and teams wont pass on him. I wouldnt be mad if we took him 31. 34 seems just right, dont think he makes it to 61 though.

Hayden is nice, Kelsey, Collins, and Wheaton are all excellent value picks and will contribute.

Matthieu, Lattimore, Duke Williams, and Okoye are projects that could certainly pay off.

All in all, great mock.

Thank you. I appreciate that. Yeah Amerson probably goes before 61. I'm hoping he falls because of his poor season last year. He got beat a lot because he was too aggressive and biting on double moves, trying to get picks.

Share 49ersWebzone