Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:
1) The team doesn't like early safeties and plans on drafting a few later in the draft
2) The team plans to use a late 2nd on a CB, and knows a good one will be available (Hayden, Alford, Wreh-Wilson, Matheau, etc.)
3) The team plans on using most of the 14 picks. I'm guessing at least 10
4) Risks will be taken (Patterson, Matheu, Hayden, Kelce). With so many draft picks and enough talent already on the team, a few medical/character risks are likely
5) DL is not as big of a concern to the team as the media thinks. The team will not reach for a DE
6) A NT will not be taken, or will be taken late. As pointed out earlier, the NT simply doesn't play in our system enough to warrant an early pick
7) At least 3-4 DBs will be drafted
8) Offense will be targeted earlier than most think
10) The team will look for small school, late round OTs, as they have done in the past
11) Pass rush is a bigger need than the media realizes. Don't be surprised to see an OLB taken early (top 5 picks)
12) No QB, no interior OL
I have reasons for all these guesses, but they are obviously just guesses :)
1. absolutely can happen ( deep safety draft)
2. may be.. but. i can see a surprise OLB here (Like everyone's favorite J. Collins)
3. Yes. we gonna need extra bodies next year
4. They better . Now is the time for risk taking... and we have the opportunity to get away with it
5. As much I hate this I think I have to agree with u . we got Dorsey and have Williams , they may wait another year for Justin replacement. but someone falls they will draft him.
6. yes. same as 5
7. yes. atleast 2 , and some undrafted
8. that may be the surprise this year , when it seems we have really big needs on defense , but the draft is deep defensively.
9. wait .. where is 9.. ok i will give u 9.. more like a suggestion. why dont he get the 7 rounders and turn them into 6 or even 5 rounders next year , i hope we invest into our future drafts as we have done before.
10. dont care..
11. Totally. see my 2
12. dont care. hope so