Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:
1) The team doesn't like early safeties and plans on drafting a few later in the draft
2) The team plans to use a late 2nd on a CB, and knows a good one will be available (Hayden, Alford, Wreh-Wilson, Matheau, etc.)
3) The team plans on using most of the 14 picks. I'm guessing at least 10
4) Risks will be taken (Patterson, Matheu, Hayden, Kelce). With so many draft picks and enough talent already on the team, a few medical/character risks are likely
5) DL is not as big of a concern to the team as the media thinks. The team will not reach for a DE
6) A NT will not be taken, or will be taken late. As pointed out earlier, the NT simply doesn't play in our system enough to warrant an early pick
7) At least 3-4 DBs will be drafted
8) Offense will be targeted earlier than most think
10) The team will look for small school, late round OTs, as they have done in the past
11) Pass rush is a bigger need than the media realizes. Don't be surprised to see an OLB taken early (top 5 picks)
12) No QB, no interior OL
I have reasons for all these guesses, but they are obviously just guesses :)
1. Baalke has only been on the job two years. What the team has done in the past now longer applies..
2. Possibly--but maybe later.
3. Yes, I also think we will take around 10 players.
4. Baalke puts good medicals and character pretty high on his list of qualifications, but maybe one like Hayden if he gets a good medical.
5. I do not the team will reach
for a defensive end either, but I do think the team will draft one early and maybe one late. .
6. Nose tackle played almost 50% of snaps last year. I think we take a nose tackle.
7. Yes. I agree.
8. I agree at least a tight end.
9. ???? you have no nine on your list
10. I think I agree. Offensive tackle in mid (4th) or late round (5th, 6th, or 7th)
11. I agree wholeheartedly. Maybe Jaime Collins in the third.
12. yes and yes.
[ Edited by buck on Apr 16, 2013 at 12:57 AM ]