Sorry for the delay, folks. Thanks to the 31
people who participated. Finally ready to announce the results. But first, some honorable mentions:
- I'm tempted to say "woe is me" for putting Marquardt and Okoye only to have the team sign them as UDFA, but the truth is several contestants listed them, particularly Okoye, who was a popular choice. I want to single out KezarLivin and pwillis52beasty, who took fliers on MarQuies Gray and Patrick Omameh, respectively. They finished with 2 points and 3 points, just out of the money, but that is some fine digging, fellas! If we had drafted Omameh where we drafted Bykowski, pwillis52beasty would be our champ.
- Much to my surprise (because I didn't look through all the entries until just now), four contestants had the wherewithal to list a player I had to google immediately upon his selection, Quinton Dial: TexasNiner, niners9, m_brockalexander, BigYellowKahuna. For the latter two contestants, Dial was their only correct pick!
- Speaking of "only correct pick," nine contestants came in with exactly 1 point. The most popular savior pick among these woeful entries was Lattimore, who bailed out three contestants (Vasco49er, IdahoNiner, smithc28). Reid, like Dial, showed up in two such entries (ChaunceyGardner, genewashingtonnj). Yours truly was the only poor b*****d whose only correct pick was Vance McDonald (in total, five people listed McDonald).
- I saved the best for last, among the 1-point entries. highway49, through some miracle, got every single pick wrong except Marcus freakin Cooper! Wow. This guy made some obscure picks, but at least one panned out with the 49ers' version of Mr. Irrelevant.
- I am saddened to report that, yes, one person (out of 31, not bad) was shut out. 9moon, please stand up. In his defense, he was also the only contestant to stop at 19 guesses. If you had just made one more pick, you had 11 chances at getting it right, bro.
- Finally, before moving on to the finalists, an honorable mention shout-out to the six contestants who tied for the second-highest total with 3: AllTimeGreat, theninermaniac, blm7754, pwillis52beasty, OldJoe, miked1978. The six entries were remarkably similar, as all six listed Carradine, and five each went with Reid and Lattimore. Based on our tiebreaker rules the latest pick any of them got was Lattimore, but that still produces a five-way tie. AllTimeGreat leads this pack on the second tiebreaker, by being the only one of the five Lattimore-pickers to go Tank/McDonald/Lattimore rather than Reid/Tank/Lattimore.
- Now without further ado, I present to you the four contestants who scored 4 points:
4th place: NinerBuff
(Eric Reid, Tank Carradine, Corey Lemonier, Quinton Patton)
3rd place: WRATHman44
(Eric Reid, Tank Carradine, Vance McDonald, Marcus Lattimore)
2nd place: Gore_21
(Eric Reid, Tank Carradine, Quinton Patton, Marcus Lattimore)
GRAND PRIZE WINNER
1st place: TexasNiner
(Eric Reid, Tank Carradine, Quinton Patton, Quinton Dial)
Disclaimer: The foregoing is subject to revision if someone correctly points out a scorekeeping error on my behalf.