There are 74 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

I have a serious "Man Crush" on Marqise Lee

Not impressed with those highlights he did seem to be able to switch gears very well tracking the ball but, meh
I think he's this years Keenan Allen. I don't think he slips as far as he did though.
Originally posted by sf_nicoya:
When comparing their hands Evans high points the ball while Lee traps it against his body. He doesn't naturally look to catch the ball with his hands. Marqise Lee had one of the highest drop percentages of all the top prospects with 12.31% of his passes dropped while Evans had the second lowest at 4.29%.

Once the ball is in his hands he is ridiculous, but when you have a qb like Kap who throws lasers you dont want a wide receiver who doesn't utilize their hands to catch away from their body.

Lee had a pretty subpar season last year. Some of it was injuries, some of it was a new (and much worse) QB, and some of it was Lane Kiffin. So he had a lot of drops. When 100% though, I think most of those drops don't happen.

He should have come out last year....if he had, he would have been a Top 5 pick or better.
USC wr's suck in the nfl lol
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
No crush on Michael Sam?
i was surprised to find this but somebody made a video pointing out exactly what i was talking about with marqise lee. he isnt a natural hands catcher and looks to trap everything with his body. this is a pretty big flaw and will be a big problem at the pro level. if you want to see what a good example of a natural hands catcher and a guy who fully extends his arms to attack the ball at its highest point check out jarvis landry.

[ Edited by sf_nicoya on Apr 26, 2014 at 8:55 PM ]
Im not a fan before the late 2nd. He's slightly overrated imo.
bust
Too AJ-esque.
oh hell no lol
Originally posted by btthepunk:
I think he's this years Keenan Allen. I don't think he slips as far as he did though.
I can understand preferring one WR over another for certain reasons, needs, fit, etc. But the claim that Marqise Lee is a poor WR or a future bust seems pretty untenable to me. He is one of the most competitive, well-rounded, polished WR's in the draft. He makes plays at every level of the field, has awesome sideline awareness, great body-control, and is a threat to make something happen every time he touches the ball. He had a down year last year for a number of reasons, but watch the Stanford game: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWIL_futp44 That is one hell of a WR. While they are not the exact same kind of WR, the Keenen Allen analogy above is an apt one. I don't know if it will be the Niners, but somebody will get a very good WR in Lee.
Originally posted by Jbniner:
I can understand preferring one WR over another for certain reasons, needs, fit, etc. But the claim that Marqise Lee is a poor WR or a future bust seems pretty untenable to me. He is one of the most competitive, well-rounded, polished WR's in the draft. He makes plays at every level of the field, has awesome sideline awareness, great body-control, and is a threat to make something happen every time he touches the ball. He had a down year last year for a number of reasons, but watch the Stanford game: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWIL_futp44 That is one hell of a WR. While they are not the exact same kind of WR, the Keenen Allen analogy above is an apt one. I don't know if it will be the Niners, but somebody will get a very good WR in Lee.

What year did you graduate from USC? Dude is alright, but I don't think he is as good as Allen. I think the reason he had a down year is because Allen wasn't drawing coverage from him.
woods played with lee not allen. allen went to cal
Originally posted by Scoots:
woods played with lee not allen. allen went to cal
Yep my bad it was Robert Woods, thanks Scoots!
I'm a USC alum and will tell you to stay AWAY from Lee. He's very good, very injury prone, and not very fast. Lee's an Awesome college player but I have major doubts regarding his ability to transition. The other reason I have doubts about Lee is Agular was the better receiver towards the end of last year.