LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 304 users in the forums

Eric Martin, Late round ST/OLB sleeper. ETA: Now with moar Ace/ST discussion.

We need to rebuild the ST IMO, and get more from our depth, and the later round picks that will be sitting the bench otherwise should be used for those needs IMO. Last season i wasnt happy with some of the picks because i didnt feel they addressed some of the losses on ST by adding players that offer st versitility in the later rounds.

Eric Marin offers just that. Good kid, hard worker, smart. 59 tackles 8.5 sacks 18 TFL's 13 hurrys last season. Really like eric martin. He is a later round pick, with insane special teams ability. He also would add a nice developmental guy for the rotation.

Another guy i would really like to add later is Ace Sanders, again for ST ability, and development as a slot WR. There has been alot of talk about Ace, but very little if any about Eric, so here i bring you Eric Martin.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1457606-nebraska-football-why-eric-martin-will-be-most-missed-senior

warning, these hits are brutal.

[ Edited by IdahoNiner on Apr 15, 2013 at 3:26 AM ]
Nice find
Ace is a tiny Guy don't we have enough of them by now? ???
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
Ace is a tiny Guy don't we have enough of them by now? ???

With Aces skillset? No.

Is there anyone in the draft that interests you? I havent seen you leave one constructive comment in the draft room since you started posting here. Any comments about Martin?
I don't like ace , poor mans LMJ
You're promoting a prospect by showing a vicious dirty hit that the guy celebrated by strutting over the corpse?
[ Edited by LieutKaffee on Apr 14, 2013 at 9:36 PM ]
Originally posted by LieutKaffee:
You're promoting a prospect by showing a vicious dirty hit that the guy celebrated by strutting over the corpse?

Please explain how it was dirty if you are refering to the first video? The second video i would agree it was uestionable with the helmet to helmet but i dont think it was intended. Just a consequence of going full speed on ST. I ould rather have a guy that has no remorse and doesnt half ass it on special teams than one that shys aay from contact. Vicious, yes the guy is vicious and thats why i like him. Its football, its not a finesse sport. The anounced in the first video is an idiot. That first video was a clean hit. Was it questionable to stand over the downed player? yes. But i like it. Its nasty. Its like when a prize fighter stands over his downed oponent. Its adrenaline and swagger. Hes a good kid by all accounts. Not a dirty player. Just no remorse when it comes to fottball. We have alot of nice guys on this team, we could use a high character guy with a bit of nastyness.
So u have seen everyone of my 468 now 469 posts? ?? N I have said good things about picks or players I like sry I ain't on everyone flash in tha pants player like everybody else is ...
Originally posted by Wheelz29:
I don't like ace , poor mans LMJ

I have never seen LMJ break legs like Ace sanders. Hes not half the PR man Ace sanders is, and cant catch the football like Ace either.

LMJ has good lateral movment, but doesnt snap ankles like Ace. LMJ is more elusive.

Two differant players, playing two differant positions offering two different skillsets. LMJ is not the return man Ace Sanders is.
So u have seen everyone of my 468 now 469 posts? ?? N I have said good things about picks or players I like sry I ain't on everyone flash in tha pants player like everybody else is ...

Ill await your mock draft and player rankings. One that is realistic. Not trading 5 picks to move up 5 spots to get Datone.
[ Edited by IdahoNiner on Apr 14, 2013 at 9:57 PM ]

Originally posted by IdahoNiner:

Please explain how it was dirty if you are refering to the first video? The second video i would agree it was uestionable with the helmet to helmet but i dont think it was intended. Just a consequence of going full speed on ST. I ould rather have a guy that has no remorse and doesnt half ass it on special teams than one that shys aay from contact. Vicious, yes the guy is vicious and thats why i like him. Its football, its not a finesse sport. The anounced in the first video is an idiot. That first video was a clean hit. Was it questionable to stand over the downed player? yes. But i like it. Its nasty. Its like when a prize fighter stands over his downed oponent. Its adrenaline and swagger. Hes a good kid by all accounts. Not a dirty player. Just no remorse when it comes to fottball. We have alot of nice guys on this team, we could use a high character guy with a bit of nastyness.

On the first hit he launched AND led with the helmet, to the other guy's helmet. I'd want him suspended if I saw that in an NFL game.

Ill await your mock draft and player rankings.

Its on page two called best mock draft your not mocking can't wait for ur comments...never done a player ranking don't watch much college ball so mostly read draft N scouting reports ...
Totally on board with finding a return man in this draft. Maybe Ace Sanders is the guy. As far as I can tell, Kyle Williams curently tops our PR depth chart (with LMJ atop the KR list), and frankly I think it's time to move on from that. Even when Williams's hands and decision-making are up to par, he's an average PR man at best.
Totally on board with finding a return man in this draft. Maybe Ace Sanders is the guy. As far as I can tell, Kyle Williams curently tops our PR depth chart (with LMJ atop the KR list), and frankly I think it's time to move on from that. Even when Williams's hands and decision-making are up to par, he's an average PR man at best.

I kind of find it funny and ironic that people are content with KW returning.

On the first hit he launched AND led with the helmet, to the other guy's helmet. I'd want him suspended if I saw that in an NFL game.

Please. If it was Goldson or whitner people would be ranting and raving about the hit. Its football. He was attempting to get his shoulder on the player, but when your going full speed on ST hat happened is always a possibility. In the second video the player lower his helmet to brace for impact. Had he not dropped down the impact would have happened in the shoulder/chest area. I dunno, i guess you have an arguement, but its football. Its a brutal sport. I dont think he was intentionally trying to be a dirty player. I like him, and besides his ST ability, he had a damn good year with his hand in the dirt.
Share 49ersWebzone