There are 254 users in the forums

my last mock as well......

• krizay
  • Veteran
#31 and and #128 traded to Buffalo for #41, #71 and a 2nd in 2014 so they can draft Nassib
#34 Keenan Allen WR
#41 John jenkins DT/DE
#61 Philip Thomas S
#71 Gavin Escobar TE
#74 Tyrann Mathieu CB
#93 Josh Evans S
#131 Xavier Nixon OT
#157 traded for a 4th in 2014
#173 traded for a 5th in 2014
#180 Anthony McCloud DT/DE
#237 Rex Burkhead RB
#246 Collin Kline QB
#252 Nate Montana QB
Colin Klein AND Nate Montana? Having a Montana on the team would be poetic and all but that is a total waste of two picks.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Colin Klein AND Nate Montana? Having a Montana on the team would be poetic and all but that is a total waste of two picks.

Well Collin would be an "eh why jot project" While Well, Montana would be just a sentimental gesture if you will. But in all seriousness, what in the world we going to do with those last 2-3 picks anyway? Those picks will be camp fodder regardless.
Do you really want a guy who stopped counting after he failed 10 drug tests??

I fail to see the logic in trading down to pick up a pick in 2014. The Niners are in win now mode. IF anything I would support trading all of the picks in rounds 4,5,6,7 (exception of 3 compensatory) to move up for one pick in round 3.
Ur tradeis h*lla unrealistic N not one pick I like F-
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9erred:

I fail to see the logic in trading down to pick up a pick in 2014. The Niners are in win now mode. IF anything I would support trading all of the picks in rounds 4,5,6,7 (exception of 3 compensatory) to move up for one pick in round 3.

I'd be ok with picking Kennan Allen if he fell that far. He's a big target with great hands and was very productive. With Crabtree nearing the end of his deal and Boldin only on a 1 year deal, Allen would be a solid pick.

I'm mixed on John Jenkins. 41 is too high for a fat ass nose tackle. I'd prefer a project DE... someone with pass rush ability that has the potential to play in our defensive scheme as Justin Smith's heir. Alex Okafor or Tank Carrdine would be great here.

Other picks are good. I'd only take Mathieu is BW Webb is gone. I'd take a small school talent eager to prove himself over a guy like Honey Bager any day.
I like a few of the picks, but not a fan overall.
First 6

After that
Wouldn't both Thomas and Evans be free safeties'? I like the idea of drafting a free safety that can play this year, and a strong safety who can take over for Whitner next year.
[ Edited by GorefullBore on Apr 14, 2013 at 6:52 PM ]

Originally posted by 9erred:

Because it's Baalke. He will do what is best and build the team by adding more picks. We can only carry maybe 6-8 rookies when final 53 is done in September, so why not try and get an extra 1 or 2 in 2014. I love trading for future picks.
I hope some of your mock becomes reality.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GorefullBore:
Wouldn't both Thomas and Evans be free safeties'? I like the idea of drafting a free safety that can play this year, and a strong safety who can take over for Whitner next year.

By definition, yes. But both can hit. problem with the traditional, thumper and roamer iswhen you have t hae the thumper coverage. You have them getting beat by everyone in the superbowl
[ Edited by krizay on Apr 14, 2013 at 7:40 PM ]
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:

I live on the east coast all my life and never heard of the word hella until August when my now neighbor moved from San Fran. On Tuesday I found out I am moving to San Fran in October. I can't wait to get there. I am tired of routing for the away team when I go to games.
Go 49ers!!!
Originally posted by juycho:
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:

I live on the east coast all my life and never heard of the word hella until August when my now neighbor moved from San Fran. On Tuesday I found out I am moving to San Fran in October. I can't wait to get there. I am tired of routing for the away team when I go to games.
Go 49ers!!!

Lol yea think its a Cali thing even my friend frm tha south never heard of it til me...
Share 49ersWebzone