There are 64 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

JbNiner's Draft of Destruction REVISED

Here is a revised version of the mock from the other day. I agree with some of you that we need to get something back for next year, so I found a way to get us a 5th and 6th for 2014. I also agree that taking Patterson at 15 was too high/expensive, so I have us taking him at 20 now.

*1(31): trade to Jets for #39 and 4th this year, and 5th next year
2(34): trade with 3(74), 5th, and 7th for Bears 20: WR Cordarrelle Patterson
2(39 from Jets): S Jonathan Cyprien
2(61): trade with late 4th and 6th for #52: DE John Jenkins
3(74): traded to Bears
3(93): CB Tyrann Mathieu
4(106 from Jets): TE Dion Sims
4: traded
4c: DE Quanterus Smith
5: traded
*6: trade for 6th next year
6: traded
7: traded
7c: LB Michael Mauti
7c: QB Collin Klein

*5th in 2014
*6th in 2014
[ Edited by Jbniner on Apr 17, 2013 at 6:28 AM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Man, that's alot to give up, but man I kind of liking it.
no. Just no.
Wouldn't be all that happy trading up like that for a WR... and generally dislike the either/or type of mocks. Pick someone definitively and stick by it.
WTF horrible draft no WR is worth that much ... if ur our GM u just f*cked us ...
Originally posted by mayo49:
Man, that's alot to give up, but man I kind of liking it.

It is one way of approaching it. No idea if it will be Baalke's way. It does cover the problem that we have no money or room for a load of rookies although I would like to trade at least one forward to next year.

Interesting post, though.
Would rather trade up for another 2nd and/or 3rd pick(s)! If that is possible. 1, 2, 2, 2, 3, 3, 3...now I would love to see a draft with those picks! Wouldn't want to have to pay them when their contracts all come due together...

Putting so much on one iffy player is...iffy! Yes, they may be dynamic play-makers but would they be better KR than James? The team would be giving up too much for a punt returner who is a decent receiver.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Would rather trade up for another 2nd and/or 3rd pick(s)! If that is possible. 1, 2, 2, 2, 3, 3, 3...now I would love to see a draft with those picks! Wouldn't want to have to pay them when their contracts all come due together...

Putting so much on one iffy player is...iffy! Yes, they may be dynamic play-makers but would they be better KR than James? The team would be giving up too much for a punt returner who is a decent receiver.

I'd do it for Patterson, I don't know about Austin.
Originally posted by mayo49:
I'd do it for Patterson, I don't know about Austin.

I'm generally opposed to trading much for a move up unless the player targeted is a sure thing...or as close as you can get. Jerry Rice? Yes! But Patterson or Austin? There are so many good WRs who will be available later that it seems too much for a punt returner. But I also thought Ginn was a wasted roster spot until he began scoring on returns...so what do I know! I am so very glad Baalke and Harbaugh are making these decisions instead of me!
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
I am so very glad Baalke and Harbaugh are making these decisions instead of me!

Screw that.. I would have done what it took to win us ring 6 and 7 by now...
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I agree, I'm glad Harbaalke are making these decisions not you.
TOTALLY agree that Trant/JH are in the driver's seat in the decision process.

My prediction is:

A). Trent will trade picks for next year

B). He'll trade up once and back twice

C). that Baalke will pick people who many/most in the Zone will pan. The sky is alwways falling.

D). Then these guys will turn out to be very good

Can't wait for the draft to start - as usual - this is getting WAYYYYY too long.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
TOTALLY agree that Trant/JH are in the driver's seat in the decision process.

My prediction is:

A). Trent will trade picks for next year

B). He'll trade up once and back twice

C). that Baalke will pick people who many/most in the Zone will pan. The sky is alwways falling.

D). Then these guys will turn out to be very good

Can't wait for the draft to start - as usual - this is getting WAYYYYY too long.

No question. Whatever he does the Zone is not going to like it!
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:

Get AB to run the cap, Phoenix, Maddog, AB, SunDevil, GOFD and some others to run the draft. Grab a handful of vet posters.. Marvin, you, etc, off the WZ, a few off football's future and a few off the 9ers.com board for day to day stuff and we can probably run a franchise better than the Jets, Jaguars or Raiders have recently. Not even sure if I am kidding or not.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Apr 14, 2013 at 10:35 AM ]
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:

Only 7? Not good enough!

LOL...it is fun isn't it?