Tyler Eifert
Brandon Williams
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by smithc28:
De'Andre Hopkins
Tyler Eifert
Brandon Williams

You think Eifert will still be around at 34th ?
1 - FS Kenny Vaccaro
2a - WR DeAndre Hopkins
2b - DE Sylvester Williams
3 - TE Gavin Escobar
4 - CB David Amerson
4 - WR Stedman Bailey
5 - OT/OG David Quessenberry
5 - WR/KR Ace Sanders
6 - TE Levine Toilolo
6 - LB AJ Klein
7 - SS Earl Wolf
7 - NT Montori Hughes
7 - K Dustin Hopkins

Not likely, but any of those could end up falling to around those spots, I think. Basically no chance they ALL do, but hey, this my semi-realistic-unrealistic-ideal-fantasy draft.

And yeah, I really do think we want 3 WRs and 2 TEs. I'm happy to have Jenkins, Williams and Bailey all fighting for 2 spots, with Crabtree, Boldin, and Hopkins locked in, Manningham on IR, and Sanders as a return speciallist.

And having Davis, Escobar and Toilolo as our 3 TEs sounds great to me.
1. J. Cyprien
2a. D. Jones
2b. D. Rogers
3a. T. Kelce
3b. W. Davis
Trade up and grab Tavon Austin

that dude + Kaepernick would make the read option nearly impossible to stop
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Since it's Make-Believe Land.

We trade our 31st for a first rounder next year AND we end up getting the first overall selection in next year's draft.

We end up drafting NT/DE Williams from Alabama.

We draft 3 sleeper picks who all end up starting.

We trade the retof the picks for3 second rounders next year.

Jessica Alba calls me and says she hs to have me and is comong right over - [I hope I don't cream in my pants]

AND I win Power Ball.

Considering this could end up being Johnny Manziel, the pick would be ungodly valuable.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Since it's Make-Believe Land.

We trade our 31st for a first rounder next year AND we end up getting the first overall selection in next year's draft.

We end up drafting NT/DE Williams from Alabama.

We draft 3 sleeper picks who all end up starting.

We trade the retof the picks for3 second rounders next year.

Jessica Alba calls me and says she hs to have me and is comong right over - [I hope I don't cream in my pants]

AND I win Power Ball.

Considering this could end up being Johnny Manziel, the pick would be ungodly valuable.
If Eifert just fell to us at 31. Kind of like when we drafted Crabtree. Really liked the guy but didn't expect him to make it to our pick. I don't think it is our top priority at that pick but it would be a great position to be in. Packers got blessed to when all the teams passed on Rodgers and they didn't necessarily need him.
I will cream my pants if we land both of my high-upside draft crushes.

Convert David Amerson to FS. With his 4.4 speed, his length, and his ball skills, he could become the best centerfielder in the NFL.

Lawrence Okoye. Boom or bust DE. Might never make the roster, or might become JJ Watt.
If niners was in hall of game against chiefs and I have access like last year because it was great to meet drew Brees and company

here's my best most realistic mock so far that I'd be happy with:

Round 1 Pick 31: Datone Jones DE UCLA - Adds pressure up the middle in passing situations and can rotate Smith and McDonald and keep them fresh.
Round 2 Pick 34: Eric Reid S LSU or Jonathan Cyprien S FIU - I like both of these guys and feel either of them would be worth this pick and one will be here at 34. Both are fast and rangy safeties that aren't afraid to hit, and both can play both safety positions in case we decide to part ways with Whittner. Both have the potential to start at free safety this year.
Round 2 Pick 61: Vance McDonald TE Rice (68) or Travis Kelce TE Cincinnati (70.3) Since we use 2 TE sets as much as anyone we add a playmaker and redzone threat. Both are pretty good all around tight ends
Round 3 Pick 74: David Amerson CB/S (75.2) or Darius Slay CB Mississippi State (72.2) Either of these guys adds size, speed, and play making ability to our secondary and can match up with bigger receivers.This pick allows Brown to work out of the slot more.
Round 3 Pick 93: Aaron Dobson WR Marshall (92.2) Very good hands with a tall frame and enough speed to be a deep threat outside with the potential to be a star receiver.
Round 4 Pick 128: Matt Scott QB Arizona (123) - Almost a mirror image of Kaepernick, Harbaugh can groom this guy into a solid back upjust in case
Round 4 Pick 131: David Quessenberry OL San Jose St. - Flexible offensive linemen who adds depth at tackle and guard
Round 5 Pick 157: Trevardo Williams OLB Conneticut - Great athlete with pass rushing ability to rotate in on passing downs
Round 5 Pick 175: Chris Gragg TE Arkansas - H-Back type tight end - probably best athlete at tight end in draft, more of a receiving tight end
Round 6 Pick 180: Josh Boyd NT Mississippi State - Underrated nose tackle for Tomsula to groom
Round 7 Pick 227: Rodney Smith WR Florida State - Huge wide out with decent speed and leaping ability
Round 7 Pick 246: Jeff Baca OL UCLA - Another flexible linemen with experience at tackle but primarily a guard
Round 7 Pick 252: Rashaan Melvin CB Northern Illinois - Fantastic athlete that's had his stock drop due to injuries. 6'2 with a 4.46 40 yard dash and 38 inch vertical, he also set the school record for passes defended at 17.
If... last years draft class steps up and shows us something and the guys make it through the offseason fully healthy.
The best scenario I can envision is to begin by trading #31 to the highest bidder...the goal being to get as many picks in rds 2 & 3 as possible. That's where the best talent is...between picks #20-70-ish. Loading up with at least 7 picks in the first 3 rds can get us one of the top FS, TE, DL (possibly 2), WR, CB, OLB, OT...possible 8th pick could be ILB. Whatever picks are leftover TB uses to gain picks in next year's draft.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
If we got both Eric Reid and Jonathan Banks!!!

or

If we got David Amerson and Phillip Thomas!!!

or

Jesse Williams and Eric Reid!!!

So many possibilities and the draft if so close, its making me go like this !!!!
49ers end up with Datone Jones, Jonathan Cyprien, Quinton Patton and JJ Wilcox.

Actually, just Quinton Patton is enough for me.
Share 49ersWebzone