LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 245 users in the forums

Surprise Over-Rated & Under-Rated

I alwyas like to get your opinions on guys I don't know much about. Good article and will burst some bubbles.

Please give opinions on the under rated guys and what rounds they'll be picked since I don't know al lot about them.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/0ap1000000159382/article/tavon-austin-star-lotulelei-top-nfl-drafts-overrated-prospects
Ha. It sounds like i wrote that article. I haven't been big on D. Jones, Crypien or Austin. The zone seems to love these guys. I don't necessarily think their bad players but when I watch their highlights I am not blown away. If the Niners were to take any of them I wouldn't be disappointed, I just think that there are other guys out there to be impressed with.

I haven't given Star or Nassib much attention since I don't think they are on the Niners radar.
Overrated:
I completely agree that Tavon Austin is overrated. His hype is unbelievable.

I sort of agree on Datone Jones too. He has climbed up a lot of mocks into the top 20 and even top 15. That is a little absurd to me. I think he is a late first rounder.

I disagree on Star being overrated. He can flat out dominate anybody. His endurance will improve with NFL conditioning and maturity.

Underrated:
I completely agree about DeAndre Hopkins. This dude is a baller and could be the 1st WR taken.
You can take Brooks' scouting report on Cyprien and it sounds exactly like Dashon Goldson. The guy was a Pro Bowler for us with all the same issues. Looks like he could end up in Red and Gold.
Originally posted by blm7754:
Overrated:
I completely agree that Tavon Austin is overrated. His hype is unbelievable.

I sort of agree on Datone Jones too. He has climbed up a lot of mocks into the top 20 and even top 15. That is a little absurd to me. I think he is a late first rounder.

I disagree on Star being overrated. He can flat out dominate anybody. His endurance will improve with NFL conditioning and maturity.

Underrated:
I completely agree about DeAndre Hopkins. This dude is a baller and could be the 1st WR taken.
My vote for the most intimidating looking player in this years draft. Saw a picture and swear I had a few drops trickle down my leg.
Originally posted by jacklegniner:
Ha. It sounds like i wrote that article. I haven't been big on D. Jones, Crypien or Austin. The zone seems to love these guys. I don't necessarily think their bad players but when I watch their highlights I am not blown away. If the Niners were to take any of them I wouldn't be disappointed, I just think that there are other guys out there to be impressed with.

I haven't given Star or Nassib much attention since I don't think they are on the Niners radar.

Name one person in the draft that has a more impressive highlight reel then Austin. His entire collegiate career is a highlight reel
I fully agree about Duke Williams, highly underrated player, see him as a 2nd round talent that will end up being taken in the late 3rd or 4th round.
If anything, star has become underrated.

Austin is way overrated i agree.

Cyprien im luke warm on. dont want reid.
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Originally posted by jacklegniner:

Name one person in the draft that has a more impressive highlight reel then Austin. His entire collegiate career is a highlight reel

That's true. He was productive as a mofo. So versatile. Don't expect him to be your #1 wide receiver, but if you have another guy to compliment him than he can be a great player in this league.
[ Edited by pwillis52beasty on Apr 12, 2013 at 4:43 PM ]
Hopefully people agree that Tavon and Star are overrated and they fall to us

I feel like WR Josh Boyce is underrated. Dude put up some good #s. He strong and fast.
Originally posted by gold49digger:

Word. Sounds like a good plan. We should pay all the analysts to talk about how the guys that we really want are overrated and actually suck.

Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:

Word. Sounds like a good plan. We should pay all the analysts to talk about how the guys that we really want are overrated and actually suck.

This and that!
Yeah because Bucky Brooks has made a living as a talent evaluator at the pro level. Oh wait, that's right, he's an arm chair GM just like the rest of us. Nevermind...
I like N want us to pick D.Jones I think its cause he's a need for a good backup player..after him all tha rest projected as a 3-4 DE suck even more ...
Share 49ersWebzone