There are 135 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Trade up for Tyler Eifert?

Originally posted by Irish40Niner:
I don't dislike Ertz he is solid, there's just no way I'd take him at 31 or 34. Would I take him at 61? Definitely. That Escobar kid is intriguing to me, could be a steal if we got him in the 3rd round.

I'm also intrigued by Escobar, I rather take him or kelce in the 3rd
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by Irish40Niner:
I don't dislike Ertz he is solid, there's just no way I'd take him at 31 or 34. Would I take him at 61? Definitely. That Escobar kid is intriguing to me, could be a steal if we got him in the 3rd round.

Escobar is gonna be a stud! That guy has great hands
Originally posted by Garcia:
zack ertz > tyler eifert

Only in a shortest arms contest
Eifert is much, much better than Ertz.

if he's in range, go for it.

I'd personally prefer a S and a DL with the first Teo picks, but if we can snag Eifert...cool!
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:

I agree, I get the feeling one of these guys will be our choice at TE. Leaning more towards Escobar.
I think with Eifert defenses wont be able to double up on VD which helped a lot of teams last year
I see a lot of mocks with the Falcons taking Eifert at #30.......that would suck to see that happen considering they're already loaded on offense
hell no
that requires to much Eifert
4 days until the draft...hoping that Eifert is wearing a Niner draft cap
Both Eifert and Ertz are top-drawer TE's...however, neither is worth trading up for, IMHO. The depth is good for that position this year...but it really depends how high Baalke/Harbaugh rate these guys. I think Ertz is the better playmaker of the two, but especially if there's a run on QB's in the 1st rd, Zach could fall to #31 easily enough or even #34. I think Baalke should trade to gain more picks in the 1st 3 rds...whether he ends up with Ertz or Eifert at all. So, if it was me running the draft, I'd trade #31 to get another 2nd rd pick.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I think they go Safety, DL first. 61 is where I see the TE going. Kelche and Escobar should be available there.
Originally posted by susweel:
that requires to much Eifert

We can do A LOT better.

Especially if we're trading up.

DE/S are our best bets. IMO
reading that Eifert might be drafted in the top ten(Browns at 6) so we might not have a chance to trade up..,....guy is a BLUE chip prospect that is completely worth moving up for at the right price....i think he is far and away the best TE in his class.