Trade up for Tyler Eifert?

Originally posted by Garcia:
zack ertz > tyler eifert

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

IM CRYING
Originally posted by 9erred:
Ertz > Eifert

OH GAWD, MAKE IT STOP
Ertz is honestly no where near as good as Eifert is. Especially with his T-Rex arms.
Originally posted by xela510:
Ertz is honestly no where near as good as Eifert is. Especially with his T-Rex arms.

A first or second round TE OR WR is a wasted N luxury pick... we need defense this is a defense strong class I really hope we take advantage of it...
I agree this defensive class is strong and has a lot of depth meaning that if we have the opportunity to pick a BLUE chip player at his position like Eifert then theres no reason to not make that move. Secondly, the talent gap between the safeties this year seems extremely small meaning we can still get quality in the 2nd and 3rd rds which btw I see the 49ers being extremely aggressive in picking up Dlineman and DBs.
If the 49ers are going to trade up...it will not be for a receiving TE. Regardless if it's Ertz or Eifert.

Eifert is nothing more than this year's Coby Fleener. The Bay Area slurpfest has to stop at some point...
If it is only a trade into the early/mid 20's, then I'm good with trading up for Eifert. We would still have good picks to burn on S and DL. Quality over quantity.
Originally posted by Garcia:
zack ertz > tyler eifert

False.
While I agree we have bigger needs, I wouldn't be opposed to drafting Eifert. The kid is a monster, check the the game vs Alabama for proof. He was one of three players on ND's entire team that didn't look out of place vs Alabama. ND TEs>>> Stanford TEs. No bias either, look up current TEs from both schools and compare...

I wouldn't go that high for a tight end. Escobar will be available in the 3rd.
  • RedAu
  • Veteran
Whats easier to find a D. Walker replacement or the heir for J. Smith? Just say no to WRs and TEs in first.
Originally posted by RedAu:
Whats easier to find a D. Walker replacement or the heir for J. Smith? Just say no to WRs and TEs in first.

The problem with that type of thinking is Justin Smith is a special player and you just can't find one in the draft every year.

If you want another Ray McDonald we can get that, but good luck getting the next Justin Smith. We have just as good of a shot as landing the next Calvin Johnson.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Apr 12, 2013 at 7:45 AM ]
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
A first or second round TE OR WR is a wasted N luxury pick... we need defense this is a defense strong class I really hope we take advantage of it...

TE and WR are not luxury picks, they are just as necessary as pretty much any other need we have. The way the boards are looking, it will probably be defense at 31 and 34. But after that, it's a crap shoot.

Personally, I hope we use picks 61 and 74 to address TE and WR. Da'Rick Rogers, Aaron Dobson, Travis Kelce, and Gavin Escobar all should be available in that range.
If I can add my 2 cents to this thread there is no way we would ever trade up for a TE for the same reason we didn't take Colby Fleener last year. We have Vernon Davis. All we need is a third for fourth round TE to compliment VD. No need to create any 1 and 1a TE controversy . We saw how that worked out with Delanie Walker leaving for more money. Besides we have this guy.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-fantasy/0ap2000000116483/QB-Kaepernick-to-TE-Celek-35-yd-pass
Share 49ersWebzone