There are 209 users in the forums

Trade up for Tyler Eifert?

I was thinking that trading up with the Patriots(Pats have like 5 picks in this year's draft if the Emmanuel Sanders deal goes through) in the 1st rd to the 29th pick would make sense if we wanted to secure our pick for Tyler Eifert. The Falcons will be looking for a replacement for Tony G. and I would hate to see that offense get a guy like Eifert because that WR corps is already grossly stacked and they are currently one of our main rivals.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
zack ertz > tyler eifert
No. Plenty of depth at TE in the draft. Not worth trading up for.
Can he play DL?...or maybe FS?
I think Eifert could really help end our redzone woes.......I like Ertz but I think Eifert is the more dynamic player and would stretch the middle of the field which would be perfect for Crab or VD on a quick slant.
Originally posted by gold49digger:
No. Plenty of depth at TE in the draft. Not worth trading up for.

Ertz > Eifert

Escobar is climbing boards
Travis Kelce looking good
Dion Sims strong out of Michigian.
Jordan Reed out of Florida.

One of these will fall to the Panthers pick in round 3.

Pick 31- De
Pick 34 Safety
Pick 59 - WR
Pick 75 TE
Could be worth it but I feel if we'd trade up it would be for a safety or pass rusher. Maybe a wide out if one we liked fell.
Yes, it makes sense if Eifert is a player we really want. A small trade up like that won't cost anymore than a 4th rounder and we don't even have the room cap or roster to keep these picks.

2nd round we could still end up with Cyprien and Jesse Williams. It's a deep DT tackle class. Jenkins and Williams are at risk at falling.
I'm ok with this, Eifert looks polished to me, a can't miss player.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
I don't see the need if we can get Zach Ertz at 34th. To me, Eifert and Ertz are very close, in fact I might even have a slight preference on Ertz to be honest.

Too many good TEs in the 2nd and 3rd round to give up multiple premium picks for Eifert.
if we were to trade up two spots it would be for a 4th or a 5th rd + pick 31....seems pretty reasonable especially with the fact we have so many picks
Originally posted by floydyniner:
if we were to trade up two spots it would be for a 4th or a 5th rd + pick 31....seems pretty reasonable especially with the fact we have so many picks

I confess I didn't read your OP closely enough to realize you were only talking about two slots. Eifert has been a little all over the place in mocks, often going in the teens or early 20s, but also I've seen a few mocks now where he falls all the way to 31. I'm still not convinced he's going to be a significantly better pro than Ertz or Kelce, and that makes me want to use those first two picks on a premium DL and S.

Then again, if all my draft crushes (notably Datone Jones and Cyprien) are off the board, and Eifert is sliding, I'd be more into the idea.
If it was a reasonable trade I would be all for it. He is on a different level from the rest of the TE class with his ability to highpoint the ball in traffic.
Honestly to many Bay Area homers in this thread. I would not trade up for Eifert, but Eifert > Ertz. ND doesn't highlight their TE like Stanford does.
Share 49ersWebzone