Originally posted by Crazy49er1313:
Awesome as always MD
Looking to write up a mock this weekend, wanted to ask you your opinion on a few questions I have if you have some time:
1. What's with the love one Sharrif Floyd? Am I off base to say he looks similar to a "Reggie McGrew" coming out of Florida?
2. Will David Amerson be able to transition to FS in the NFL? How well do you think he can be?
3. What happened to William Gholston? From 1st rounder to 3rd-4th rounder, was it his subpar season or is there more to his fall from grace (6'6 3/4 @ 280lbs, not bad)
4. How is Kenjon Barner not mentioned in the same breath as Ace Sanders for KR specialist?
Look forward to seeing your insight for the next few weeks building up to the draft
1. Floyd is explosive, runs well from sideline to sideline, and is really young. Only 20 right now, so he is just learning the game. He is my number one ranked player in this draft. I think he is Warren Sapp.
2. I like Amerson as a FS, and big CB. He simply needs more discipline in his game, and I trust that his secondary coaches will break him of some of his bad habits. I saw similar issues with Aaron Ross coming out of college, and those problems were corrected.
3. Gholston is a first round talent physically, with an undrafted free agent motor. Simply takes way too many plays off, does not play with passion. Terrible waste of talent.
4. I see Barner and Sanders as KR/PR guys in the NFL. Sanders, in my opinion, has a better feel of the position.