There are 229 users in the forums

Another Mock.

1. 31 Datone Jones DE (Solid all around)

2. 34. Eric Reid FS (Eventually take over for Whitner at SS)

2. 61. David Amerson CB/FS (ballhawk. Him and Reid paired as our safeties for years to come)

3. 74. Brandon WIlliams DT (Big defensive tackle with pass rushing ability)

3. 82. Darick Rogers WR (paired with Crabtree for years to come)

3. 93. Travis Kelce TE (Great size, athletic, pretty physical)

4.122. Cornelius Washingtion (pass rush depth)

4. 128. Traded along with Donte Whitner for pick 82

4.131. Tyrann Mathieu CB (Percy Harvin neutralizer. Mike Mayock said most teams have a 4th-5th round grade on him)

5.157. Traded for pick 122

6.173. Traded for pick 122

6.180. Sanders Commings CB (Big athletic corner)

7. 227. Knile Davis RB ( Athletic specimen who had one tremendous year in college. Fumbling and injury problems are why he is as low as 7th round projection)

7. 246. Draft a center to compete with Looney, Kilgore as Goodwin's replacement.

7. 252.Terrell Sinkfield WR (speed)
[ Edited by pwillis52beasty on Apr 11, 2013 at 10:38 AM ]
You're trading Donte Whitner?
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Man, if we get those first 6 picks, I'd cream my pants.
I'm torn about Eric Reid vs Cyprien, but leaning toward Cyprien based on everything I've read so far.

I also think it's funny how you say Reid will "eventually" take over for Whitner, and then you trade Whitner, lol.
I like a couple players picked, but overall i would be extreely disapoint in this draft.

Dont understand the lust for converting Amerson to S. Guy was extremely underwhelming last season, and a conversion is not a given. Why Amerson especially over a Phillip Thomas who already is a tested FS?

Personally not a huge fan of Reid either.

Whitner will not be traded. He is the best S currently on the roster.

I know people are still projecting Davis as a late round pick. No way in hell he lasts that long though. I think he goes in the 3rd-4th.

Not a huge fan of this, sorry. couple good picks, overall disapointing for me.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
I like a couple players picked, but overall i would be extreely disapoint in this draft.

Dont understand the lust for converting Amerson to S. Guy was extremely underwhelming last season, and a conversion is not a given. Why Amerson especially over a Phillip Thomas who already is a tested FS?

I know people are still projecting Davis as a late round pick. No way in hell he lasts that long though. I think he goes in the 3rd-4th.

Amerson vs Thomas. It's a proven FS (as you mentioned) compared to a guy with 4.4 speed and a season with double digit interceptions. In my mocks I've had us taking Amerson as one of three early-round DBs to hedge my bets. Seems like he has the tools to be one of the best center fielders in the NFL.
Great mock but i dont see us trading Whitner. He's our best an only proven safety at the moment.
Originally posted by PTulini:

If we draft Reid and Amerson, might as well trade Whitner so we can move up into the third round and get Darick Rogers Whitner is smart, fast, a hard hitter, great in run support, but is awful in coverage. Huge reason we lost superbowl. He'd be expendable in this scenario. Might miss his leadership but Reid is far superior in coverage.
Originally posted by mayo49:

Lol. Those are some pretty sexy picks huh. I cream my pants just thinking about this scenario. A few of these players may very well get selected higher than where I have them, but they're all within that range and it would be amazing if they all made it to our picks.
Originally posted by LieutKaffee:
I'm torn about Eric Reid vs Cyprien, but leaning toward Cyprien based on everything I've read so far.

I also think it's funny how you say Reid will "eventually" take over for Whitner, and then you trade Whitner, lol.

Yeah Cyprien might be a better ballhawk, but I like Reid athleticism. And hahah oopps. As I was going through the draft I wanted us to get another third round pick somehow to get Darick Rogers so I traded Whitner and forgot that I had made that comment earlier about Reid. Guess Reid's takes over earlier than earlier than expected. lol

Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:

If we draft Reid and Amerson, might as well trade Whitner so we can move up into the third round and get Darick Rogers Whitner is smart, fast, a hard hitter, great in run support, but is awful in coverage. Huge reason we lost superbowl. He'd be expendable in this scenario. Might miss his leadership but Reid is far superior in coverage.

I like Eric Reid, but some people think he's questionable in pass coverage too. Just saying...
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:

Amerson vs Thomas. It's a proven FS (as you mentioned) compared to a guy with 4.4 speed and a season with double digit interceptions. In my mocks I've had us taking Amerson as one of three early-round DBs to hedge my bets. Seems like he has the tools to be one of the best center fielders in the NFL.
Yeah Amerson had 13 interceptions two years ago and then another 5 this past year. The dude is a ballhawk. He's big, physical, and fast with range. That's what you look for in a free safety. He has some safety experience. I think transitioning him into free safety would not be too difficult and I think he'd make for a better safety than corner. He seems to be a better zone read the qb type of guy than a guy who matches up man to man with a wideout.

If bruce miller can transition from d end to fullback and then become one of the better fullbacks in the league, I have faith Amerson can play safety. If not, he can play corner. His versatility is another great thing about him.

Originally posted by miked1978:
Great mock but i dont see us trading Whitner. He's our best an only proven safety at the moment.
He is our most experienced safety and brings a physical presence and strong leadership. Whitner's coverage skills can be easily upgraded though. Huge reason we lost the superbowl was because Whitner can't cover a damn thang.
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:

I like Eric Reid, but some people think he's questionable in pass coverage too. Just saying...

Even if questionable, still far superior to Whitner who is DEFINITE ASS in coverage. LOL.

Oh and that's also why I suggested moving Eric Reid to SS, as coverage is not as important as it is for FS. I think Reid is solid for the most part in coverage though based off of what I've read and seen. Might have a hard time with quicker receivers, but I see him matching up well with bigger tight ends and receivers in coverage.
[ Edited by pwillis52beasty on Apr 11, 2013 at 3:29 PM ]
  • KK49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo49:

no kidding
one can only hope
  • KK49
  • Veteran

why not both.... I see Reid as SS and Cyprien as FS .. eighter way , cant wait to replace Whitner with a taller player... its time to get bigger , stronger, faster secondary...
Share 49ersWebzone