Zach Ertz
DaRick Rodgers
Margus Hunt
Barrett Jones
DJ Swearinger
Vernon Connor
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Don't forget guys, we need a kicker, too.
Originally posted by mayo49:

No we dont NEED a kicker. Hell if we draft one this year and put him on the Psquad then he can be claimed off by another team. We can still take the chance of drafting one but it is no longer a necessary need. It will be next year though.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NC49erfan82:

No we dont NEED a kicker. Hell if we draft one this year and put him on the Psquad then he can be claimed off by another team. We can still take the chance of drafting one but it is no longer a necessary need. It will be next year though.

Yes, we DO need a kicker. No one knows how Dawson is going to do. Plus, we can always keep him on the 53-man and just not activate him.
Favorite 7 players with the realistic possibility of being a Niner (and i know not all will be selected)

Da'Rick Rogers
Brandon Williams
Matt Elam
Phillip Thomas
Bacarri Rambo
Vance McDonald/Dion Sims
Marcus Lattimore
Okay this is much easier then picking 14 draft picks so here are my Lucky 7 picks that I think will be available when we are on the clock.

- Jessie Williams NT
- DJ Swearinger SS
- Terrance Williams - WR
- Gavin Escobar TE
- Jamie Collins - DE/LB
- Marcus Lattimore RB
- Caleb Sturgis, K, Florida (Because Kickers are people too dammit!)

Yes, we DO need a kicker. No one knows how Dawson is going to do. Plus, we can always keep him on the 53-man and just not activate him.

Have you not been watching football the past 5 years? Dude has been the best consistent kicker throughout the league bar none. Problem is he was on the Browns. I do not like keeping 2 kickers on the active 53 roster when you got other high quality players out there who can make a tremendous difference on the field get no PT. I am all for having a young kicker on the team with a monster leg but I am just saying Kicker is no longer a necessary need. We know Harbaugh likes to add and keep competition for position so I am not ruling it out we draft one.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

Have you not been watching football the past 5 years? Dude has been the best consistent kicker throughout the league bar none. Problem is he was on the Browns. I do not like keeping 2 kickers on the active 53 roster when you got other high quality players out there who can make a tremendous difference on the field get no PT. I am all for having a young kicker on the team with a monster leg but I am just saying Kicker is no longer a necessary need. We know Harbaugh likes to add and keep competition for position so I am not ruling it out we draft one.

To be honest I haven't watched anything he's done, so I should shut up. But, I still think we need to bring in some competition.
This thread has turned into a "we need/don't need a kicker" discussion. Man do we need football back soon!!
I could be wrong, but I'm thinking Baalke would like to end up with 7-8 quality players...but the only OL I see him taking is an OT, or an OL who can play just about anywhere. He can get excellent quality if he uses some of the 13 picks to trade up or down (from 1st rd) to get those 7-8 in the first 3 rds. That said, here's my "guess" list:

- Jesse Williams, DT/DE
- Datone Jones/Margus Hunt DE/DT
- Phillip Thomas, FS
- Darius Slay/David Amerson CB
- Travis Kelce, TE
- Da'Rick Rogers/Quinton Patton, WR
- Jamie Collins/Sio Moore, OLB
- Terron Armstead, OT/OG
  • KK49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by wysiwyg:
Not even Donahue could fock up this draft.

Baalke is going to hit this out of the park -- trading up, trading down, trading for more future picks

We will wind up with a bumper crop of players, at both need / value (Jones / Williamses / Hunt / Cyprien, etc.) and risk / reward -- Lattimore / Honey Badger

Like all Baalke drafts, it will be a few "wtf" picks, only to have him vindicated (Aldon Smith, Bruce Miller)

This truly is the draft that will set the team for next and into the future

And, THAT, fellas is why he wears a fuzzy hat and you don't!
i think ur right.. also I agree with u draft stategy, we need quality , not quantity. I hope we dont F this up.. i doubt we gonna have apportunity like this again.
Originally posted by 49oz2superbowl:
More than 7, but players I think would provide great value based on fits and where they are being mocked...

DJ Swearinger
Keenan Allen
Robert Woods
Markus Wheaton
Tyrann Mathieu
Robert Alford
Jordan Reed

All impact starters as rookies and all were drafted in the 2nd and 3rd round. Seriously GM's get too much credit sometimes. We could've drafted an all webzone popular vote draft the past few years and have players like Aaron Rodgers, Desean Jackson, Robert Quinn, Keenan Allen, Vontaze Burfict, etc. rather than Alex Smith, Kentwan Balmer, Vance McDonald. Yes there are several times we would've missed, but the fact that a GM gets credit for hitting on 1 or 2 players in a draft of 7+ picks is a joke. Impact players with unique skill sets are undeniable and GM's get too smug and cute with their picks, allowing players like the above to slip into the 2nd/3rd round.
More than 7, but players I think would provide great value based on fits and where they are being mocked...

DJ Swearinger
Keenan Allen
Robert Woods
Markus Wheaton
Tyrann Mathieu
Robert Alford
Jordan Reed

All impact starters as rookies and all were drafted in the 2nd and 3rd round. Seriously GM's get too much credit sometimes. We could've drafted an all webzone popular vote draft the past few years and have players like Aaron Rodgers, Desean Jackson, Robert Quinn, Keenan Allen, Vontaze Burfict, etc. rather than Alex Smith, Kentwan Balmer, Vance McDonald. Yes there are several times we would've missed, but the fact that a GM gets credit for hitting on 1 or 2 players in a draft of 7+ picks is a joke. Impact players with unique skill sets are undeniable and GM's get too smug and cute with their picks, allowing players like the above to slip into the 2nd/3rd round.

you did a great job here man no doubt but if you seriously think the WZ can do the job Baalke has done putting this team together you are delusional my friend.

DJ Swearinger
Philip Thomas
Johnthan Banks
Demontre Moore
Keenan Allen
Robert Woods
Markus Wheaton
Tyrann Mathieu
Robert Alford
Jordan Reed
Travis Kelce
Chase Thomas
Keith Pough
Jordan Poyer
I realize this wasn't a prediction, but 14 guys here and not a single Niners pick LOL.

To be honest I haven't watched anything he's done, so I should shut up. But, I still think we need to bring in some competition.

LOL at this exchange. Come on, guys. Do the slightest bit of research before you go spouting off. All you had to do was look up Dawson's ESPN profile. You don't sign one of the best kickers in the game and then draft "competition".
[ Edited by JamesGatz83 on Feb 14, 2014 at 5:55 AM ]