There are 112 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The Forty Niners have what New England needs!!

With the possibility of the Patriots signing Emmanuel Sanders and thus giving up their third round pick to Pittsburgh, the Pats will only have a few draft picks left. From what I can see New England have a 1st, 2nd and 7th round picks!!

Knowing how they like to collect draft picks they could be someone we could jump ahead of in the 1st round if someone like Desmond Trufant is still on the board with Atlanta picking ahead of us.
Good idea, wrong player. Trufant is being rumored to go as high as 13 to Tampa. I expect the Niners to be trading quite a few of their early round picks for picks next year (I really think someone will offer a next years first and a 3rd for our 31st pick to snag a QB. We can still pick up a safety and DL help with our 2nds and multiple 3rds) and will trade many of our Day 3 picks to move up for 4th/5th round depth.
Agree w/Crazy49er1313.

I feel the lack of a top flight QB will cause many to fall. Missing on an early QB pick can really set a franchise back. And there are too many very good Oline/DLine people to pick in the early rounds to rebuild a franchise.

It's very possible we will get a good offer for our 31st pick and pick up a first for next season.

NOTHING is impossible when Trent is picking.
I don't see any team giving us a 1st and 3rd for any of these qb's in the draft this year.
All it takes is one phone call from a GM who's on the "hot-seat" to win NOW!! It could even be someone like Detroit, Miami or even Indy who want to win NOW!
Holy crap usually they have a s**tload of picks. I see them trading down quiet a few times for a couple more picks.
I think the Steelers will match.
Oh god no. Anybody but Desmond Trufant. Take it from a guy that lives up on Seattle and has seen him play. Pass...no thanks.
It sounds good but anyone, repeat anyone, who trades with Belichick on draft day comes in second place. If Baalke does deal with NE wait until the clock is near zero.
the smart thing to do would be trade the 31st pick to one of the teams who are most likely to land the top 3-4 next year and have a chance at taking Clowney. He is gonna be the best defensive player in the league in a few years

Originally posted by lamontb:
I don't see any team giving us a 1st and 3rd for any of these qb's in the draft this year.

I don't disagree with you based upon my evaluations of this year's quarterbacks but we do not know how other teams value this year's crop. However, let's say the Jaguars covet EJ Manuel for example. Having used their first rounder already and not willing to send this year's second they may very well call Trent and offer next year's number 1 and their 3rd this year. Not saying it will happen but it is possible.
Originally posted by RealShaloop:
the smart thing to do would be trade the 31st pick to one of the teams who are most likely to land the top 3-4 next year and have a chance at taking Clowney. He is gonna be the best defensive player in the league in a few years

Would be great if we could get him.