There are 182 users in the forums

MY REALISTIC MOCK DRAFT and LAST ONE THIS DRAFT SEASON!!!!!

1-31 - Jonathan Cyprien SS -Florida International - Reminds me the most of Dashon Goldson of any safety in the draft!!!

2-34 - Quinton Patton WR- Louisiana Tech - All Around Good Receiver, Best Blocking Wr is this draft as well. Crabtrees replacement if we can't get him Extended!!!

2-61 - Brandon Williams NT - Missouri Southern - Soaps replacement or rotation with Ian Williams , Can play NT or DE

3-74 - Travis Kelce TE - Cincinnati - Great hands and best blocking TE in the draft , Walkers replacement

3-93 - Tyrann Mathieu CB- LSU - Our eventual Slot corner and Ted Ginn's replacement

4-128- Le'Veon Bell RB - Michigan State - Gore's eventual replacement and A. Dixon's replacement this season

4-131- Kevin Reddick ILB - UNC - Larry Grant's Replacement

5-157- Zeke Motta SS- Notre Dame- Donte Whitner's eventual Replacement

5-164- Jordan Mills OLT - Louisiana Tech - Depth at the position!

6-180- Dustin Hopkins K - Florida State - Phil Dawson's eventual replacement

7-227- Brandon Jenkins OLB - Florida State - More depth at the position

7-237- Aaron Mellette WR - Elon - More Depth at the position

7-246- Zach Line FB - SMU - Depth at the position

7-252- Caleb Sturgis - Florida - Will battle with Hopkins to be Phil Dawson's replacement

I know all these picks want make the roster but I made the picks anyway LOL PLEASE Leave COMMENTS , GOOOOOOOOO NINERS!!!!!!!!
I think they can use that pick on a d lineman or pass rusher is available but I wouldn't be mad at Patton .
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Don't understand why people want to waste a pick on a kicker. They wont beat out Dawson. We wont carry 2 kickers on the 53 man squad. Going on the PS would likely result in us losing them. Only way to draft a KOTF (if you will), is if we say he's hurt and IR him for the year.

Otherwise we just wasted a pick. We'd be best served to wait until we REALLY need a kicker and bring in some retreads and a draftee and have them battle. The way Dawson's kicking now. I don't see the point. Now had we kept Akers............. NO BRAINER
Just signed Phil Dawson and you drafted 2 kickers? I don't see why there's a need to draft one at all. Next year has a new batch of kickers coming out too. It's not like Sturgis or Hopkins are the last 2 ever. Wasted picks.
So how N when did Brandon Williams because a DE N NT? ? two RBs two WRs N two Ks that's half a wasted draft
I think the Niners are going to load up on the d line so that means that the Patton pick is going to change. If Jesse Williams or Datone Jones are still around, the Niners pick them up instead. Like all the other picks through the first four rounds. After that, not so much. Would rather have JJ Wilcox or Earl Wolff over Zeke Motta at SS. Don't think Brandon Jenkins will be there in the 7th round so maybe Armonty Bryant or Quanterus Smith would be the pick at OLB/pass rusher. 2 Kickers are a total waste because the Niners can find a decent K as an UDFA to stash for backup.
Originally posted by lamontb:
I think they can use that pick on a d lineman or pass rusher is available but I wouldn't be mad at Patton .

Honestly i was thinking the same thing, but I think there may be a run on WRs once the first couple come off the board and Quinton Patton is my favorite outside of Tavon Austin lol so I went ahead and made sure I got my guy! I do think you may be right though, thanks for making a great point!
Originally posted by ftberrien:
1-31 - Jonathan Cyprien SS -Florida International - Reminds me the most of Dashon Goldson of any safety in the draft!!!

2-34 - Quinton Patton WR- Louisiana Tech - All Around Good Receiver, Best Blocking Wr is this draft as well. Crabtrees replacement if we can't get him Extended!!!

2-61 - Brandon Williams NT - Missouri Southern - Soaps replacement or rotation with Ian Williams , Can play NT or DE

3-74 - Travis Kelce TE - Cincinnati - Great hands and best blocking TE in the draft , Walkers replacement

3-93 - Tyrann Mathieu CB- LSU - Our eventual Slot corner and Ted Ginn's replacement

4-128- Le'Veon Bell RB - Michigan State - Gore's eventual replacement and A. Dixon's replacement this season

4-131- Kevin Reddick ILB - UNC - Larry Grant's Replacement

5-157- Zeke Motta SS- Notre Dame- Donte Whitner's eventual Replacement

5-164- Jordan Mills OLT - Louisiana Tech - Depth at the position!

6-180- Dustin Hopkins K - Florida State - Phil Dawson's eventual replacement

7-227- Brandon Jenkins OLB - Florida State - More depth at the position

7-237- Aaron Mellette WR - Elon - More Depth at the position

7-246- Zach Line FB - SMU - Depth at the position

7-252- Caleb Sturgis - Florida - Will battle with Hopkins to be Phil Dawson's replacement

I know all these picks want make the roster but I made the picks anyway LOL PLEASE Leave COMMENTS , GOOOOOOOOO NINERS!!!!!!!!
#1 Two Kickers?! Al Davis is this you?!
#2 Bell? No thanks.ho
#3 While I like Patton do we really need another WR this bad?

On the flip I do like the Cyprien, Williams, Kelce and Mathieu picks.

I also don't believe that you "stash" kickers. They are like pennies. There are tons of them, most are worthless and they are disposable.
Another option: draft Jesse Williams, then Hunt and take Phillip Thomas in late 2nd rd. That really loads up our DL and still gets an excellent playmaking FS. Love Kelce...but wouldn't draft Mathieu until after getting a big CB. Think Patton could be had in 3rd rd. RB would be a luxury pick IMHO because I don't see Baalke drafting more than 7-8 players after trading up/down to get as many players in the first 3 rds as possible (after DL (2), FS, TE, CB, WR, OT and OLB). That's where the best talent pool is and he can go for the gold over quantity.
Originally posted by krizay:
Don't understand why people want to waste a pick on a kicker. They wont beat out Dawson. We wont carry 2 kickers on the 53 man squad. Going on the PS would likely result in us losing them. Only way to draft a KOTF (if you will), is if we say he's hurt and IR him for the year.

Otherwise we just wasted a pick. We'd be best served to wait until we REALLY need a kicker and bring in some retreads and a draftee and have them battle. The way Dawson's kicking now. I don't see the point. Now had we kept Akers............. NO BRAINER

I see your point and honestly I believe you are right but I only see at the most ABOUT 7 ROOKIES BEING ABLE TO CRACK OUR 53 MAN ROSTER SO MY LATER PICKS DID NOT MATTER MUCH TO ME, I FEEL WE WILL DO SOME TRADING UP AND TRADING DOWN BUT BECAUSE TRADES ARE TO DIFFICULT TO PREDICT I JUST MADE THE 13 PICKS. THANKS

first 3 picks from incredibly small schools? too risky
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
So how N when did Brandon Williams because a DE N NT? ? two RBs two WRs N two Ks that's half a wasted draft

I never said that he was a DE and a NT but he can PLAY both positions as a swing player with his experience playing both positions coming out of college. I respect your opinion but we want make 13 picks anyway, I see only 7 rookies at the most being able to crack the 53 man roster but thanks for your comment,
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
I think the Niners are going to load up on the d line so that means that the Patton pick is going to change. If Jesse Williams or Datone Jones are still around, the Niners pick them up instead. Like all the other picks through the first four rounds. After that, not so much. Would rather have JJ Wilcox or Earl Wolff over Zeke Motta at SS. Don't think Brandon Jenkins will be there in the 7th round so maybe Armonty Bryant or Quanterus Smith would be the pick at OLB/pass rusher. 2 Kickers are a total waste because the Niners can find a decent K as an UDFA to stash for backup.

All good points, Thanks for commenting.
2 Kickers and No QB?
Originally posted by BadgerHawk:
#1 Two Kickers?! Al Davis is this you?!
#2 Bell? No thanks.ho
#3 While I like Patton do we really need another WR this bad?

On the flip I do like the Cyprien, Williams, Kelce and Mathieu picks.

I also don't believe that you "stash" kickers. They are like pennies. There are tons of them, most are worthless and they are disposable.

#1 LMBO that was funny as hell. I see ur point.
#2 Dont know the reason for the insult, BUT if u dont like the pick cool.
#3 Patton is my favorite WR behind Austin and Patterson and I think there will be a run on WRs so i wanted to get my guy, If the NINERS feel this way about him , they will have to take him this high TOO. U maybe right about the need.

Good Point on the kickers, Thanks for commenting.
Share 49ersWebzone