LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 332 users in the forums

Final Pre Draft Mock. No Trades, All picks used.

Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
You dont see the Value in a NT. Thats fine. I see it as one of the most valuable positions in football for a 3-4 defense.

Agree with this and wonder why so many see this as a two down position. If you have a NT who can collapse the pocket he stays in, if you have a guy who just plugs holes, he comes out. With a second round pick you are hoping to get the guy who can go after the QB on passing downs.
No i don't see value in Jenkins...I understand a NT in tha 3-4 is a key part so I'm not against it I just rather have a better player playing N able to be more then just a two down player
Nice mock...however, I'd pass on Schwenke...very good player, but we don't need to draft a C. Harbaugh has both Kilgore and Looney waiting for their shot. I think Looney's the guy...because he's a beast and is very smart. Instead, I'd take a different TE at that spot...Kelce. Three WR's? That's a bit much. Love the first 3 picks, although I'm not keen on drafting a NT...because we play so much hybrid and the NT comes off the field. It's possible Fangio would change that, if he had Jenkins, though. I do like getting the bigs right away. Like Alford, he's a good CB. Not excited about Kniles Davis...he's got size and speed, but has an issue w/fumbling. I'm not convinced Baalke will draft a RB, given he's got Gore, Hunter, LMJ and don't forget Hampton. I'd take a better OT in place of one of your WR's...it's a true need, whereas 3 WR's is too many in one draft. I get you didn't want to mess with trades...they're very unpredictable, for sure. That said, there's no way Baalke actually drafts 13 guys. At most, I'd say 7 is about right. So, expect some trading...not necessarily up, as most are suggesting. Instead, trade up or down to get 7 picks in the first 3 rds. That's where the best talent is.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
Nice mock...however, I'd pass on Schwenke...very good player, but we don't need to draft a C. Harbaugh has both Kilgore and Looney waiting for their shot. I think Looney's the guy...because he's a beast and is very smart. Instead, I'd take a different TE at that spot...Kelce. Three WR's? That's a bit much. Love the first 3 picks, although I'm not keen on drafting a NT...because we play so much hybrid and the NT comes off the field. It's possible Fangio would change that, if he had Jenkins, though. I do like getting the bigs right away. Like Alford, he's a good CB. Not excited about Kniles Davis...he's got size and speed, but has an issue w/fumbling. I'm not convinced Baalke will draft a RB, given he's got Gore, Hunter, LMJ and don't forget Hampton. I'd take a better OT in place of one of your WR's...it's a true need, whereas 3 WR's is too many in one draft. I get you didn't want to mess with trades...they're very unpredictable, for sure. That said, there's no way Baalke actually drafts 13 guys. At most, I'd say 7 is about right. So, expect some trading...not necessarily up, as most are suggesting. Instead, trade up or down to get 7 picks in the first 3 rds. That's where the best talent is.

Neither Kilgore or Looney are on the level of Schwenke as a C. Guy is extremely smart, great at calling the matchups and offensive reads at the LOS, and a great all around C to have. IMO the best C in the draft and a steal in the third round. He would be an instant upgrade over both guys, neither of which IMO are the answer at C. They are both Guards trying to be forced into a position they are less natural at. Schwenke was born to be a C.

I only took two WR's Mellette and Ace. Ace would be mostly a ST guy. But could fill into some spots on offense.

Knile Davis has huge potential, and very few negatives that are being super inflated. All one needs to do is watch his highlight real to see what the kids potential is. His ceiling is through the roof, and if Barber could fix his fumbleing, so can Davis.

I take a development OT from a small school in the 7th. Most have probably never heard of him, but he has huge potential and could be a real steal. We are set with bookend tackles for a long while. Worst case scenario, boone shifts outside, and either kilgore or looney fill inside.

I agree with the fact we will be moveing around a bit, and consolidating this season or defuring picks to next season.
Really like eric martin. He is a later round pick, with insane special teams ability. He also would add a nice developmental guy for the rotation. We need to rebuild the ST IMO, and get more from our depth. This guy offers just that. Good kid, hard worker, smart. 59 tackles 8.5 sacks 18 TFL's 13 hurrys last season

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1457606-nebraska-football-why-eric-martin-will-be-most-missed-senior

I seriously doubt Schwenke could match Looney's toughness or attitude. Both Harbaugh and Baalke were very impressed w/his intelligence when they interviewed him at the 2012 combine. He and Kilgore already know the offense. You're saying he's better than them...based on his play in college? NFL is a completely different deal. I can appreciate you defending your pick...but given there are a precious few roster spots to be won by rookies, it just seems there are other positions more likely to achieve that. If the team was devoid of players fully capable of playing C, I'd tend to agree with the pick. I could be wrong, but I see Baalke coming away with 7-8 picks, total. After DL, S, TE, CB, OLB and/or ILB, OT, WR and possibly QB there isn't much room for another position.
I seriously doubt Schwenke could match Looney's toughness or attitude. Both Harbaugh and Baalke were very impressed w/his intelligence when they interviewed him at the 2012 combine. He and Kilgore already know the offense. You're saying he's better than them...based on his play in college? NFL is a completely different deal. I can appreciate you defending your pick...but given there are a precious few roster spots to be won by rookies, it just seems there are other positions more likely to achieve that. If the team was devoid of players fully capable of playing C, I'd tend to agree with the pick. I could be wrong, but I see Baalke coming away with 7-8 picks, total. After DL, S, TE, CB, OLB and/or ILB, OT, WR and possibly QB there isn't much room for another position.

Think. The Niners have 4 compensatory picks. These are late round picks and cannot be traded. So you're telling me that Baalke is only going to make 3 or 4 early round picks? The Niners have needs that have to be addressed. Three/four quality picks isn't going to get it done IMO.

Cool. We disagree. But there is no way in hell we are spending a darft pick on QB. we have tolzien and we traded for colt. Those are your two backup QB's. the only posibility i could see is picking up an UDFA QB

If you havent seen Schwenke in the senior bowl i suggest you watch. He was very solid. I think we will be a great C for a long time in the NFL. And you cant really judge Looney any differant than Schwenke, because he has shown nothing in the NFL level either. Schwenke however played C in college, so i dont really understand your arguement. I do however understand where you could feel there simply isaint space on the roster for another interior Olineman. That is understandable.

[ Edited by IdahoNiner on Apr 10, 2013 at 6:13 PM ]
Originally posted by Rsrkshn:
Think. The Niners have 4 compensatory picks. These are late round picks and cannot be traded. So you're telling me that Baalke is only going to make 3 or 4 early round picks? The Niners have needs that have to be addressed. Three/four quality picks isn't going to get it done IMO.

Oops . . . we only have 3 compensatory picks. In which case 5 early round picks would well get it the job done. Sorry. That is if getting draft picks in future years is a priority. However, it stands to reason that if there are players available who the Niners like they will be flexible on this issue.

Oops . . . we only have 3 compensatory picks. In which case 5 early round picks would well get it the job done. Sorry. That is if getting draft picks in future years is a priority. However, it stands to reason that if there are players available who the Niners like they will be flexible on this issue.

Non of out depth is set in stone at this time, and there are opportunitys for upgrades accross the board. I think we use more picks than most people do, but there will be movment im sure.

Share 49ersWebzone