There are 73 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Kriz' one and only mock

Defense does win championships we slapped greenbay because their defense could'nt stop us our defense stopped the Falcons on the last play. Denvers defense could'nt keep thelead against Baltimore they had that game won but the defense gave the game away, Ravens beat a top offense in the Patriots with a good defensive effort , made it look easy thenwhat lost us the SUPERBOWL our Defense no pass rush and DB's could'nt cover the deep pass. What won the SUPERBOWL a DEFENSIVE PLAY AND YES RAVENS DEFENSE keeping us out of the ENDZONE. Yes if we would of had a HEALTHY pair of SMITH BROTHER'S we win DEFENSE DEFENSE DEFENSE.....with my draft NINERS OFFENSE

WR'S CRABTREE,BOLDIN,MANNINGHAM,JENKINS,ROGERS,WILLIAMS

TE'S DAVIS,EIFERT,CELEK,OTTEN

RB'S GORE,HUNTER,LMJ,LINE,MILLER

ALOT OF WEAPONS FOR CK7

DEFENSE

CB RODGERS,NNAMDI,BROWN,CULLIVER,BROCK,MATHIEU

S WHITNER,CYPRIEN,DAHL,SPILLMAN,MCBATH,WILCOX

OLB A.SMITH,BROOKS,HARALSON,FLEMING,CAM & JOHN JOHNSON.....GIVING ALDON SOME MUCH NEEDED BREATHERS

ILB WILLIS,BOWMAN .....2 ALL PRO'S

DE J.SMITH,MC D, DORSEY,DOBBS,HUNT 3 linemen to help out BIG DIFFERENCE

NT I. WILLIAMS , JOHN JENKINS, (DORSEY) DT 4 man line

K DAWSON,HOPKINS

P LEE. ALL PRO

AND WE ARE READY FOR OUR QUEST FOR OUR 6TH SUPERBOWL WIN....
Originally posted by SSF49er:
Defense does win championships we slapped greenbay because their defense could'nt stop us our defense stopped the Falcons on the last play. Denvers defense could'nt keep thelead against Baltimore they had that game won but the defense gave the game away, Ravens beat a top offense in the Patriots with a good defensive effort , made it look easy thenwhat lost us the SUPERBOWL our Defense no pass rush and DB's could'nt cover the deep pass. What won the SUPERBOWL a DEFENSIVE PLAY AND YES RAVENS DEFENSE keeping us out of the ENDZONE. Yes if we would of had a HEALTHY pair of SMITH BROTHER'S we win DEFENSE DEFENSE DEFENSE.....with my draft NINERS OFFENSE

WR'S CRABTREE,BOLDIN,MANNINGHAM,JENKINS,ROGERS,WILLIAMS

TE'S DAVIS,EIFERT,CELEK,OTTEN

RB'S GORE,HUNTER,LMJ,LINE,MILLER

ALOT OF WEAPONS FOR CK7

DEFENSE

CB RODGERS,NNAMDI,BROWN,CULLIVER,BROCK,MATHIEU

S WHITNER,CYPRIEN,DAHL,SPILLMAN,MCBATH,WILCOX

OLB A.SMITH,BROOKS,HARALSON,FLEMING,CAM & JOHN JOHNSON.....GIVING ALDON SOME MUCH NEEDED BREATHERS

ILB WILLIS,BOWMAN .....2 ALL PRO'S

DE J.SMITH,MC D, DORSEY,DOBBS,HUNT 3 linemen to help out BIG DIFFERENCE

NT I. WILLIAMS , JOHN JENKINS, (DORSEY) DT 4 man line

K DAWSON,HOPKINS

P LEE. ALL PRO

AND WE ARE READY FOR OUR QUEST FOR OUR 6TH SUPERBOWL WIN....

I beg you differ. What do you do when you are down by 22 ? Is up to your O to go out there and score more than 22 in order to win the game. It doesn't matter how stout your D is, a great team with a great offense is still going to score on you and score on you big. Even the Seahawks's with their best secondary in the league couldn't stop Roddy White and Julio Jones. Especially in the Super Bowl, if Ravens' D was that stout, we wouldn't have been able to climb all the way back only to lose the game with bad play-calling. Is a bit like the Pats game, what was it ? The Pats scored 28 unanswered points to tie the game, but right away we responded with more offense and scored the winning TD.

I tell you what, perhaps coming out of my mouth might not sound that convincing to you, let me just share a couple of articles with you :

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/14/sports/football/defense-once-won-nfl-titles-but-no-longer.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1244200-has-the-phrase-defense-wins-championships-become-obsolete

http://espn.go.com/blog/playbook/fandom/post/_/id/16903/era-of-defense-wins-championships-is-over
I'd take a much different approach...to get a real stud or two DL, you need to go after them early. I see them as bigger needs than a WR and TE. I seriously doubt Jenkins will last 'til the 3rd rd, especially not after losing 40+ lbs. I like Amerson, Banks, and Lester picks. The latter could be a luxury pick, after Baalke gets his DL, S, CB, TE, WR, OT and OLB. I really don't expect more than 7-8 picks...quality over quanitity. TB can use the rest to trade up/down to get more picks in the first 3 rds, and a couple for next year's draft.
Pretty much agree, Corva, and I see only 5 picks, plus 3 comp picks. That means baalke has 5 picks to trade up for 5 non comp picks. That should get us our 2 starting DLs, our CB/S, and OL. The TE or WR or OLB are going to be late picks,, with the high picks going to DL and CB/S.
You see what happened to our DEFENSE once Justin Smith got hurt we were #3 in pass defense and 2 scoring defense we need DL pressure we could have D.Sanders back there I wouldn't mater our offense will be better than last year top 5 i'd say......in the first 3 picks we need a D lineman
  • krizay
  • Veteran
You see what happened to our DEFENSE once Justin Smith got hurt we were #3 in pass defense and 2 scoring defense we need DL pressure we could have D.Sanders back there I wouldn't mater our offense will be better than last year top 5 i'd say......in the first 3 picks we need a D lineman

What's funny is the 2 biggest plays against us was when we got pressure. Flacco rolling out away from the pressure and chucks a lollipop up to Boldin. The other was another pass to boldin.

But you see what happened to our OFFENSE at the end of the SB. We threw it to the same guy ALL 3 OF THE LAST 3 PLAYS. Why? cause we had no one else Kaep trusted. Yes we have Boldin this year. But what happens after that?
On the touchdown to Jones watch the film he stood in the pocket stepped up and chucked it to Jones who caught it fell down they miss the tackle on him and he scores. Yes CK7 there it to CRABS 3 times because he didn't trust (MOSS)(Walker).let's see this year with same scenario
WR MANNINGHAM (Both quick great hands) K.WILLIAMS
WR CRABTREE/A.J.JENKINS
WR BOLDIN (Goes after the ball not like Moss)
TE DAVIS
TE (DRAFT) EIFERT/ERTZ BOTH OVER 6'5'' WALKER 6'0'' big difference
RB GORE,HUNTER,LMJ

PLENTY OF OFFENSIVE WEAPONS Niners will DRAFT another WR this year there's alot of talent there

Atlanta game and the superbowl if it wasn't for our defense causing them turnovers we get whooped,just like we did in Seattle, You build a team on all offense and we'll be like the PAT'S,SAINTS,PACKERS,TEXANS, BRONCOS , DO I NEED TO SAY MORE
[ Edited by SSF49er on Apr 10, 2013 at 4:59 PM ]
  • krizay
  • Veteran
On the touchdown to Jones watch the film he stood in the pocket stepped up and chucked it to Jones who caught it fell down they miss the tackle on him and he scores. Yes CK7 there it to CRABS 3 times because he didn't trust (MOSS)(Walker).let's see this year with same scenario
WR MANNINGHAM (Both quick great hands) K.WILLIAMS
WR CRABTREE/A.J.JENKINS
WR BOLDIN (Goes after the ball not like Moss)
TE DAVIS
TE (DRAFT) EIFERT/ERTZ BOTH OVER 6'5'' WALKER 6'0'' big difference
RB GORE,HUNTER,LMJ

PLENTY OF OFFENSIVE WEAPONS Niners will DRAFT another WR this year there's alot of talent there

Atlanta game and the superbowl if it wasn't for our defense causing them turnovers we get whooped,just like we did in Seattle, You build a team on all offense and we'll be like the PAT'S,SAINTS,PACKERS,TEXANS, BRONCOS , DO I NEED TO SAY MORE

LOL and if we would have scored the TD to go ahead in THAT GAME. You would credit the defense there too huh? despite giving up what 30 ppg in the playoffs?

And just cause we're not getting sacks doesnt mean we're not getting pressure
What do you think we have to fix we went from giving up 15 ppg to 30 ppg after Justin Smith got hurt against the Patriots our defense gave up alot of yards and points we need defensive line help NINERS will draft 2 D-lineman to help out Smith ,McD and an OLB pass rusher to compete with Brooks
  • krizay
  • Veteran
What do you think we have to fix we went from giving up 15 ppg to 30 ppg after Justin Smith got hurt against the Patriots our defense gave up alot of yards and points we need defensive line help NINERS will draft 2 D-lineman to help out Smith ,McD and an OLB pass rusher to compete with Brooks

I agree with you. aside from the OLB part. the problem is ou seem to think that has to come at 31 and 34.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by krizay:
I agree with you. aside from the OLB part. the problem is ou seem to think that has to come at 31 and 34.

i even addressed as such in my mock

Let me try to break it down for you here. Yes, noone is denying Justin Smith is a huge part of our D and when he went down our D suffered. But, here is the thing, you cannot totally attribute us giving up more points on the D alone. You have to give the opposing O some credit for that. I didn't see the Cards smoking us even after Justin's injury, did you ?

If you have read the articles that I showed you, what they essentially tell you is that the D is important up to a certain extent. However, when you play a really great team with a really great offense, that kind of goes out of the window cos that is what great offense does and especially in the playoffs they tend to score even more. Take the Falcons for example, we were down by 17 at the half, the Seahawks also suffered a similar fate, Justin Smith did play although not at 100%, he didn't cause that by himself. But, more importantly what do you do at that point ? Well, it will be up to your O to go out there to outscore your opponent and win the game.Your D is not going to go out there and score 18 points for you.

What we cannot afford are 3 and outs. Then you look at what happened to our O during the offseason, OK we got Anquan to replace Randy which is good news, but we lost Delanie which is huge. You couple that with our WR situation with Mario and Kyle unclear whether they will be ready or at what %, the persistent question mark on AJ Jenkins, all we have left are Chad Hall and Ricardo Lockette. Is very clear that we must further boost our O as opposed to suffer a regression. There is no doubt in my mind that we are only a couple of weapons away from getting us over that hump. When your opponent is scoring big on you, the only way you can counter that and to ultimately win the game is to have an even more deadly and explosive O to outscore the opposing team. There is just no other way.

Just to finish off what I was saying, what I am talking about with our O is a numbers game. No D in this world can stuff the box to stop Frank, yet running a spy to mark off Kaep for the QB run, yet having enough manpower to drop back to defend the pass. If they cover Vernon, we go to Crab, if Crab is covered, we go to Anquan, if Anquan is covered we go to a Zach Ertz or if Ertz is covered, we go deep to a Justin Hunter. That is precisely why we need more weapons. We need try to eliminate as far as possible or least cut down on 3 and outs and finish off drives by going to the house.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
and FWIW. I'm not opposed to 1. Allen/Woods 2.Jones/Williams 2b. FS

It's just imo WR is a bigger need then some seeem to think. And Woods Allen were top 2 wideouts coming into te season. they didnt dissappoint. but get pushed down by newcomers and guys who tested better.

and getting one of them for the reasons ive stated throughout this thread would be huge down the road
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home