LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 284 users in the forums

Kriz' one and only mock

• krizay
  • Veteran
Keenan Allen 1 WR Cal................ With Boldin under contract for one year. Manningham one year left. Would give a nice foundation on offense with He, Crabs, jenkins for years to come. Has ability to be a #1 in his own rights. But will be understudy 1st year. Also allows us to pay Crabs big money while having another legit WR on the cheap for 5 years.

Zach Ertz 2a TE stanford............. pass catching TE that will replace Walker

David Amerson 2b FS NC St.................moved to safety. Could be the ball hawking centerfielder we've lacked for some time.

John jenkins 3a DT Georgia.................. adds depth to the DL that we desperately need. Also an understudy to J. Smith and hopefully his eventual replacement.

Jonathan Banks 3b CB Miss St............ big CB with great ball skills needs more bulk. but can play press man. Also versatile as he too has experience at Safety.

Sheldon Price 4a CB UCLA............... another big Cb with great ball skills. Plays press man. He too will need to bulk up a bit.

Robert Lester 4b S Alabama................. Inconsistent while at Alabama but has made some big plays. Would be a nice reserve SS.

Jonathan Stewart 5 ILB Texas A & M............... depth guy

Anthony Mccloud 6a DT FSU................ depth guy alon gthe line

KeJuan Riley 6b FS alabama st................. small school centerfielder with great ball skills. could provide competition or add depth.

Demetrius Mccray 7a CB appalachian st................... another big Cb who also has experience at FS. camp fodder who may surprise and when a backup role.

Ray Ray Armstrong 7b SS Miami..................... camp fodder

Brandon Hepburn 7c LB Florida A & M............... camp fodder

Wanted to go Marcus Lattimore at 3a and go DT at 4a. Would be able to "redshirt" Lattimore all of 2013 and bring him back fully healthy. As IMO this will be the year Gore's role starts to get phased out.
[ Edited by krizay on Apr 8, 2013 at 6:34 PM ]
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Good draft. I like it because it's different. Some guys slipping, taking a WR late round one two drafts in a row. You just never know what's going to happen on draft day.

I thought you didn't value TEs that highly, though. Considering you didn't like the Davis pick at the top of the first, I'm surprised you'd mock a second string TE at the top of round two. I think it could end up being a very good move, though. Davis might be gone in a few years and Ertz could take over. In that scenario I wouldn't be shocked if Ertz was a more productive receiver over his career than Davis. The whole team is just so much better now than it was on '06.

If Banks doesn't fall that far, I think Tyrann Mathieu would be a good alternate at that spot. Would fill punt return duties and compete in the slot.

I'm scared of the idea of drafting Lattimore. I'd have to just trust the medical staff on that one. We've just been lucky with players that slid from injuries so often it seems like it might be tempting fate too much. It would be nice for him to get drafted on this team, though. I really feel for the kid, just like I did for Gore coming out of college... rotten luck. Lattimore might have a better chance of success here than anywhere.
Banks falling to the 3rd round
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Wodwo:
Good draft. I like it because it's different. Some guys slipping, taking a WR late round one two drafts in a row. You just never know what's going to happen on draft day.

I thought you didn't value TEs that highly, though. Considering you didn't like the Davis pick at the top of the first, I'm surprised you'd mock a second string TE at the top of round two. I think it could end up being a very good move, though. Davis might be gone in a few years and Ertz could take over. In that scenario I wouldn't be shocked if Ertz was a more productive receiver over his career than Davis. The whole team is just so much better now than it was on '06.

If Banks doesn't fall that far, I think Tyrann Mathieu would be a good alternate at that spot. Would fill punt return duties and compete in the slot.

I'm scared of the idea of drafting Lattimore. I'd have to just trust the medical staff on that one. We've just been lucky with players that slid from injuries so often it seems like it might be tempting fate too much. It would be nice for him to get drafted on this team, though. I really feel for the kid, just like I did for Gore coming out of college... rotten luck. Lattimore might have a better chance of success here than anywhere.

Well, I stated back then that TE is a luxury pick. I said I can understand a team being that one piece away doing it. Though i'd be against it. But there's a difference between The #6 pick and #34. Even if the #34 is going to be a backup. Luckily we are in a position of luxury unlike 7 years ago. plus the #2 TE in Harbaugh's offense will get used more so than a #2 anywhere else.

I too wanted the honey badger BADLY until I realized he was just a CB and not a Safety. though in hindsight dude is still a playmaker and easily could have made my list.
With your first two picks, the Niners would have a relevant offense for years to come......i doubt that allen falls that far....
H*ll no to Jenkins over weight N lazy no first round WR he'll just be sitting, banks wont fall that far..no o-line 4 safetys wow really that's nuts ... N please a second round TE that's to high we need better D-line help D.Jones or J.williams #31 after them to guys tha 3-4 DE suckz N please no old rookie hunt ....
how are their 40 time's?
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by krizay:
Well, I stated back then that TE is a luxury pick. I said I can understand a team being that one piece away doing it. Though i'd be against it. But there's a difference between The #6 pick and #34. Even if the #34 is going to be a backup. Luckily we are in a position of luxury unlike 7 years ago. plus the #2 TE in Harbaugh's offense will get used more so than a #2 anywhere else.

I too wanted the honey badger BADLY until I realized he was just a CB and not a Safety. though in hindsight dude is still a playmaker and easily could have made my list.

Makes sense if you view it as a luxury pick. It's not like we don't have enough picks in this draft.

I view Mathieu in a role similar to Charles Woodson late in his career... you can move him around the defense and blitz with him, cover slot, short zones like a box safety. Just something to add a wrinkle to the defense. Plus he's got a crazy jump cut during returns.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
H*ll no to Jenkins over weight N lazy no first round WR he'll just be sitting, banks wont fall that far..no o-line 4 safetys wow really that's nuts ... N please a second round TE that's to high we need better D-line help D.Jones or J.williams #31 after them to guys tha 3-4 DE suckz N please no old rookie hunt ....

with the addition of dorsey. D. jones and j williams will be sitting as well. outside of FS or a PR/KR anyone we draft at 31 and 34 will be sitting. I addressed depth along the DL later in the draft. Are those players GREAT? likely not. but they dont need to be right now. just competent. DL is the easiest plus and play position on the whole team. Which means we can easily find the great players When needed. As of now. They don't need to be studs.

This draft allows us to focus on the Dline/Oline/CB over the next couple drafts. Our offense will be potent for years to come.

Liking this rookie scale thing and them not being able to negotiate until one year before the end of there contract. Which to me favors the team to draft offensive guys. or stud CB's.

Having him sit for this year. Well playing sparingly. then ahve him ready for next year. That's a win for us. As I said, Boldin and Mario not guaranteed to stay after this year and we have to pay crabs. Having allen on the cheap for 4 (possibly 5) years wouldn't put alot of money at that position after paying crabs. Like it would to resign Boldin or bring in a new vet WR
McCloud is from Florida State

Hell no.

Your first three picks would never see the field
Originally posted by theninermaniac:
Hell no.

Your first three picks would never see the field

I disagree. Allen would be one injury away from seeing the field. (probable 4th WR)

Ertz will be the second TE listed.

And the other FS guy would be in the running for the starting gig as a S
Sheldon Price in the 4th hahaha? Went to high school with that guy but yea hes probably going to be undrafted. I would like to sign him to our practice squad tho
BANKS IN THE THIRD?!?!

No way he falls that far.
Still don't know why we would draft 4 safetys though N Dorsey will probably play NT we need backup behind J.Smith so D.Jones is a no brainer at #31 ... we can catch a WR in tha 3 or 4 round(cobi Hamilton maybe )... I don't think people get that this is a defense strong class N our defense needs some youth ..players to learn N watch N take over next if need be...
Share 49ersWebzone