There are 83 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

I think JH & TB will use this draft to build around Kaepernick

Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
NT to start not just depth. DE to rotate for Justin/Ray Mac.

WR/S in the 3rd. I like Da'Rick and I think he'll be there in the 3rd.


Do you really think a rookie NT would come into the NFL, start, and over power the grown men in the NFL?

It's not 100% possible that a rookie interior D-lineman can even play his first year let alone start!
Yes I do - a rookie named Suh, not a NT but it doesn't matter, came in and dominated men for the whole first season.
Originally posted by kronik:
I guarantee they will draft safety and DL and cornerback positions

They will also draft a TE and a WR, too.
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Very creative thinking! I think they will go after a TE and a WR but doubt they will both be high picks. Would love to see Ertz or Eifert in a niner uniform but WR is a position that can wait while Boldin and Crabtree play this year. NT can't wait! But who knows? The fun of draft mania!

If people are correct in assuming Crabtree will bail after next year, then no, WR is not a position that can wait. We don't know how long Boldin is going to stick around or how long he will even be effective. If Crabtree bails, we're back to square 1 with no real receiving threat.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Yes I do - a rookie named Suh, not a NT but it doesn't matter, came in and dominated men for the whole first season.

He also was the #2 pick in the draft. And Gerald McCoy (also dominant) was 3rd. We're not really looking at those kind of guys, unless we somehow land Sheldon Richardson.
Originally posted by calinig4life:
No offense for the first four rounds. We got enough weapons on offense. I have faith in RBs'(FG, KH, LMJ, AD, & a project), WRs'(MC & AB(what(!)), KW, MM, AJJ, & a project/rookie or two) & TEs'(VD, Celek(something, I think) & rookie/project). Basically the same roster minus RM but(!) adding AB, I'll take that. On the "D" side, no soap, RJF, maybe even LG, (something) Gooden for depth, on top of that our starter DG is gone too. Also if we can, find a JS replacement. After writing this I'm starting to think all but maaybe two picks should go to the offense(TE & WR). Also this pre-training camp. May the best 53 players make the roster.

Are people really this lazy when it comes to typing? While this guy mentioned a plethora of players, only one guy's name was actually spelled out.
Originally posted by 49erRider:
If people are correct in assuming Crabtree will bail after next year, then no, WR is not a position that can wait. We don't know how long Boldin is going to stick around or how long he will even be effective. If Crabtree bails, we're back to square 1 with no real receiving threat.


Well what about AJ? Seems to be allot of faith here in the Zone in the FO/Trent so I'm assuming that guy is gonna step it up, no?

We've done enough on O recently and its pretty clear that the D is starting to decline. Once Justin started to fail, our D fell apart.

Makes no sense to let our strength become a weakness just to "give Kaep all the weapons he needs". As others have said, we have enough weapons on O.

For the love of god, I don't want to become the Falcons who have done everything for Mr. Ice and have a crap D who can't stop anybody.
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
I personally feel we will draft equal amount of talent for both sides of the ball ....with a couple of surprises too
I anoint you, Genius.

Baalke has always drafted in a balanced way. The Niners' needs are equal on either side of the ball, except for a starting free safety (that could be filled by someone already on the roster: e.g., Culliver, Rogers, Nnamdi). I'm convinced those on the webzone who want a majority of defensive picks were fans only during the playoffs.
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Very creative thinking! I think they will go after a TE and a WR but doubt they will both be high picks. Would love to see Ertz or Eifert in a niner uniform but WR is a position that can wait while Boldin and Crabtree play this year. NT can't wait! But who knows? The fun of draft mania!

If people are correct in assuming Crabtree will bail after next year, then no, WR is not a position that can wait. We don't know how long Boldin is going to stick around or how long he will even be effective. If Crabtree bails, we're back to square 1 with no real receiving threat.
And despite what anyone says, Manningham will not be ready even to step on the field until mid-year. He won't have his full strength and speed until the end of the year. Williams, is coming off a bad injury and won't be at full strength until sometime into the season. Why is Jenkins going to prove Baalke correct this year? I certainly hope he does, but he couldn't catch a pass even after Williams and Manningham went down.

I'm amazed that people think because Justin and Aldon were hurt last year, they'll get hurt again, but Vernon won't, Gore won't, Kaep won't, Crabtree won't.
I think we need DL, OLB and S. That was our downfall.
  • buck
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 11,019
Originally posted by Rascal:
Well, I don't think "equal amount" is the issue of contention here, is about which side of the ball gets the top picks.

The issues of contention here have nothing to do with the draft decisions Baalke is going to make.

Baalke has made two moves to improve the defensive line.

He signed Glenn Dorsey and he extended Ian Williams. Dorsey should be a solid rotational defensive end.

Ian Williams, if he has regained his college playing weight, could prove to be a starting NT.
Originally posted by rk1642:
Originally posted by 49erRider:
If people are correct in assuming Crabtree will bail after next year, then no, WR is not a position that can wait. We don't know how long Boldin is going to stick around or how long he will even be effective. If Crabtree bails, we're back to square 1 with no real receiving threat.


Well what about AJ? Seems to be allot of faith here in the Zone in the FO/Trent so I'm assuming that guy is gonna step it up, no?

We've done enough on O recently and its pretty clear that the D is starting to decline. Once Justin started to fail, our D fell apart.

Makes no sense to let our strength become a weakness just to "give Kaep all the weapons he needs". As others have said, we have enough weapons on O.

For the love of god, I don't want to become the Falcons who have done everything for Mr. Ice and have a crap D who can't stop anybody.


No, no, you are mistaken. We haven't done anything to the O, Kaep did. We have only added Anquan with a mere 6th round pick, but that only replaces Moss even though he is going to be better than Moss. Then you look at the entire receiving corp, we don't know whether Mario and Kyle are going to be ready, Jenkins is still a big question mark, plus we have also lost Delanie.

Our D is far better than the Falcons, we will draft for the D, but just in slightly later rounds that's all. But, the point to note is "defense doesn't win championships" anymore. There is no doubt in my mind that we just a couple of weapons away in getting us over the hump.
Originally posted by buck:
The issues of contention here have nothing to do with the draft decisions Baalke is going to make.

Baalke has made two moves to improve the defensive line.

He signed Glenn Dorsey and he extended Ian Williams. Dorsey should be a solid rotational defensive end.

Ian Williams, if he has regained his college playing weight, could prove to be a starting NT.


What are you talking about ? Isn't that what we are debating here ?

Folks like me want to go with the offensive side of the ball with the top 2 picks, others say defesnse.