There are 136 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Honey Badger at the FS position??

I thought he was a FS already...surprised to see him at CB
NFL 101 - take a good big man over a good little man.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
Most mocks I've seen (quite a few), have us taking Reid, Elam or Cyprien. However, another guy I think would be a terrific fit is Phillip Thomas. He's a FS...not a SS they'd hope to coach into the FS position. He has the size, 6-1, 210, range, and production...8 picks w 3 TD's (led nation), 82 tackles (12 for loss), 4 pass break-ups, 4 forced fumbles. The other thing he has is toughness...he came back from a broken leg and dislocated ankle with that production his senior season. He's a playmaker...which is exactly what Harbaugh's looking for.

I am also a huge fan of Phillip Thomas @ 61.
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
Most mocks I've seen (quite a few), have us taking Reid, Elam or Cyprien. However, another guy I think would be a terrific fit is Phillip Thomas. He's a FS...not a SS they'd hope to coach into the FS position. He has the size, 6-1, 210, range, and production...8 picks w 3 TD's (led nation), 82 tackles (12 for loss), 4 pass break-ups, 4 forced fumbles. The other thing he has is toughness...he came back from a broken leg and dislocated ankle with that production his senior season. He's a playmaker...which is exactly what Harbaugh's looking for.

I am also a huge fan of Phillip Thomas @ 61.

This. I'd be all in for Thomas or Amerson at 61 or 74, with Swearinger at 93. Then, if Matthieu is still available somewhere in the fourth, I would take him to displace Carlos as the Nickle, and to add depth to the KR/PR spot.

That frees us up to go DE, TE, or DT earlier on.
Wow.. I hope that ELAM isn't even on a Radar.. Just like Xavier Rhodes at the CB position, I personally think that Elam is also overrated...

He maybe a hard hitter and all, but we just dont need another Whitner in the Secondary...
the guy should be an elite special teamer...and has a unique skill set.

He is a physical low center of gravity slot DB with fantastic quickness and world class football smarts.

This guy can bring run support from the nickel back position.

He has shown that Willis - Bowman read and react type instict....and he will get dirty and back it up.

He has a line backer's soul.

As an Auburn guy....i have mad respect for his skill set. He would so fit in on the 49ers Defense.

imagine this guy after he develops sound fundamentals
Helluva athlete for the position, but way too small and not anywhere physical enough..Nice theory though.
Originally posted by toppdogg32:
Helluva athlete for the position, but way too small and not anywhere physical enough..Nice theory though.

really?

The guy is crazy physical he had something like 90 college tackles with 12 Forced Fumbles in 2 seasons.......... I agree he would have issues at 170-180...but he is not 170 any longer... he is 195.

what is the average FS size in the NFL? He can prob be groomed up to 200 pounds....so 5-9 or 5-10 200 pounds should not be that far off for a guy with his mentality....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIfu0h0vhyE