There are 186 users in the forums

my guess on the effect of free agent signings on Niners draft plan

1. with the addition of low cost vets, like dorsey, ashomagua, dahl, skuta, i would think they will be more likely to trade up high in round one for a player they like

2. I think the ashomugua signing realy negates the chances of them taking a cornerback high...they have 6 nfl caliber corners now on the rost

3. The dahl signing makes a free safety a likely pick...but the draft is deep their, maybe they wait until rounds 3 to go after a sleeper, amybe josh evvans of florida

4. the top of the draft will be focused on the defensive line for the ninerrs, i suspect..2 of their top 3 picks will be on the dfensive line i predict

5. the boldin acquisition doesnt negate the acquisition of a speed receiver high in the draft, with one of their top 3 picks...justin hunter fits the bill of both a tall and fast receiver
I think this is just your way of putting out your man krush for Justin Hunter. Technically we already have a speed receiver in Vernon. No matter how fast the guy is, it is all about scheme. If all the guy is good for is speed, just play off of him. Plus how much reps will he get with Bolden and Crab? Or the fact that we run a lot of 2 TE sets. He comes in, the D will know how to play him. Case in point Randy Moss, he still could fly. Then when you get to the red zone he is negated if he is not a great route runner, even if he is also tall. You want mismatches and create guessing games. A tall big TE creates that better. Will they run with vernon and the TE in, or which TE will go out for the pass, both maybe?

Dahl is just insurance to give them flex to go how they want if the pos of need and BPA don't come together. He is not the solution, especially long term.
[ Edited by WildBill on Apr 6, 2013 at 6:49 PM ]
Nice post! See the 49ers making some moves in the draft to get guys they want.
Originally posted by hofer36:
1. with the addition of low cost vets, like dorsey, ashomagua, dahl, skuta, i would think they will be more likely to trade up high in round one for a player they like

2. I think the ashomugua signing realy negates the chances of them taking a cornerback high...they have 6 nfl caliber corners now on the rost

3. The dahl signing makes a free safety a likely pick...but the draft is deep their, maybe they wait until rounds 3 to go after a sleeper, amybe josh evvans of florida

4. the top of the draft will be focused on the defensive line for the ninerrs, i suspect..2 of their top 3 picks will be on the dfensive line i predict

5. the boldin acquisition doesnt negate the acquisition of a speed receiver high in the draft, with one of their top 3 picks...justin hunter fits the bill of both a tall and fast receiver

Most of our CBs are only signed through this season, so I don't think CB has been eliminated as a likely selection in any round. I think the later you wait in the draft, the less likely you are to find a day one starter at FS. I am also shocked that you mentioned Justin Hunter. I was completely unaware that you were a fan of his [sarcasm]. I would greatly prefer Rodgers over any of the other Tennessee WRs, provided that HarBaalke feel good about his character.
Share 49ersWebzone