There are 152 users in the forums

SJCeruti's Full 1st Round Mock and more

2013 NFL Mock Draft

1.) Kansas City Chiefs:

Luke Joeckel, T – Texas A&M – The Chiefs let go of Eric Winston and although they franchised Brandon Albert he appears to be on the trade block. I personally am not a fan of drafting tackles or really any non-impact player at #1, however, this year's draft is not like others of the past. There isn't really that one big time prospect and there isn't a QB (even though I think they're fine at the position with Alex Smith and Chase Daniel for now). Joeckel isn't the prospect Jake Long or Orlando Pace was coming out of college but he appears to be a strong pass blocker which is key to protecting the blind side.

2.) Jacksonville Jaguars:

Sharrif Floyd, DL – Florida – Floyd to me is the best player in the draft. Initially he was thought of as a late first early second guy but his combine/tape suggests he could be an elite 3 technique in the league. He played tackle and end at Florida and can move all over Jacksonville's line. Keep in mind they lost Terrance Knighton and despite their need for an edge rusher (which they seem to need every year) Floyd can push the pocket in their 4-3 defense and even slide to end if they need.

3.) Oakland Raiders:

Dee Milliner, CB – Alabama – The Raiders have so little talent especially on defense and could use just about any position. I have them taking Milliner not because I think he's the third best player (I actually an not particularly high on his man coverage skills) but because you can never have enough good corners in the NFL today. But as I said, this pick could go anywhere and I think they'd love if Floyd fell to them.

4.) Philadelphia Eagles:

Eric Fisher, T – Central Michigan – The Eagles need a tackle. Fisher is considered by some to be even better than Joeckel so if he's there I think they pull the trigger. They could go pass rusher with Jordan (former Oregon Duck under Chip Kelly) or Ansah but they just signed Connor Barwin and have Trent Cole and Brandon Graham who I think will be fine as the team switches to a 3-4 defense.

5.) Detroit Lions:

Ezekiel Ansah, DE – BYU – I think the Lions are pretty happy about the draft if it falls this way. They could use a tackle and if Fisher somehow fell it would be interesting to see what they'd do. However, Ansah is a freak and they need a rusher after losing Avril and cutting Vanden Bosch. Ansah is raw and might not be an every down player right away but his athleticism is what gives offenses nightmares.

6.) Cleveland Browns:

Dion Jordan, DE/OLB – Oregon – Jordan is another athletic freak at 6'7" with great pass rushing skills. I think he best translates to a 3-4 which the Browns will be getting back to this year. Line him up on one side with Paul Kruger on the other and you have good 3-4 outside backers. They could use a corner but none is worth taking at this point.

7.) Arizona Cardinals:

Lane Johnson, T – Oklahoma – The Cardinals offensive line is atrocious. Lane Johnson lit up the combine and opened some eyes. He'll fit right it to protect Carson Palmer and open up some holes for Rashard Mendenhall. Wow that was odd to say…

8.) Buffalo Bills:

Jonathan Cooper, G – UNC – Cooper, in my opinion, is the best guard in the draft. He can fit any scheme and will replace Andy Levitre who left via free agency. They could go pass rusher but already have big money invested in the position.

9.) New York Jets:

Chance Warmack, G – Alabama – The Jets have many needs but Warmack will fit in great in that power running scheme. Now they just need the running back and quarterback to execute it…

10.) Tennessee Titans:

Star Lotulelei, DT – Utah – They could use help up front in both offense and defense. I think they're hoping Cooper or Warmack falls to them. He doesn't in this scenario but they get a guy in Lotulelei who may be one of the best in the draft.

11.) San Diego Chargers:

Barkevious Mingo, OLB/DE – LSU – The Chargers need a tackle, but the best one on the board, DJ Fluker, is a run blocker who struggles in pass protection. They need guys to keep Rivers upright. Mingo is a pass rusher to fit into their 3-4 defense where they could really use one.

12.) Miami Dolphins:

Xavier Rhodes, CB Florida St – The Dolphins have no corners. I'm not high on Rhodes, if fact he may be a safety, but he's athletics and long and fits a need.

13.) Tampa Bay Buccaneers:

Sheldon Richardson, DT – Missouri – Gerald McCoy has been okay but not what the Bucs thought when they took him at #3 a few years back. Corner is also a need but I think Richardson is the 3 technique they need to get more pressure on those great QB's in the NFC South.

14.) Carolina Panthers:

Desmond Trufant, CB – Washington – Many think Carolina will go DT with this pick, but they can address that later in the draft if they wish. Corner is a need after releaseing Chris Gamble who's skills had been on the decline. Trufant is a great cover corner that with some coaching could turn out of be the best in the draft.

15.) New Orleans Saints:

Jarvis Jones, OLB – Georgia – I like Jones. He didn't have flashy number at the combine but tape don't lie and he tore it up in the SEC. The Saints are moving to a 3-4 and Jones is the type of guy who can do it all for them, rush the passer and drop back, which is valuable.

16.) St.Louis Rams:

Tavon Austin, WR – West Virginia – I like Austin a lot, but not as much as Percy Harvin a few years ago coming out of Florida. Austin isn't as natural of a receiver but that can be taught to him. What cant is his ability to take it to the house at any time.

17.) Pittsburgh Steelers:

Alec Ogletree, ILB – Georgia – If Ogletree goes to Pitt it will be a nice fit. He might not have to start right away and given his off field issues, it's a strong locker room with a no nonsense coach who can get him headed in the right direction. Plus they need more young athletes on defense in Pittsburgh.

18.) Dallas Cowboys:

Sylvester Williams, DT – North Carolina – First off I think it's a mistake and a reactionary decision to move back to the 4-3 defense. I question whether Ware and Spencer can be defensive ends for 3 downs. However, since they're doing it they need a 3 technique DT and Williams fits the bill.

19.) New York Giants:

Tyler Eifert, TE – Notre Dame – I like Eifert, but don't love him. He has great hands and is great in traffic and in the red zone. My issue with him is will he be able to get open in the NFL? I say that because every catch he makes it seems like he's got guys all over him. Having said that the Giants need a TE and he'll slide in.

20.) Chicago Bears:

Kenny Vaccaro, S – Texas – Major Wright is alright, Zbikowski is more of a special teamer, and Steltz isn't the answer. Vaccaro isn't a perfect safety but they'll like him in Chicago.

21.) Cincinnati Bengals:

Eddie Lacy, RB – Alabama – He's not elite but he does a lot of things well and while I like BJGE, he's not good enough to be a team's only running option.

22.) St. Louis Rams:

DJ Fluker, T/G – Alabama – Fluker's best position may be guard but he can probably be a good RT too. The Rams got their receiver and now look to upgrade their offensive line. They can also grab a safety later in the draft because the position is deep.

23.) Minnesota Vikings:

Cordarrelle Patterson, WR – Tennessee – He's got the most upside of any WR in the class. Minnesota needs someone to pair with Greg Jennings and the two could be a nice pair. The question is can Ponder get them the ball?

24.) Indianapolis Colts:

Keenan Allen, WR – California – Andrew Luck might make this guy a star. I like his size and athleticism plus Reggie Wayne will teach him a thing or two.

25.) Minnesota Vikings:

Manti Te'o, ILB – Notre Dame – The Vikings need a linebacker in the middle and Te'o has great intangibles for the spot. He's undersized and lacks great athleticism but he's one of the best in the film room and will make up for his lack of quickness with his intelligence.

26.) Green Bay Packers:

Jonathan Cyprien, S – FIU – They lose the aging Charles Woodson who played a lot of safety last year and Cyprien can fit next to Morgan Burnett to help their pass defense.

27.) Houston Texans:

DeAndre Hopkins, WR – Clemson – The Texans have needed a guy next to Andre Johnson for a while. While guys like Justin Hunter and Quinton Patton may be more explosive, Hopkins is a better all-around receiver. He often got overshadowed at Clemson by Sammy Watkins but he's a very good prospect.

28.) Denver Broncos:

Blidi Wreh-Wilson, CB – Uconn – I like this guy. He's a big corner that can move. He was good at UConn, had decent number at the combine but I think big corners are very valuable in the league now and he helps a defense that needs cover guys.

29.) New England Patriots:

Bjorn Werner, DE, Florida St – The Patriots need another pass rusher next to Chandler Jones. Werner is a smart player with limited athleticism but always finds ways to make plays. Belichick will turn him into a good player at the next level.

30.) Atlanta Falcons:

Cornellius Caradine, DE – Florida St – Tank would have been a higher pick if not for an ACL injury late last year. He might have been the most polished 4-3 DE in the class if not for the injury. Atlanta lost John Abraham and signed Osi Umenyiora from the Giants. Osi isn't what he once was despite his cockiness. Tank will be a nice fit there in the ATL.

31.) San Francisco 49ers:

Jessie Williams, NT/DT/DE – Alabama – Williams is a nice player and a versatile one too. The 49ers need to add depth up front on defense and he will fit in nicely as a rotation type player and even an interior rusher in passing downs. They could use a safety, corner, tight end and even wide receiver but can get that later with their slew of picks.

32.) Baltimore Ravens:

Robert Woods, WR – USC – Man I love Robert Woods. He reminds me a lot of Reggie Wayne and for the Ravens he could play right away. He's another guy who got overshadowed by a teammate, and rightfully so with Marquise Lee on his team. Woods, however, is productive and another solid pick for Ozzie Newsome and defending champs.

OTHER 49ER PICKS:

34.) Jonathan Banks, CB – Miss St – I like Banks' size but he needs to get stronger. He's been compared to Aqib Talib but I think Banks has a better chance at being more of a man coverage guy.

61.) David Amerson, CB/S – NC State – I think this is our starting FS of the future. He's a ball hawk and has great range and athleticism. While he could play corner I think his best position will be safety with a little coaching and experience.

74.) Jordan Reed, TE – Florida – Versatile guy who is quicker than fast and I believe is the guy to replace Delanie Walker as the jack off all trades type in the 49ers offense. He lined up all over the field at Florida, even in the backfield, and he's a good blocker for his size.

I know Amerson and Reed might now be well liked by most of you but keep in mind we "reached" for a few guys since Baakle and Harbaugh took over and while they may seem like reaches, only time tells.

Let me know what you think.
As far as the Bears taking a safety they also start chris conte
Could shake out like this. I agree that no QB will be taken in the first. The smart $ is on building the lines O & D.

I think Jessie Williams is a very good fit for us.
Datone Jones #31, Eric Reid #34 in this scenario.
Share 49ersWebzone