There are 274 users in the forums

David Amerson CB N.C. State.

I really like this kid which is why I put him in my mock. At FS this guy is the next reed. He had a pedestrian season last year but he even admitted that it was because he wanted to top his 13 interception season and guessed too much on plays and got beat. But with donatell as his coach I believe he can get back on pace and It seems like he is more mature after the 2012 season and harbaugh's strong team bond philosophy will help his state of mind

some mocks have him in the 3rd round but I think some will take a stab at him in the early 2nd and I hope It is us
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
I really like this kid which is why I put him in my mock. At FS this guy is the next reed. He had a pedestrian season last year but he even admitted that it was because he wanted to top his 13 interception season and guessed too much on plays and got beat. But with donatell as his coach I believe he can get back on pace and It seems like he is more mature after the 2012 season and harbaugh's strong team bond philosophy will help his state of mind

some mocks have him in the 3rd round but I think some will take a stab at him in the early 2nd and I hope It is us
I hopes its us but leave him at CB, we have great coaching and sure they would get the best out the guy.
Originally posted by Rascal:
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
Originally posted by Rascal:
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
Reid and Amerson would be a pretty sick safety combination.

If Reid and Amerson play safeties, who play corners then ?

Culliver, Nnamdi, Rogers, Brown, and maybe another drafted corner

Why would you want to play Amerson as a FS ? Isn't he more of a press coverage guy ? Wouldn't it be better to keep playing him as a corner ? I would rather have 1 hot guy each covering safety and corner.

I want to have a ballhawk back there at FS and Amerson seems like he'd fit that role. I think he would make for a better FS at the next level than he would cornerback. He got beat a lot with double moves his junior year because he was trying to get interceptions. At FS, he'll be the last line of defense and so he shouldn't really be put into situations where he gets tricked by a double move.

The good thing though is that if we were to draft him, we could try him at corner if he fails at safety and vice versa.
Originally posted by JustinNiner:

I agree, I think he will go early 2nd and excel at free safety
Baalke's pattern so far is to get the guys he wants even if to most, it seems like a reach...so just like they did with Aldon and Jenkins, if they're high on Amerson they won't hesitate to grab him with their first pick regardless of how he's viewed/graded by others. In a way, Amerson has some similarities to Aldon in that they're both long, athletic freaks for their position who had monster sophomore years, but only so-so junior years (for different reasons of course). But they both showed tremendous playmaking ability early in their career and have the NFL size/elite athleticism to be big-time producers in the right scheme.

Amerson definitely seems like the kind of guy we would target early on, and probably earlier than expected. I also think that if we do draft him, they'll give him every opportunity possible to make it as a corner and only as a last resort, move him to safety.
[ Edited by GhostofFredDean74 on Apr 8, 2013 at 10:12 AM ]
  • KK49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by 49ersfansince90:
Id like him with our late second. give me Margus Hunt and Jesse Williams with either of our first two picks

Margus is like 27 years old already. Go with Williams.
doesnt matter who..... as long we draft 2 DL .... PLZ PLZ....
Share 49ersWebzone